2014 Mr. Nice Greenhouse Grow

Wow! NICCCCE! So, would you say..... Greenhouses ROCK! Makes you wonder what took you so long, yeah? There's nothing like a greenhouse & that damned hurricane Sandy owes me a new one! Really miss little greenie.
-- Guess we know there won't be any bulldog puppies peeing on the plants! :)
-- I'll be watching! You could throw a harvest party right here on your thread. :D

I do plan on keeping the thread updated. It's been a little tricky keeping the heat in check. And where I live we've been getting 85 degree days with 50 degree nights. So I think I'm going to purchase a space heater with a built in thermostat for the cold nights. But yeah, so far everything has been coming along real nicely. For anyone who's interested in GH growing. This is my first time and this GH is pretty low tech. I just have passive vents that I slide open to vent the heat. On some days I've had to open the door. Used corregated plastic siding for the exterior shell and stapled up 3.5mil clear plastic sheeting on the inside which gives it privacy.

Hey bud do you know how to post pics? Open a new tab for your album and drag the image across, then wherever you see "url" at the beginning and end of what you dragged across, change it to "IMG". Anyway that's how I did it...
bulldogdad-albums-greenhouse-grow-2014-picture11394-image.jpg

bulldogdad-albums-greenhouse-grow-2014-picture11390-image.jpg

bulldogdad-albums-greenhouse-grow-2014-picture11399-image.jpg

bulldogdad-albums-greenhouse-grow-2014-picture11401-image.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet thanks for the pointers. I do most of my posting from a mobile device though. The plant in question is actually a Shit plant with a wonderful lemon citrus smell. Seems to be a bit longer flowering plant as well as another thin leafed shit pheno. The chunkier plants are the sharks.

Posted some new pics to an album. Strains are Shit and Shark Shock. Not too much longer now. Let me know what you think and much thanks to those who helped me through a few problems this season. I learned some valuable information. Enjoy!

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/members/bulldogdad-albums-greenhouse-grow-2014.html

When did you plant the seed? Or put out the clones? Don't know which you did. Your height was my goal. I unfortunately have plants that are 9-15 ft tall. Falling all over each other and is a disaster right now.

Sorry to hear that man. I put my clones outside sometime during the first week of June. They were only maybe 6 inches tall. They got thrashed by a hail storm in the middle off June when they were only like 12 inches tall. But they recovered well. The biggest plants in the bunch are about 5 feet tall. They are in 10gal pots and I topped and super cropped all through veg to encourage branching.

Also this is the first year I've done clones outside. I noticed they started flowering a week to two weeks sooner than the seed plants I've grown out in previous years. I don't look at this as a reason to harvest early but rather I get two extra weeks to let them finish.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that man. I put my clones outside sometime during the first week of June. They were only maybe 6 inches tall. They got thrashed by a hail storm in the middle off June when they were only like 12 inches tall. But they recovered well. The biggest plants in the bunch are about 5 feet tall. They are in 10gal pots and I topped and super cropped all through veg to encourage branching.

Also this is the first year I've done clones outside. I noticed they started flowering a week to two weeks sooner than the seed plants I've grown out in previous years. I don't look at this as a reason to harvest early but rather I get two extra weeks to let them finish.

Ya usually clones will finish 2 weeks earlier and that's why I put out several this year. In my greenhouse I have about 20 clones of critical mass tht I put in the dirt about the 1st week of July. They are all way to tall and and have started flowering just a little bit ago. I was expecting them to be finished 2 weeks ago. I have some crosses of critical mass/ Mulanje that are outside started from seed that are no where near as tall and are almost ready to chop. Huge huge crop off of them and I put them in some poor dirt and did not fertilize that much.
I also crossed that Mulanje male with several more varieties and all those crosses are putting on some major weight.
I chopped a critical skunk last night as she was getting mold in the buds. Her sisters are still full of white hairs but if this rain lasts like they are saying 5" over the next 3-4 days then I will be having some humidity problems and will have to chop some more plants to keep them from ruining.

I have a little but of molding showing up. I try not to panic and just snip off part of the plant that has it. Then don't let it touch anything. Immediately get rid of it. It can infect your other plants.

Strange that your CM clones are taking so long. I have a shit pheno right now that I don't think will be done til mid November. Looks great! Fat colas. Just taking it's sweet ass time. I have a Shark that will be chop ready by November 1st for sure.

Greenthumbskunks statement about setting out a few plants in poor soil & not much on the nutes........ made me think this worth mentioning. All the wild landraces that grew for thousand of years without human intervention...... all the cases of nute burned plants we see almost daily on the forums... ? ... think maybe we've been a little brainwashed? I use good organic soils, feed half as often as recommended at 1/4 - 1/2 recommend dose. No burn, no deficiencies, no problem! For outdoors... this soil was always good, but over 40 yrs of applying mushroom soil & home made compost on every inch of it, I feed outside plants 2, sometime 3 times for their entire life. A growth nute as they reach their most rapid growth stage, a bloom nute mid Sept when 12/12 hits & usually 2 applications of molasses. BTW, I don't end up with whacky pH imbalances either. Food for thought! :)

PS... some pretty girls! Easier to prevent insects & disease in greenhouse, I love it! I know you've asked yourself why you waited so long! Wait till you put in a heater & grow through the winter! I can loose myself for hours inside a grnhse in the winter. Nothing else quite like it! The feel of the air, the smell of green growth while watching it snow outside! An awesome experience! :)

Last edited:
Yeah I don't feed my plants at recommended strengths either and they do fine. The greenhouse was great for a little low tech project. I don't have lights in it though so it'll be shut down by end of November. I'm in the process of harvesting in stages right now. I got hit with mites last minute but they were the red kind, not that hard to get rid of but I'll be taking preventative measures next year. As it is though, looking like it's gonna be a great harvest and will be cured up just in time for the holidays!

PS

The lemon pheno Shit I had is curing up to smell like lemon orange cream candy. Can't wait to taste it.

Last edited:
I'm happy to report that all the plants produced some very nice smoke. I have a really nice Shit that has a clear mental effect and nice clean body high. Not heavy or groggy at all but once you come down you'll snooze like the dead. Bonus, it tastes good down to the last ember! Taste is piney, sour, smokey incense. That's after a four week cure. The mental affect is very pleasant while the it sends waves of sensations through you body starting at the feet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    902.8 KB · Views: 12
You do some indoor growing too, right? I'd hate to see you end up buying smoke after growing what you like. It's always a disapointment. Well usually anyway. For 40 yrs, I grew from bag seed & my own breeding, which started from bag seed with the exception of Big Bud. She was a clone from the days when BB was new & clone only. But finding bought weed good enough to breed from, or even bother growing the seed was a crap shoot. Now a days, when great bought weed IS found, it has no seed!
-- if you're up for it, it wouldn't take much heat in your grnhse (since you've double walled it) to grow some cool weather crops like lettuce, radishes, spinach & other leafy greens... carrots, peas & green onions too. It'd be a fun experience, & you'd learn the little micro climates within your grnhse. They all have them. Some spots hold heat better, some areas more humid than others, & with some supplemental lighting to control photoperiod, you'd be ready to do a winter grnhse grow next year. You can heat electric or kerosene. A sm kerosene heater adds co2, one advantage, but cost a little more to run. Just food for thought.
-- That lemony orange cream one sounds like an old fashion Creamsicle ice cream, remember those? Can't wait for a smoke report on that pheno! That sounds awesome! Good for you! So, you planning next springs line up? So much to choose from, sometimes the decision making process is the hardest part of growing! LOL! :)

Yes I also grow indoors. Not sure if I'll try any winter crops. It gets below zero here for several weeks in Dec and Jan and I didn't wall the thing off that well. Lots of air leaks. The lemon pheno is the most potent. It's really heady. Strong initial rush when you smoke it. Kind of trippy. Lemonene is very stimulating. And the smell is outstanding. When I would brush up against that plant the whole green house would fill up with lemon stink!

Back