Lets get taboo! The fem question.

Would you want MNS to produce feminized seeds?

• Total voters

Hootigh

I know this is a taboo topic around here, but how would you feel if MNS were to start making fem seeds?

Would you be for or against it?

If you are for it, which strain would you want to see the feminized version of the most and why?

I myself, think it'd be awesome if MNS offered fem versions of the catalog. Being as most of us will never be in one of Shantibaba's grows to snag a cut, It seems like this would be the best way to get a representation of what he sees as the pinnacle or definition of the cross.

My choice would be G13xWidow

Being as i just ripped through a bunch of mango haze (through which Shanti cemented himself as the king of sativa in my mind) I think seeing his selection out of this indica leaning cross would be intriguing.

Also in the strain description "It may not be for everyone but those looking for a holy grail type of plant for their gardens should give this hybrid a try. It can be very rewarding to find that 1 in a 1000." What was that 1 in a 1000 that he found like?

I doubt he'd release it if it weren't epic.

Now that hemp plants (which are any vegativr cannabis plant having less than 0.3% despite what might be produced upon flowering) are 50 state legal, i’d be more interested in shanti selling clones….

Hey, so you think that fem seeds are closer to clones than regular seeds? Is that what you mean? If so I get what you are saying, but it’s not true. Even an s1 of a singular female is a sexual product and you get a random haploid selection from both parents and crossing over occurs.

There are many reasons to make fem seed, and some reasons to buy it preferentially, but it’s in no way superior.

Also Mr nice makes and sells lots of fem beans already, they aren’t just the focus of this forum.

I want to be clear by what I mean. Shanti is ‘the breeder of breeders.’ When the euro folks went fem, and regretted it, he recreated their males. When he has a medical need, aauthorized and legal, he makes the seeds. He bred every companies CBD line. Many companies sell outdoor seeds made in Spain, the rest (with few exceptions) pay shanti to make their seed.

I saw a ph# 1 877 7
And then the name of the company Mr nice … they had a ton of popular fem and auto beans.. pm me if you call them

usa ph#

also…

I voted “no” however

i would not buy fem beans when I could buy two packs of regular beans and have the same number of females and an equal number of males, but sometimes two elite females sure look nice together… I would absolutely buy Mr nice style offerings of Mr nice beans that had two female parents if a regular version was not available and it was choice. I would also buy masculinized beans (at a fair cost) of elite breeder males, if the situation warranted it. Haze AC x Haze C? Yes please! (no homo)

@shantibaba please consider offering haze c x haze ac either way

Last edited:
I like the practicality of Fem seeds alot and if they are produced correctly they are nice to have especially for average growers or if people want to isolated some traits and they dont want to go the long way .

As @dioecious said and I agree with him "Santi is the Breeder of the breeders he is behind almost everyone in this scene.

I would also love to have some masculinised beans this is something that im very interested on since males are the keepers for me in most of the cases a I will ask for G13 feminised and Masculinised thats my pick.

@shantibaba
please consider offering haze c x haze ac either way I agree but I would prefer mostly see the G13 im Masculinised seeds so I can work with it and try start crossing all my G13 seeds back to the original form :D 🙏

-SaveTheBrains

I would love to see the Nevilles Haze, Mango Haze and Super Silver Haze, or any other MNS strain being released as auto fem seeds for outdoors :love: Or even auto regular would be awesome.

Now that hemp plants (which are any vegativr cannabis plant having less than 0.3% despite what might be produced upon flowering) are 50 state legal, i’d be more interested in shanti selling clones….

Hey, so you think that fem seeds are closer to clones than regular seeds? Is that what you mean? If so I get what you are saying, but it’s not true. Even an s1 of a singular female is a sexual product and you get a random haploid selection from both parents and crossing over occurs.

There are many reasons to make fem seed, and some reasons to buy it preferentially, but it’s in no way superior.

Also Mr nice makes and sells lots of fem beans already, they aren’t just the focus of this forum.

Yes I would definitely say fem seeds are closer to the desired pheno than a normal cross.

Growing mns gear, you'll find phenos all over the place. That's why many say to pop the entire pack to find your keeper. Most Growing for their own personal use don't have the room for 18-20 plants just to find one maybe 2 that you deem worthy of multiple cycles. That's quite a bit of wasted space and electricity.

I've yet to grow a fem seed from a company worth their weight in salt that wasn't good. This isn't just coincidence.

The whole clone idea is ideal but incredibly unlikely. Dr greenthumb did acquire his G13 from Shanti at one point for a hefty sum I believe, but that's far beyond your average grower. Also the reviews that poured in on his release of the g13 fem mostly said the bud tasted like burnt rubber and didn't get them high. No denying though that the structure and look of the plant was remarkable, but most regretted the 150$ per bean price tag. To me, it looked more like a plant for a skilled breeder like Shanti to cross and bring the best of both worlds rather than a normal grower looking for a mom in their grow room. Hence the g13xww as my pick.

By no means am I saying to do away with regs. I'd even love to run regs of many strains Shanti has such as shark shock. If it leaned widow or skunk I wouldn't care as both are on my to do list. But when it comes to plants I regularly hear of people having to do quite a bit of selection to find a keeper, that deters me majorly (critical and g13 comes to mind).

BTW does anyone else remember insomniac with Dave Attell? I loved the episode where he went to Amsterdam and the first thing they threw at him in the coffee shop was Ak47. They told him "we all like to watch the Americans fall on their asses here".

"When Serious Seeds’ signature strain first hit the coffee shops in Amsterdam, it was so common for users to fall off of their bar stools mid-joint that people would jokingly remark that it looked like they’d been hit by an AK-47"

What was it about the AK that dropped rookies in such a manner? I used to love seeing people around me reaching for anything to hold themselves up when the head rush hit. What strain is similar in the mns catalog?

There certainly is a big market for fem seed.

I'm not opposed to MNS selling feminised seeds, or auto seeds - I can't see Shanti throwing away his reputation at this stage, so I reckon whatever he produces for sale has been tried, tested & approved 😀

I wouldn't be buying them though, it's too much fun selecting mothers for cloning.

What I am doing (partly because I'm getting older and partly because I have less workroom than years ago), is making S1/R1 seed from F1 selections of my own crosses - it's nice to be able to pop a few seeds with your workspace planned out ahead of the grow, and having confidence in the genetic legwork that Shanti has already put in. I like the variation of phenos you get working from seed too!

I think I'll put myself down as a no, just because of the phrasing. I wouldn't want MNS to produce fem seeds, but I'm not against the idea. It's just not for me.

I see them as a sideshow, not the main attraction!

Another thought, they are handy to have in the fridge alongside your regular breeding stock seed. If everything goes tits up and you lose your mothers, you can run your fem seeds while selecting new mothers from regular seeds.

Last edited:
I know this is a taboo topic around here, but how would you feel if MNS were to start making fem seeds?

Would you be for or against it?

If you are for it, which strain would you want to see the feminized version of the most and why?

I myself, think it'd be awesome if MNS offered fem versions of the catalog. Being as most of us will never be in one of Shantibaba's grows to snag a cut, It seems like this would be the best way to get a representation of what he sees as the pinnacle or definition of the cross.

Being as i just ripped through a bunch of mango haze (through which Shanti cemented himself as the king of sativa in my mind) I think seeing his selection out of this indica leaning cross would be intriguing.

Also in the strain description "It may not be for everyone but those looking for a holy grail type of plant for their gardens should give this hybrid a try. It can be very rewarding to find that 1 in a 1000." What was that 1 in a 1000 that he found like?

Tbh I refrained from voting as it is not as clear cut as yes or no in my opinion.
I would have to start by saying that I would grow fem seeds of any of shantis gear if he produced and selected the reversed plant an tested its offspring.
As far as him selling it here let me just say I would not be against it however it may be more beneficial if he starts a separate site for sales of the fem variety to keep this auction regular only imo. 😉

Damn this thread hurts. i wont even get to it it whould be like shooting a moskito with a bazooka.

View attachment 69313

If you mange to see others opinion and accept them as their are and you will be just fine :D you will stop hurting your self 🙏
Fem seeds are great for many people maybe not for you and some others .
Many people love them and they are practical and simple to use.
Regular seeds are not for everyone and not for all occasions.

-SaveTheBrains

My choices would be more than one of Fem versions :D.But one is ok the ORIGINAL White widow :alien:

I understand the importance of the regular seeds .Is the starting point but is not for everyone.

I personally like male plants mostly.

They bring always a challenge , always a secrete is well hidden in them, This secretes you may like or not. you need to try few recipes to find out what its is all about, what traits passes , that you like and what you dont like.
Is the long path.

Males are very very important this is my conclusions and this is also what I read and heard from the Master growers.

In the other hand Feminized seeds are very Valuable for many people around.

Everyone has different needs thats why also MNS sales some cbd fem seeds to.

Now to keep it fair and bit strict I would say No to fem seeds from the regular strain on the MNS list but YES to the other fems that Shanti makes for other breeders. :geek::love::alien:

-SaveTheBrains

Last edited:
if you plant is an auto isn't a haze

For sure. But it would be an auto with haze heritage, and that would be good enough for a lot of people out there (if you don't know what you are missing out on, are you really missing out?)
With widening legislation comes wider markets, and committed hobby breeders/growers are going to be in the minority there. Convenience is King! Even if the end result is a pale imitation of the original product (unfortunately).

The best we can hope for at this stage is that commercial producers are open and honest about the lineage of their seeds.

is this some kind of sneaky hidden agenda ?
On a market where 90% of seeds are fem/autos, you have the audacity to come in one of the last place on internet where you can find legit reg genetics and talk about supposed fem benefit ?

very shady here.
Oh shit you discovered our agenda 😂

Come one man Nothing is shady .We just share our views 🙏
Of course there are benefits in Fems . The first that created fem seeds was nature.

-SaveTheBrains all of them Fem and Regulars 🙏

Seems like yesterday that I discovered the fact that one could buy seeds that'll give great results (about 10 years ago, before that, I was growing the local awesome clone like everyone else in this part of Canada) . Of course I went to a seedbank then looked at the pretty pictures and strain names, and made my fem seed picks. Why do anything other than fem I asked myself. Great results, Amnesia Haze was my favorite and most everything else I tried gave a worthwhile buzz. That led to wanting to learn more about this cannabis craze which inevitably brought me to this place (I don't think I have to explain why). Today, the more I learn, the more I want regs because I feel it's important to save genetics, MNS strains in particular because they are the foundation of most of what is out there, and some landraces as well. It's becoming a personal mission, regs are required, essential. Trying many different strains at once because I want to try it all, now that I understand things generally, I feel the next step is to pheno hunt, use a whole pack of whatever I'm interested in . Eventually I'll experiment with making crosses to Fem seeds i reckon, probably even make my own, but at the moment I'm loving the lessons I'm learning with reg seeds :)

Back