Tasmania 42 degrees South. Strain recommendations?

Yes, I've read the strain description of The Stones, there' are errors in a few different descriptions. The only 50% haze in the Rock'n.'roller series is The Doors (assuming the matings in the descriptions are accurate).

According to Shantibaba, Haze AC = NL5 Haze A x Skunk Haze C = 50% Haze the same as SSH and MH.
  • The Doors - NL5 Haze (50% Haze) x Haze AC (50% Haze) = 50% Haze
  • The Stones - MKS (0% Haze) x Haze AC (50% Haze) = 25% Haze
  • The Cure - Afghan Skunk (0% Haze) x Haze AC (50% Haze) = 25% Haze
  • Pink Floyd - Critical Mass (0% Haze) x Haze AC (50% Haze) = 25% Haze
  • U2 - Early Queen (0% Haze) x Haze AC (50% Haze) = 25% Haze
Haze AC seems to bring with it quite a strong Haze influence and with it longer flowering times - more so than the Afghan Haze male does.

Some Flowering times:
  • Early Haze - 25% Haze 8-10 weeks (Afghan Haze male used)
  • ASH - 25% Haze 8-10 weeks (Afghan Haze male used)
  • Master Kaze - 25% Haze 8-10 weeks (Afghan Haze male used)
  • The Cure - 25% Haze - 10-12 weeks (Haze AC male used)
  • Pink Floyd - 25% Haze - 10-12 weeks (Haze AC male used)
  • U2 - 25% Haze - 10-12 weeks (Haze AC male used)
  • The Stones = 25% Haze - 10-12 weeks (Haze AC male used)
I do believe you are mistaken on the rock and roll series . Stones is 75% haze nl5hz×hzac. Anything crossed with hzac will be at least 50% haze .

I’m at 42 North. Coastal lots of rain, high humidity during flowering season. That’s the other side of the world so I don’t know. Id go with a Shit, early Queen and a Shinning Silver Haze and see what happens!
Don’t take my advice though but I did love the episode where Bugs Bunny married the Tasmanian Devil So my late boomer age here

Thanks mate, Not much rain here during flowering till later, but it depends on the season cycle.
Do you mean Super Silver Haze? I wasn't sure it would finish before the cold?
Yeah I remember Bugs getting with the Tassie Devil, Must have been hard up, but we all make bad decisions.. Right?

Hi crackfox, welcome to the board. There is an amazing grow log on Early Queen I advise you to check out.
Yeah thanks, They did really well in a harsher environment than mine. Looks quite promising.

if the half of the the plant are haze ac they are 50% haze go back to school

Haze contribution has always been relative to Haze A and Haze C and their positions in the pedigree.

That's why Nevil's Haze is a 75% Haze, SSH is a 50% Haze, ASH is a 25% Haze, etc.

Haze AC is a 50% Haze strain so crossing it to something with no haze in it is 25% Haze.

If something without haze in it is crossed to a haze hybrid and you call that 50% haze, how can there be 25% haze strains?

Like I said, there are some errors in some of the descriptions.

Sorry to be part of derailing you're thread crackfox, I'll chime out now.

Haze contribution has always been relative to Haze A and Haze C and their positions in the pedigree.

That's why Nevil's Haze is a 75% Haze, SSH is a 50% Haze, ASH is a 25% Haze, etc.

Haze AC is a 50% Haze strain so crossing it to something with no haze in it is 25% Haze.

If something without haze in it is crossed to a haze hybrid and you call that 50% haze, how can there be 25% haze strains?

I think people are forgetting that there is northernlights and skunk in the hazeAC

you know better than the guy who created the seeds

show us your haze pics

i think you are wrong because only the fathers are used

the nl5 haze A x skunk haze c is the mango haze for me the best of mister nice seeds

so a 50 % haze strain
I don't understand. hazeAC, from what I recall, is nl5hzA x skhzC isn't it?

...According to Shantibaba, Haze AC = NL5 Haze A x Skunk Haze C...

I believe there to be a slight difference
Hi All

ok I forgot i was on my site, where the questions need to be precise, hihi.

The male I am using is based on the theory that both Nev and I felt but could never prove and that is that when Haze A and Haze C came together in a breed line from our camp something astonishing always came up. It could also come up with either Haze A but more than that on Haze C...however together it was combined did something more than we predicted.

This lead me to an old bag of old seed where AC male was revived from, and if you8 really wish to know the code then here it is

NL5(HazeA(2)) x SkHz/HazeC and shortened AC as I only use a male from this seed stock of Nev from 1987 in case you are going to ask me for the year...the month I cannot be sure about.

So that is all the history to tell ...all the best Sb

mu

Aloha fellow firewalkers!
We have strayed from OP's original question and need to get back on track but hope OP will indulge us one last time.

From 8-15-2010
Haze
Still a lot of questions about haze and apparently a lot of conflicting stories.
I haven't been paying attention to what Sam the Skunkman has been saying. He lost me years ago and if he wants to come out from behind his alias and go toe to toe with me, well that will be just fine with me (hey David).
If he is saying that he gave me Purple Haze and it was crap, Well that's true. If he is saying that his lime green Haze was crap , well that's true too. If he is saying that he gave me a Haze cutting, well to be honest, I can't remember, but if he did it was crap. I seem to recall that he entered his lime Haze in a Cup, if he did he got his arse kicked.
The Haze seeds I got from Sam were grown in America in 69/70. I got them in the mid 80's. All of my Haze came from these seeds of which I was saying I got 7 plants. I was hoping that Sam would come out with something good from his remaining seeds, he never did and to my knowledge, nor did anyone else. The only good haze that hit the market was from two males A and C.
Hz C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer. Somebody else renamed it Diesel. 5HzC X Sk1Hz C was not as good as 5Hz1. Mango Haze (5Hz122)is a full sister to 5Hz1 and these two were the best out of tens of thousands.
Haze A produced 5HzA2 (5A2) and was featured on the cover of the 1990 catalogue and is the mother of Nevil's Haze, the father being HzC.
If you are smoking any good Haze, I'll bet you London to a brick that it comes from Haze A or Hz C or both!

As I understand it:
Nevil clears the mystery and from what it looks like, this gives us the first part of Shanti's description of NL5(HazeA(2)) x SkHz/HazeC. 5HzA2 or (5A2) is clearly a very special part to this magnificient hybrid. Is this another way to say it- 5A2 x SkHz/HazeC? A NH/SkHz cross? Probably Haze C for the SkHz part as it seemed to be Nev's preference. Pls correct me if you have better data. Now from both of their writings we see that Haze AC came from "seed stock of Nev from 1987," Shanti had 3 years? to do selection from which the R&R series was born. This led to the latest AC creations, HG and HS. That is how I understand it. I'll see if it is possible to tease more out of Shanti though he's quite busy these days lol.
Now back to OP's original question.

mu

Aloha fellow firewalkers!
We have strayed from OP's original question and need to get back on track but hope OP will indulge us one last time.

From 8-15-2010

As I understand it:
Nevil clears the mystery and from what it looks like, this gives us the first part of Shanti's description of NL5(HazeA(2)) x SkHz/HazeC. 5HzA2 or (5A2) is clearly a very special part to this magnificient hybrid. Is this another way to say it- 5A2 x SkHz/HazeC? A NH/SkHz cross? Probably Haze C for the SkHz part as it seemed to be Nev's preference. Pls correct me if you have better data. Now from both of their writings we see that Haze AC came from "seed stock of Nev from 1987," Shanti had 3 years? to do selection from which the R&R series was born. This led to the latest AC creations, HG and HS. That is how I understand it. I'll see if it is possible to tease more out of Shanti though he's quite busy these days lol.
Now back to OP's original question.

mu
After posting I found out it is hzc used in the skhz . Thank you bro

Back