8th week flowering

humco

High all I am on my second grow.
I had some questions about the strain "SPICE" I'm growing. Got a small grow room 5X12 with 12/12 lighting 1k watts.
At 6 weeks my tops got a growing spurt and branched 4-5 inches in a week is this normal?
I'm noticing my plants look to be maturing from the bottom up ,lower buds ripining first is this normal?
At week 8 I'm finally seeing good tricome formation seem a little long into flowering for that to start, thought it would of happen sooner.
Plants are very heavy with bud thinking they might go 9-10 weeks also noticed the modern going from a rubber smell to a very lime modern I trust thisormal.
Got a utube vid "marijuana flower strainer spice" any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Been smoking for 35 years and on my second grow

High all I am on my second grow.
I had some questions about the strain "SPICE" I'm growing. Got a small grow room 5X12 with 12/12 lighting 1k watts.
At 6 weeks my tops got a growing spurt and branched 4-5 inches in a week is this normal?
I'm noticing my plants look to be maturing from the bottom up ,lower buds ripining first is this normal?
At week 8 I'm finally seeing good tricome formation seem a little long into flowering for that to start, thought it would of happen sooner.
Plants are very heavy with bud thinking they might go 9-10 weeks also noticed the modern going from a rubber smell to a very lime modern I trust thisormal.
Got a utube vid "marijuana flower strainer spice" any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Been smoking for 35 years and on my second grow

Congratulations on your second grow humco.

I haven't grown Spice, so I'll let experienced folks comment, but the usual time for "stretch" (the big growth spurt in flowering period) usually happens in the first 2 to 4 weeks and often slows down by the 6th week.

You can certainly get some more growth in week 6, but it's unusual to have a lot .... you may be hitting them with growth nutes a little too heavily.

Spice has some strong sativa influence, so it's really not unusual to still be growing a bit in week 6 ... 9 to 10 weeks is a good general guess, but it wouldn't be unusual to have a pheno in your mix that's closer to a 12 to 13 week finisher and that may be what you're looking at.

It probably won't hurt anything though ... as long as your light schedule is 12/12 and there are no significant light leaks during the dark time, you should be fine.

Be sure to use a "bloom" mix during the flowering period, so the plants concentrate more on making buds rather than growing taller. (if that doesn't make sense, go read up on nutrients and how different nutes are important in different stages of growth. There are good articles on this site, on other big forums like IC Mag and the nutruient suppliers themselves will often provide information.)

Trichome formation depends on the strain and individual phenos, but you should see them extend and fill in quite a bit in the next few weeks of flowering.

Remember though, not every plant out of a pack of seeds will yield a picture perfect, crystal covered bud ... there are some plants that will have less. It's usually best to try to grow out as many seedlings as you can to increase your odds of getting a keeper that looks like a high times magazine cover .... but doesn't happen everytime.

Smells are also unique and will change as the plant grows, and then later dries into cured bud ... lots of different scents are perfectly normal.

good luck, I'm sure you'll find plenty of advice here at MNS.

Thanks fo r the replys. I got 9 clones from a grow he harvested at 8 weeks but haven't seen them.
My first grow went hind of bad, over fertilized them.I'm using age old for whole grow. Using flower hardner, plain water last 2 weeks. I find it odd the lower buds are closer to ripness. I have a utube video of the girls. MARIJUANA FLOWER STRAIN SPICE at 6 weeks. Going to do another this weekend.

Here's a link to my Utube video. Sorry for all the misspelled words and bad sentences but was trying to do all this on the road today with a android phone which has a mind of its own.
marijuana flower strain "spice" - YouTube
Yeah I got the Spice strain not strainer as a clone from a local grower, he wasn't familiar with the strain either.
Last I talked with him he said he harvested at 56 days, but I'm at 56 days tomorrow and still looks like they have a couple more weeks to go.

Greetings humco,

I checked out the video. Flowers look good man, don't undersell yourself. For your second grow your doing just fine. I think your right about the plants needing a coupe more weeks. You said they were from clone or seed? I couldn't understand up above. If clone, the guy you got them from may of picked them a little early. If it is from seed then it is completely normal that some will finish sooner then others, sometimes a month apart.

Best Regards

sXi

Plants look good, and Your description of burnt rubber and lime is DEAD on what I had with my spices, 1 a little sweeter, 1 skunkier :D. Lots of the babies from the skunkier one have either burnt rubber or lime as the dominant smell in flower.

I have run a bunch of spice x ssh, and am holding a cut from spice/ssh x spice/ssh. Lots of the initial cross ripened from the bottom up, and this incross clone seems to behave the same way.

humco are those all clones from the same female, or are those all female seedplants in the vid?

Very Nice

humco,
Looks great so far. I have not ever grown Spice, but you plants are obviously loving their environment. Keep up the good work.:cool:l-bk

Thanks for the replies. Definitely answered some of my questions. Still find it odd that they shot up 4-5 inches between week 6 and 7, and gave the plants their last feeding at 6 weeks. Now in flush stage since week 7.
Well the story goes the deal I had to get 9 NL#5 fell through.
A friend of mine had more clones than he had room for so I took 9 off of his hands, but they were in their 3rd week of veg. So I put the clones in 5 gallon containers and veged for another week before setting lights to 12/12.
Learned tons from my first grow, mostly what I shouldn't have done. Still have tons of questions. They say marijuana is not addictive, well they never tried growing it.

Looking good humco. I would probly run those around 11-12 weeks flowering. The buds pack on all the mass the last few weeks with this strain. It don't look like it's gonna produce much than bam. That might be why they got a little taller. The buds seem to grow in spurts. So I think it's normal for this strain. Peace and *bong* dude

Made another video week 8. Wasn't really able to capture the frosty glaze the lower buds are developing, maybe net time. Any comments or suggestion are more than welcomed.
Just go to Utube" vtwinken "

Made another video week 8. Wasn't really able to capture the frosty glaze the lower buds are developing, maybe net time. Any comments or suggestion are more than welcomed.
Just go to Utube" vtwinken "

some members here dont have the bandwidth to watch vids , can you post pics here please

peace :cool:

Well I tried to load pics using attachment icon, don't know what happened to the pics after that. I'm not exactly a computer person. will keep trying.

humco :)

Looks good fellah :)

To embed a video:
1. Type bracket next to "P" on the keyboard. Like this - [
2. Type in lowercase youtube after the bracket. Like this - [youtube
3. Close the youtube command with the 'other bracket'. like this, but remove the period - [youtube.]
4. Paste or type in the video # from youtube. You can see it in the address bar when watching the video on youtube. In your video it's "amGPchQayh8". Like this, no period - [youtube.]amGPchQayh8
5. End the string by ending the youtube command. Like this, no periods - [youtube.]amGPchQayh8[/youtube.]

That last line minus the periods with no spaces is what I typed exactly to get your video to post here. I just learned how to do it yesterday :p

Update on my Spice strain grow. I'm at day 67 and the lower buds tricomes are turning milky white, with a amber tricome or two. Was expecting heavy tricome "frosting look" but it appears this strain doesn't do that, at least on my plants. The tops seem to have stopped growing taller and are bulking up. About 75% of the pistols have turned orange/red. I'm guessing they will go to 75 days at this point but I do prefer the heavy body high of late ripeness.
This grow for me has brought a question to mind in reguards to THC % and THC strength.
After do some more research I learned where they get THC % but it appears there still is no answer on how potent the tricomes themselves are.
The oder from my spice strain isn't very strong but now the plants still have rubber like smell with hints of skunk.
Would like to post pictures but still can't figure out how.

how to upload a pic.

1. click photos. near the top left screen area
2. click upload photos. top right area of screen in white letters.
3. click select files for upload bottom left of screen
4. click upload/submit bottom left of screen.
5. give it a name and click process bottom center of screen

give it time to load.

Peace and *bong* dude

Thank you devilock for the photo upload walkthrough.
The lower branches have about 95% milky colored tricomes with a couple of ambers here and there. I felt they were ready to harvest at day 70. Wanted to harvest part of my crop at the beginning of bud ripeness for the head high effects.
Now the main cola still has some time to go, maybe 80 days, I left 4 lower branches that are ripe on the plant and want to bring the plant to the "body high type" and harvest late in their peak.
Dont know if its normal for this strain but my plants smell odor isnt very strong, was thinking by now their ordor would be very strong.
My photos are under member photos, spice day 67.

Well finally harvested at 78 days. About 80% milky trichomes, 20% aber.
The rubber smell went away at about day 72 and developed a skunk like smell but not a very strong odor.
Yield was 14.5 ounces dried from 9 plants and 1k HPS. Two of the plants didn't get as big and beefy as the other 7.
Some of the "SPICE" is finally cured, now I can get to taste and feel my harvest.
For what it's worth, my opinion comes from 35 years of smokin' and I consider myself a heavy daily smoker.
The buds them selves have a skunk odor but is mild, far from many strong skunk smelling strains.
The looks of the buds are very unique, to me many, many hairs very orange to burnt orange, very little in the way of leaves, oh and did I mention the shit load of hairs.
As far as taste goes, a bit harsh but mellows out nicely with a ice bong. Has a complex flavor, nothing that really jumps out at you but definitely hints of fruity pebbles, skunk and finishes with a bit of lime. If you're big on flavor than Spice isn't for you.
The "high", it's a bit of a creeper, right to my head with a slight body effect later.
For me it's a thinkers high, my mind gets going, like at this moment, just finished a bowl, very alert. About a hour or so into the high the urge to eat and then sleep sets in.
My plants seem to be very heavy on the sativa side, but my only guess is the munchies and sleepiness is from the indica side.
If your looking for a quality indica type high it's just not there, but if you're a sativa person look out, very strong on that side.
All in all I think it's a good strain 8/10, but now I want a good indica, back to the grow room.
Of course this is just my opinion of my plants.

Back