2023 1st Rnd of G13Widow tent grow

Skuncle Lenny

2023 Circle of Excellence
My first of the year outdoor garage tent grow will start in early May so it’s already time to get the party started. 🕺
I have 26-29 weeks from May-Thanksgiving of outdoor tent time, and I’d like to get three rounds, so I went through my MNS collection to choose the lineup for the 2023 season. I like doing a 30 day soak/germ/seedling, followed by a 60 day veg.
Leading off, designated for the 8’ tent, is the perceived tallest selection of the 3, with genes I can’t wait to unravel, a group of G13Widows.
I figure in a 4x4x8 tent, due to its lineage, I want to run 4-6, I can top each 1x, or maybe not, inside a 4 x 4 tall tent. Let the games begin.
View attachment 69692

2+ weeks post soak, so it’s earlyyyy
B0016480-A774-4518-BC45-62516D159395.jpeg
FE327D6D-1826-4471-B891-3277CCBBB6CD.jpeg
20E9AD4E-4480-4EA6-8C0F-7486D592DE3F.jpeg
White sticks=G13Widow. 10 out of 12. 👍
Blue sticks=Early Queen. 17 out of 18. 🤩
Red sticks=Nordle. 11 out of 18, and 3 look 🤢. That’s OK. Quality vs Quantity.
It’s gonna be a Long Walk Home, but they’ll get me to The Promised Land . 🎤

So I guess it’s about time I admit that I totally F’d up this grow by using hot soil targeted for later. Rookie mistake.
I wound up killing almost all of them. So this journal is coming to a close.
As famously said by Mickey Mantle as he was dying and made a famous speech, learn from my mistakes…
🤦‍♂️

After second thought, since there hasn’t been a grow journal for a G13W in years, let’s keep this going.
I only ended up with 2 ladies, so not the most examples here, but at least the two specimens are very different.

IMG_4875.jpeg
They’ll reach 90 days from soak on Friday, the day of flipping.
23” tall on the L, 17” on R.
IMG_4876.jpeg
Nice structure and vigor for the hell I put her thru when a baby.
IMG_4877.jpeg
This one reminds me of the Black Widow I recently finished that went 14 weeks and had a similar bush like structure and leaves.
This is my first grow with any of the G13 strains. I took a good handful of clones last week so I have more to sample down the road. ☮️

The 2 G13Widows wereflipped yesterday. 🙇
Weather here has finally reached the time where the night time lows are 50. So this time of year I empty the spare bedroom & move everything to the out door detached 2 car garage which has 3 4x4 tents rather camouflaged. 🤔
This tent has:
IMG_4915.jpeg

Neighbors include NORDLE, an Early Skunk clone & 2 crosses I made of Sinai dusted with Shit(strawberry pheno) pollen. First time testing this cross.
IMG_4907.jpeg

Looking forward to this eclectic group.

🪴

1 week of 12/12 down and how many to go???
IMG_4964.jpeg
30” and 27”.
The structure and look of the bushier girl continues to look similar to the long flowering(14w) Widow I finished last month.
IMG_4972.jpeg
Neighbors SinaiShit are showing the big fat leaves from the Strawberry Shit pheno Mom. Early Skunk clones run quick and vine like(I have 2 others finishing elsewhere). ☮️

2 weeks flowering completed
IMG_5077.jpeg
The difference in structure in the two plants is fascinating. To only end up with 2 and get variety is a lot of dumb luck🤪

IMG_5080.jpeg
She’s a real bushy structure yet not too bushy.
IMG_5081.jpeg
A bit more typical structure, though the leaves are very large. Liking this ride.
IMG_5076.jpeg
SinaiShit(2)
Early Skunk clone
NORDLE
G13W(2)
🌹

51 days flowering for these 2 exemplars of G13W.
IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5547.jpeg
IMG_5548.jpeg
They actually smell and feel like they look.

IMG_5549.jpeg
IMG_5550.jpeg
Bushy one is fighting off 🕷️ mites more than branchy one. Surprised I’m dealing with mites as I have gone with all new organic soil. Nothing though more than a nuisance that spinosid and now 🐞 are keeping under control.
🍁🪴

Harvested the 2nd G13W the other day at 8 1/2 weeks. She’s a bushy one with much bigger buds then the 1st.
IMG_5690.jpeg
IMG_5695.jpeg
I hung the 1st for 6 days and trimmed up an excellent mason jar full. More atypical of white widow than the white widows. I grew earlier this year, IMO. Very resonated, rockhard and sweet, smelling already. The bush of your plan I just harvested seems to be much more Indica dominated, per leaves and buds.
I have two clones, one I just started running in my favorite project cabinet. The good old time rear projection television from years ago that I’ve held onto, gutted, and use as a convenient closet for a small plant that all LST.
IMG_5738.jpeg

IMG_5739.jpeg
Really looking forward to sampling, 30 days from now. I try sooo hard to be patient 😊

FINAL SUMMARY REPORT FOR G13WIDOW:
Soaked Feb 5 & Harvested July 5

# IN THE RUN:
12 soaked, 10 germinated, killed 8 of the 10 due to hot soil,😭 but luckily still got 2 females.😃

GROW MEDIUM: Organic recycled soil. Coast of Maine Stonington blend, Raised bed mix, 🦞 compost, 🪱 castings, 🐟 bonemeal and molasses water, if needed.

SOAK/SEEDLING/VEG TIME: 84 days. I usually go 80-90 days depending on strain.

FLOWERING TIME: 56-59 days, or 8 to 8 1/2 weeks. ADVERTISED AS 7-10 WEEKS.

LIGHTING:
480w SF4000

POT SIZE: 32 oz cups to 1.5g pot to 5-gallon plastic “air” pots

CHARACTERISTICS: 2 structures shown, both 3-4’. 1 lean, spaced branches and tight nugs, the other bushy with fluffier buds. The lean example produced universally tight/hard small-medium nuggets with an earthiness aroma and taste, with a earthy/hashy after taste. The bushy plant, also 3-4’, had bigger buds, fluffier more than rock hard. Onion, Citrus, tropical and earthy aromas and taste ranging from subtle to complexed. *** IT’S ONLY BEEN 2 WEEKS SINCE HARVEST, SO EARLY FOR TASTE TEST ***

YIELD:
I break my down into Top Shelf, Mid Shelf & Edible Popcorn 😊. Leaner plant produced 36g of Top & Mid + 20g for edibles. Bushier plant produced 48g of Top & Mid + 19g for edibles.

TIDBITS: Trichomes very prominent and glisten extensively. Classic White Widow crystallization. I’m sure there are more than just these 2 phenotypes, but itsa start.

MyDx TESTING: Leaner/tighter bud plant-1st tested 20.07% THC; 2nd sample tested 20.82% THC.

Bushier/fluffier bud plant-1st tested 20.47% THC; 2nd sample tested 19.62% THC.
I can attest for the %, as it hits the head well/makes typing challenging 😊

SUMMARY: Long veg due to initial hardship, followed by an 8-week flower in 5 gallon pots under good lighting yielded a moderate yield of varied buds.

SKUNKLE LENNY RATING:
☮️☮️☮️☮️ OUT OF 5 FOR PLANTS AND EARLY RESULTS.
☮️☮️ OUT OF 5 FOR ME DUE TO MY SEEDLING KILLING TECHNIQUE. :poop:
1690132537331.png

Back