20 week SSH - dark aromas

Grabdad

Hey there.

This is a 20 week SSH pheno. The aromas from this are interesting. No citrus, skunk, or brightness. None of the little gorgeous twist that the rest of my SSH have.,

This is dark chocolate, leather, coffee, slightly gone off meat. If I didn’t know what this was it would seem unpleasant. But the more I smell it the more I think I recognise this under the rest of the SSH - and possibly NL5 * Haze. It’s there in the background but isn’t very strong.

I’ve read that this is how Nevil described the haze parental line.

Anyone have experience of Hazy phenos? Shanti - it’d be great to get your take on this..

I haven’t tried this yet. Will vape/ smoke it later on today.

C1100D29-03C7-4C24-B336-138AFB89828A.jpeg

88530041-64BC-496F-A5D0-353C9C7760B3.jpeg

Thanks Axiom. This is what I remember reading about so putting up here to get any more info/ experience. Although SSH has Haze C on both sides right?

You’re right thought, this is the best quality high of a quite a few MH, NL5Hz, SSH plants. I just tried it and it is soaring and clean with no burned out feeling afterwards.

IN terms of whether I’d keep it I dunno - it really is a long time. Also its threw a lot of male flowers near the end, which isn’t ideal. Enough that I’ll be cutting out chunks of some of the buds.

Last edited:
You are correct SSH is haze C no A
my mistake on this assumption.
The high is the goal and it sounds like you found it.
A cutting should come in earlier than the seed mom but if she is still alive Id keep her.
Reference : Nevil First Haze
You could seek out a pure true breed pollen source to make earlier hybrids that have the same or close to same effect.
I understand that keeping any plant like this requires two separate rooms and can get expensive.
I still miss the one that got away from me and I would trade all I have for just one rooted copy of her. ✌
edit: the male flowers at the end of 20 weeks should be taken and used against your best earliest female if the pollen is fertile 👍☝️
I really would not be concerned about her making a few male flowers after that length and could truly be a blessing in disguise.

Grabdad you may find that the male flowers dont apear when putting a mature clone into flower should finish faster too. Love your dried buds tho grabdad, if it smokes good id definitely keep it around.

Thanks all - great hearing your thoughts about this. Love the quote from Nevil aswell. The cure is bringing out the flavours and the smell has changed, it has serious incense when burned.

The thing with this - even after drinking all evening you can keep vaping this and keep going. There is no body to it. This is great weed to have a few pints with!

Hey there.

This is a 20 week SSH pheno. The aromas from this are interesting. No citrus, skunk, or brightness. None of the little gorgeous twist that the rest of my SSH have.,

This is dark chocolate, leather, coffee, slightly gone off meat. If I didn’t know what this was it would seem unpleasant. But the more I smell it the more I think I recognise this under the rest of the SSH - and possibly NL5 * Haze. It’s there in the background but isn’t very strong.

I’ve read that this is how Nevil described the haze parental line.

Anyone have experience of Hazy phenos? Shanti - it’d be great to get your take on this..

I haven’t tried this yet. Will vape/ smoke it later on today.

View attachment 50006

View attachment 50007
stuff that shows unique traits not normally present in a line, is most defiantly worth keeping. The dispensary Helping Hand in Detroit had some Chemdog D Haze flowers in 2010 that reeked and tasted of straight shoe leather. you got something really special there. Good Job. I hope that plant sticks with you for life.

Back