Supa Silva Direct 2010

Update!

Not much has changed...only wanted to throw some pictures up because these girls look so good ;) I did decide to go a week with the MH in flower and stretch hasn't been too bad...easily manageable actually...this was my compromise between straight HPS and 2 weeks MH. These pics were taken moments ago..enjoy! Peace!

Attachments

• P3210084.JPG
    P3210084.JPG
    854 KB · Views: 19
  • P3210082.jpg
    P3210082.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 16
  • P3210079.jpg
    P3210079.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 24
Hey Bob,

What's the deal with that? :confused: Peace!

Maybe some organic substance that takes a grow to breakdown??

was saying , every time i opened a bag of promix id get pests , even in winter , so it was quite apparent where the pests were comming from , ever since i started re-useing the promix and not buying new bags of it the pests are gone , of course id of treated the plants ect to remove the pests , then by not introducing new pests with new bags of promix im pest free :D

was saying , every time i opened a bag of promix id get pests , even in winter , so it was quite apparent where the pests were comming from , ever since i started re-useing the promix and not buying new bags of it the pests are gone , of course id of treated the plants ect to remove the pests , then by not introducing new pests with new bags of promix im pest free :D

Hey Bob,

Gotcha! I guess I was thinking under the assumption that if I bought a bag of soil and it had pests within it, that would be probably be the last time I buy that particular brand ;). I'm curious, as these soiless mixtures and top quality soil substrates cost an arm and a leg, how do you go about working the soil to make it reusable?I know biobizz has some recommendations for reuse of their mixes, but I was curious to know what you do. Peace!

Last edited:
Looking good Greenfever. I remember pstar showed how he reuses soil on his thread
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/16-bud-shots/1877-fugazee-organics-39.html

I've just recently started saving my soil to reuse and was interested in seeing what others do. Last weekend i mixed equal parts of chicken manure, mushroom compost and reg compost then mixed that 1 to 3 with my used soil. I took that mix and planted a bunch veggies. They all seem happy. I'll try it in my other garden next.
Just for reference my reused soil is roughly 60% sunshine #4 , 30% perlite and 10% mix of the manure compost + mushroom and castings.

Looking good Greenfever. I remember pstar showed how he reuses soil on his thread
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/16-bud-shots/1877-fugazee-organics-39.html

I've just recently started saving my soil to reuse and was interested in seeing what others do. Last weekend i mixed equal parts of chicken manure, mushroom compost and reg compost then mixed that 1 to 3 with my used soil. I took that mix and planted a bunch veggies. They all seem happy. I'll try it in my other garden next.
Just for reference my reused soil is roughly 60% sunshine #4 , 30% perlite and 10% mix of the manure compost + mushroom and castings.

Hey Resinfinger,

Hope all is well man, and thanks for stopping by. Is their any reasoning behind using the compost? Do the beneficials in there keep the pathogens from taking hold? I'll check out the link shortly. Peace!

To answer simply yes I do think it helps keeping pathogens at bay.

I've tried many diff mixes and quantities. For me it works well.

Over the last year I've added reg compost to my mix of castings. Chicken manure and mushroom compost. It seems to not make much of a diff other than it's cheaper and stretches the mix further. The mush compost is loaded with beneficials. I have 2 strains that I only water, no ferts and they thrive. Each take diff amounts of "super soil" added to the sunshine. It took awhile to dial in but it makes it low maintenance.
Pretty soon I'll toss my mix up with pics.

Update!: Week One

Hey Resinfinger,
Cool man. I would love to see a thread on the mix and pics.

So a quick update is in order. I sexed these under 18/6 after seeing some pre-flowers, but some of them weren't recognizable as male or female so I mistook two males for females and now only have four ladies. It may have been a blessing in disguise though as these girls are getting big and need all the room they can get! So it has been 8-9 days since flip with 1-2 days HPS. HPS doesn't lend itself nearly as well to pictures, but the girls are picking up in the flower department ;). Enjoy the weekend! Peace!

Attachments

• P3270099.jpg
    P3270099.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 22
  • P3270101.jpg
    P3270101.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 12
Hey Bob,

Gotcha! I guess I was thinking under the assumption that if I bought a bag of soil and it had pests within it, that would be probably be the last time I buy that particular brand ;). I'm curious, as these soiless mixtures and top quality soil substrates cost an arm and a leg, how do you go about working the soil to make it reusable?I know biobizz has some recommendations for reuse of their mixes, but I was curious to know what you do. Peace!

worm poop :D

Week Two in the Books!

Well everything is moving along and the ladies look to be pretty happy. I got some individual shots and a couple of group shots for you all, so I hope you enjoy. Peace!

Attachments

• P4020112.JPG
    P4020112.JPG
    863.4 KB · Views: 24
  • P4020113.JPG
    P4020113.JPG
    867.3 KB · Views: 16
  • P4020114.jpg
    P4020114.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 10
  • P4020119.jpg
    P4020119.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 6
  • P4020115.JPG
    P4020115.JPG
    817.7 KB · Views: 15
  • P4020120.JPG
    P4020120.JPG
    823.8 KB · Views: 18
  • P4020117.jpg
    P4020117.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 64
Sorry about those two individual shots! :rolleyes: Peace!

Attachments

• P4020114.jpg
    P4020114.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 12
  • P4020119.jpg
    P4020119.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 18
Week Three In The Books

Pics! So last night the girls were given their first high PK supplement, Bud Blood from AN. This morning I awoke to a wonderfully happy garden, and I am hoping this PK stuff really gets these flowers crankin'... before the supplement they were on a great pace... just hoping this puts em over the top ;)

By the way, my computer I use to upload the pics is on the fritz so it may be a little while before I'm able to post the group shots, but I did take some and they give a good overview of the garden. Hope all are well! Peace!

Oh yea, I was going to take a solo shot of the fourth girl, but she is too big now to fit in the camera...I'm sold on LST...when I take her out for an individual shot later on down the road you can see what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• P4080147.jpg
    P4080147.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 32
  • P4080148.jpg
    P4080148.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 31
  • P4080149.jpg
    P4080149.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
So, the laptop I use to upload the pics is completely down, and my PC doesn't have a slot for the memory card my camera holds. I will still be taking pics each week of flower and will upload them when I can, but it will likely be less frequent than before. This thread will not be abondoned! ;) Peace!

Hey Med Man,

Thanks bro they are coming along nicely. Wish I could upload some pics :(. They did get a little burnt by the AN Bud Blood..I used 1/2 teaspoon in 3 gallons whereas the full strength would have been 1 1/5 teaspoons... go figure... but I plan on giving em a bit of a flush and hopefully the spotting will cease...

Hey Bucket,

Thanks man, of course! Again, wish I had more for ya, but they will be uploaded eventually!

So week four has passed and these girls are already quite frosty...silver indeed ;). Smells are picking up, and the girls are putting on a little more weight... not so explosive yet but on a good pace. I have a feeling this stuff is going to be top shelf all the way and am really excited... and I have cuts stashed at a buddies that will be mother plants for us both, so I will be able to grow these girls out a couple times for the first time, and this is beyond exciting for me... never had the room to mother any plants...wish I had a time machine... "summer time and the livin is easy"... ;) Enjoy the weekend everyone! Peace!

Update: Week 7

So I got a smart phone and will now be able to upload pics again. Attached is a group shot at 50 days 12/12. Peace!

Attachments

• IMG-20110514-00004.jpg
    IMG-20110514-00004.jpg
    729.3 KB · Views: 80
Wow, looking great! 50 days of happiness right there. Cant wait to see the next 20+. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Guapo,

Thanks man! They have been pretty happy for the most part, but I'm a little bummed that the Bud Blood knocked us off pace for a great run, but it still looks like in the end I will have some great herb and a decent amount of it too. It seems out of the four girls there are two that are close enough in appearance to consider them a single pheno while the other two show characteristics that are phenotypically unique. All "three" of these phenos responded favorably to a 1/4 strength-1/2 strength Sensi 2 part feed alternating with pH'd plain water or pH'd water with supplements... I used AN MEST Grow and bloom, Bills perfect fertilizer, and Bud Candy and Nirvana from AN...with the AN supplements at 1/4 to half strength. One of the girls is yellowing while the others aren't, looking like she may be a little hungrier than her sisters, not surprisingly this girl showed the least harm endured from the Bud Blood. Temps and humidity have been a dream for the most part save maybe a week or two of high temps and low humidity. I can't wait to run these girls again, as they are backed up at a buddies. Thanks again for droppin' in. Peace!

8 Weeks Already!

So today the girls are 56 days into 12/12, and it looks like one of the girls is an 8-9 weeker while two of them look more like 9 weekers, and the final looks like a 10 weeker. I'm still kicking myself for the Bud Blood application...Oh well. I should be able to cut the earliest down here as soon as she dries out. So the girl in the back left (a) took well to LST and developed five main colas, she will be the latest to finish. The tallest in the back right corner (b) is the earliest finisher. The two in the front look like they will go a little over the 63 day mark. I'm going to feed the ten weeker one more time and then just giver her 1/2 strength bud candy and 1/2 strength nirvana to finish up. The other girls will get the bud candy/ nirvana applications from now on until finished. Peace!

Attachments

• IMG-20110519-00012.jpg
    IMG-20110519-00012.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG-20110519-00011.jpg
    IMG-20110519-00011.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20110519-00010.jpg
    IMG-20110519-00010.jpg
    855.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20110519-00008.jpg
    IMG-20110519-00008.jpg
    801.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG-20110519-00009.jpg
    IMG-20110519-00009.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Earliest Harvested!

Just finished trimming this girl...she went 59 days. Peace!

Attachments

• IMG-20110521-00013.jpg
    IMG-20110521-00013.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 173
Back