Lets get taboo! The fem question.

Would you want MNS to produce feminized seeds?

• Total voters
Here’s a thought
How about we have both?
🤔😉😎👍
Imagine a green house full of regular seedlings and half are males… 🙉
But hey we have fem back ups to replace the males and No Down Time!
Just a thought, especially when the fems are yielding upwards of 30%+ on a couple varieties.
That’s why.
MNS where everyone can be a champion growing legends. No shit!
Thank you SB
And Happy Birthday Buddy!
✌️🏴‍☠️

Just a thought, especially when the fems are yielding upwards of 30%+ on a couple varieties.

🏴‍☠️

where you found that totaly commercial bullshit

i have grow a lot of strain from many compagny the only fem i grow was freebeez but i grow some

sweet black angel strawberry blue tropimango nuttea haze blue dream .... ect

the yield were not big

the best in yield is mister nice so far comparated to the other compagny

this year i got 385gr of shit in one plant 395gr of nl5afg in one plant

when i grow strain from other compagny i never have this kind of yield

To be honest @axiom and @quinxstar I agree and disagree with both of you .
I really see the benefit axiom is talking about for commercial grows .
But I agree with quinxstar about the vigor and the yields.
Depends what your aiming for ☺️.
-SaveTheBrains

@axiom considering that selfing a plant is the most intensive form of inbreeding I would rather expect less yield from feminized seeds due to inbreeding depression. So unless you self a pheno that has an absolutely outstanding yield I would not expect higher yields with fems. But this is only theory...
What if you cross and not self ?make f1from fem polen of pure breeds, then vigor is there too.

The idea is when u self a plant you can predict alot better the outcome of their offsprings and put 100seeds and get 100females when you go regulars you will need at least 200seeds get 100females alot of more work to do .

Many famous strains come from femmpollen gg#4is accidentally produced from Herms

-Save the brains

where you found that totaly commercial bullshit
the best in yield is mister nice
@axiom considering that selfing a plant is the most intensive form of inbreeding I would rather expect less yield from feminized seeds due to inbreeding depression. So unless you self a pheno that has an absolutely outstanding yield I would not expect higher yields with fems. But this is only theory...
Maybe y’all remember this plant.
Mr Nice NL5HazeC x MasterKush
There will be others.
What other companies in the world produce pedigree female seeds and tell you the pedigree? None
Now many growers don’t really care so long as they get great results.
Well 👆👀 Great results.
Can’t wait to see what 2023 has to offer. It should be really photogenic and mouth watering and will definitely sway some hearts n minds…

1C90C66D-CE77-4E1D-A364-78639702E565.jpeg

Maybe y’all remember this plant.
Mr Nice NL5HazeC x MasterKush
There will be others.
What other companies in the world produce pedigree female seeds and tell you the pedigree? None
Now many growers don’t really care so long as they get great results.
Well 👆👀 Great results.
Can’t wait to see what 2023 has to offer. It should be really photogenic and mouth watering and will definitely sway some hearts n minds…

View attachment 70197
you say to us fem seeds do better plant in yeild of 30% and show us a pictures of NL5HZ X MKSK ?????????????????????

are you serious

What if you cross and not self ?make f1from fem polen of pure breeds, then vigor is there too.
Sure, that should work. And I agree, there are many good reasons to use feminized seeds. But even when doing feminized crosses I do not believe that they yield larger than regular F1s.

the best in yield is mister nice so far comparated to the other compagny
I agree. Made the same experience. But I also got some insane terpene profiles from other breeders fem seeds.

you say to us fem seeds do better plant in yeild of 30% and show us a pictures of NL5HZ X MKSK ?????????????????????

are you serious
Did I strike a nerve?
I said I will have a couple (thats 2) this season that should be 30% thc plus or minus 1%.
This plant NL5HZCMK is an example of what a well bred pedigree feminized seed can do and fyi, there is no skunk in it quinxstar.
The terpine profile is strawberry n cream Ice cream
The high is strong and very heady.
Still don’t understand the negative vibes in the 21st century.
20 years ago and I understand completely.
I felt the same way and still do grow many regulars every year.
Open minds lead to new adventures.
Closed minds leave you alone and in the dark.IMO
My Point to all this is you as members of this forum should consider yourselves lucky and fortunate to be able to just ask for what you want. It’s probably available.
So what do you want? 🤔
That was the very first question he asked me a couple decades ago. We’re all very lucky to have this forum to gather and question each other’s techniques and suggestions. We all fail more than we succeed, that’s how we learn.
Some of you have learned a few things today and should just run with it while you can.
I got seeds from Neville one time and it changed my life forever. There was no second time because his store was closed. 🤔
What do you want? Just ask…
Ok I think I’ll vacate and go to work.

Last edited:
Did I strike a nerve?
I said I will have a couple (thats 2) this season that should be 30% thc plus or minus 1%.
This plant NL5HZCMK is an example of what a well bred pedigree feminized seed can do and fyi, there is no skunk in it quinxstar.
The terpine profile is strawberry n cream Ice cream
The high is strong and very heady.
Still don’t understand the negative vibes in the 21st century.
20 years ago and I understand completely.
I felt the same way and still do grow many regulars every year.
Open minds lead to new adventures.
Closed minds leave you alone and in the dark.IMO
My Point to all this is you as members of this forum should consider yourselves lucky and fortunate to be able to just ask for what you want. It’s probably available.
So what do you want? 🤔
That was the very first question he asked me a couple decades ago. We’re all very lucky to have this forum to gather and question each other’s techniques and suggestions. We all fail more than we succeed, that’s how we learn.
Some of you have learned a few things today and should just run with it while you can.
I got seeds from Neville one time and it changed my life forever. There was no second time because his store was closed. 🤔
What do you want? Just ask…
Ok I think I’ll vacate and go to work.
you no answer to the question

30% of thc my ass

the master kush is a half skunk because only one parent are alive (or you use another one ?)

if tranny seed are better why are you here

do you have a study to proff that you say ? i am sure not because regular is always better than tranny seeds because you have a bigger genopole father and mother

go belive your bull shit man open mind in 21 century are you a woke i give it up

I have to tell I have growed some NL5HZ x MK with some exceptional results and quantities.
Then I made some fems myself, and the result was maybe 80% of the parent plant, even more visible when grown outdoors.

So from my belief, the vigour, size and more generous weights would still be carried in standart seeds more.

But that is just my belief, even tho tried. ;)

But I get the point, where fems are great.

For me it is like cloning, you want fems, you can always made some, it is easy to do and there is still selection in your hands.

Yes
I was referring to thc values.
Harvest weight is subjective to size of plant and style of grow.
Grow a three footer in the closet won’t be the same as a 10 footer under trellis netting in a gh.
Same plant, big difference.
Also if you know it is female, you can strecht her to sides from the begining.. filing the closet with just one plant.. For example ;)

I voted for yes, for a few reasons.

Those that don't want them, don't have to buy them.
Those that want them, should have the opportunity to buy them.

There are possibilities to make crosses with females that are not possible without bringing in a male pollen source to cross with one of the females first, then a male selection needs to be made to bring back to the second female. In this step, the secrets of the male come in to play.
So in some cases, it may be better not to introduce that variable.

The reason a lot of fem seed may be good quality, is because both plants used have been judged adequate based on actual evaluation of the buds they produce. But combining ability still comes into play no matter what plants you cross.

With males, you don't see the finished buds of that exact plant. Knowing quality and traits of the gene pool the male comes from helps, but doesn't show the individual you choose to use.

Fem seed is good for creating additional possibilities, that is it.

My most recent run of fem seed is a great example.
Cookies and cream x red pop, otherwise called Dreamsicle by exotic genetics.
Quality of the keeper? Acceptable.
How many seeds? 6
How many other plants were good quality? All of them.
How many hermaphrodites? 5 out of 6

So, fem seed is not a viable product for production, as selection still needs to take place.

I see that, the selfing and propagation of unstable plants. If it is a one shot deal and you are not into breeding I suppose it wouldn't matter. Smoke it up. On the seller side, I see the liability and the incessant phone calls.

mu

Yes
I was referring to thc values.
Harvest weight is subjective to size of plant and style of grow.
Grow a three footer in the closet won’t be the same as a 10 footer under trellis netting in a gh.
Same plant, big difference.
OK, my bad. Then forget what I said ✌

Hi All

Thought to answer a few things directly since reading this thread.
I think most of you may not remember but a company called Dinafem set up initially by feminizing Mr Nice regular strains. They became the largest seller of seeds in the world before being raided a few years back due to exporting without correct phytosanitary certificates and other such breaches, to the point they were closed and a huge amount of money and properties were sequestered by the Spanish authorities. They approached me to tell me this when the started and offered me royalties of which I denied and asked them only to write correct information in their catelogue so their growers would understand what they are really growing. To their credit they did do this in their intial catalogue and we remained friendly to the point when I created CBD crew project they joined and we initially made all their CBD seeds with us...so this is a true account of things from my side and one that many in the industry are well aware of.
So what are some reasons for not doing the Mrs Nice range of seed?
Firstly what I work on is really up to me from the start with a multitude of requests the last XX years it is important that I am happy with what I am doing so I do it well. While I understand many or most seed companies went forward on this strategy of no longer keeping males and just feminizing selected mothers, I still believe this occurrence in nature is the exception and not the norm, and I take my cues from Mother Nature not Man in these matters.
Secondly I keep open an ever growing option to hobby breeders or regular seed growers to select something special since 15% is towards the mother, 70% similar and 15% towards the father in a stable regular seed strain sold at MNS.
Thirdly if people wish to use female seeds from a select mother then why not make them yourself? It brings costs down and allows the normal person to produce a large amount of seed that they made and controlled, with a possibility for them to redo this. Breeding with males and females is a completely different set of rules and not everyone is versed in selecting a good male and testing progeny seed....so in reality making female seed is now not so difficult for the grower and therefore it is not out of the good growers realm of work any longer. Possibly the job is done better in house rather than by commercial seed producers who sell to seed companies who put names to things but no real origins are truly known in reality.
Fourthly using intersexed plants is really only useful if a male does not exist, and it can have a tendency to manifest intersexed plants depending upon the strain...and for years I spent most my breeding life reducing this possibility so it really does go against mainstream selective breeding principles which I still abide by as a general rule.
Lastly the concept of a good average is wonderful for many people, especially commercial producers, but it is not why I breed or grow. I am still always looking for that special plant to keep as a mother for consistency over time and to add new strains to an already well selected list of plants that exist. I have seen great female seed plants do not get me wrong, but in general they make good average flowers and it is not so enticing for me in the end. I also do not say everything in regular seeds will always be great, but finding something special and that is worthy to go on with, well I find this with regular seeds...not by manipulating chromosomes with chemicals.

I expect it may be construed I am a strong believer in plants being male or female, not anything else, and this is correct, I do. So while I do understand their is an application for all types of seeds , I chose to remain old school and a little old fashion in breeding after trying the most cutting edge technics possible. It is simply my own choice after decades of doing this business.
So please just see this as my response without getting into criticism of what others do. Hope that gives some insight into the why, where, who how questions that inevitably follow. All the best Sb

Thirdly if people wish to use female seeds from a select mother then why not make them yourself? It brings costs down and allows the normal person to produce a large amount of seed that they made and controlled, with a possibility for them to redo this.

....so in reality making female seed is now not so difficult for the grower and therefore it is not out of the good growers realm of work any longer. Possibly the job is done better in house rather than by commercial seed producers who sell to seed companies who put names to things

Well, this is it for me. I like the process of selecting males & females as a hobby breeder, but as a grower it is pragmatic for me to make fem seed from selected mothers based on my own preferences and situation.

Back