bastards..

Status
Not open for further replies.
oof. Perhaps this makes sense to you musashi, to me it seems a slight bit harsh. I do hope she gets traded out of the gulag system.

9,5 years russian prison for carrying around a medically prescribed vape cartridge while playing as a professional athlete for russia and where that medical use was known. 9.5 years being a political pawn. Imagine that! Again our plant is used as a means of destruction.

Solzhenitsyn said:
Arrest! Need it be said that is is a breaking point in your life, a bolt of lightning which has scored a direct hit on you? That it is an unassimilable spiritual earthquake not every person can cope with, as a result of which people often slip into insanity?
The Universe has as many different centers as there are living beings in it. Each of us is a center of the Universe, and that Universe is shattered when they hiss at you: "you are under arrest."
If you are arrested, can anything else remain unshattered by the cataclysm?
But the darkened mind is incapable of embracing these displacements in our universe, and both the most sophisticated and the veriest simpleton among us, drawing on all life's experience, can gasp out only: "Me? What for?"
And this is a question which, though repeated millions and millions of times before, has yet to receive an answer.
Arrest is an instantaneous, shattering thrust, expulsion, somersault from one state into another.
We have been happily borne-or perhaps unhappily dragged our weary way-down the long and crooked streets of our lives, past all kinds of walls and fences made of rotting wood, rammed earth, brick, concrete, iron railings. We have never given a thought to what lies behind them. We have never tried to penetrate them with our vision or our understanding. But there is where the Gulag country begins, right next to us, two yards away from us. In addition, we have failed to notice an enormous number of closely fitted, well-disguised doors and gates in these fences. All those gates were prepared for us, every last one! And all of a sudden the fateful gate swings quickly open, and four white male hands, unaccustomed to physical labor but nonetheless strong and tenacious, grab us by the leg, arm, collar, cap, ear, and drag us in like a sack, and the gate behind us, the gate to our past life, is slammed shut once and for all.
Nothing is so stupid as to be inadmissible during a search! For example, they seized from the antiquarian Chetverukhin 'a certain number of pages of Tsarist decrees' - to wit, the decree on ending the war with Napoleon, on the formation of the Holy Alliance, and a proclamation of public prayers against cholera during the epidemic of 1830. From our greatest expert on Tibet, Vostrikov, they confiscated ancient Tibetan manuscripts of great value; and it took the pupils of the deceased scholar thirty years to wrest them from the KGB! When the Orientalist Nevsky was arrested, they grabbed Tangut manuscripts-and twenty-five years later the deceased victim was posthumously awarded a Lenin Prize for deciphering them......but there is a folk saying about the search which covers the subject: They are looking for something which was never put there. ...
For those left behind after the arrest there is the long tail end of a wrecked and devastated life. And the attempts to go and deliver food parcels. But from all the windows the answer comes in barking voices: "nobody here by that name!" "never heard of him!" Yes, and in the worst days in Leningrad it took five days of standing in crowded lines just to get to that window. And it may be only after half a year or a year that the arrested person responds at all. Or else the answer is tossed out: "Deprived of the right to correspond." And that means once and for all. "No right to correspondence"- and that almost for certain means: "Has been shot."

- solzhenitsyn, the gulag archipelago.

201606_FE_RUS_003-web.jpg

These are the doors of the world famous lubyanka prison in Moscow. Set ablaze by this badass. Pavlensky. Talk about protest.

пора легилизироваться!

They are still bastards. Destroying someone for transparent political reasons, using possession of a naturally occuring herb as the justification. Makes my blood boil.

Howard -Mr. Nice- Marks said:
yeah i know. I know. But so was I, so was I. I was brought over here again my will in chains..... Look, you know what im saying. Whoever we are, and however we got here. We all wanna get out. Look I've only just got into this system, but I have already worked out that there is only three ways out of here. 1, You pay a lawyer a few million dollars. Which none of us have - officially anyway... Try to go for the fence, give some united states lunatic some target practice. Or you write your way out. Look, most of us got more time than we deserve. I know that some of you shouldve never been convicted. I know the united states government lied and cheated about how much dope you did, so they could bang you up forever. I know blacks get hit harder than whites. I know. There is a lot of people out there that want to put a stop to this united states government racial harassment. A lot more people out there don't know what happens. Even the judges wouldn't believe what is going on. Now it is only judges and some other powerful individual that can change things. And i don't mean to be dissing you about anything either. But most of you couldn't even write a letter, that these guys can understand. And they are the only one that can get you out of this shit! T-bone don't tell me you are gonna lie down and take it that easy. Cos i ain't! I meant it when I said that i was brought over here in chains against my will. I was brought over here, not my ancestor! The united states drug enforcement administration came to our house in Europe, took me and my old lady, put us in chains, dragged us over here, leaving our three children without a mom or dad. T-bone... i hear them crying every night. T-bone, i hate your fucking goverment more than you ever could!

No doubt about it, jail for weed is messed up

Until recently, I always kept a buried stash in Maine, for when I'd cross the border. I don't know how to judge prison systems, but an American jail scares me as much as a Russian one. No chance I'd try to smuggle a gram over.

i think it's a political judgment when you look the law is totaly disproportionate

in russia :

"In the event of possession of "significant quantities", the following penalties may be imposed:

A fine of up to 40,000 rubles
An amount equivalent to three months salary/remuneration of the offender
Up to 480 hours of compulsory labor
Up to two years of rehabilitation through labor
Up to three years restriction or deprivation of liberty (imprisonment in most cases)
In the event of possession of “particularly large quantities”, the penalties imposed are more severe:

A fine of up to 500,000 rubles
An amount equivalent to three years salary/wages of the offender
And/or restriction or deprivation of liberty for three to ten years
If the individual gives"

She said the cartridges were packed by mistake, and she didnt know the cartridges were in her suitcase.
That would make it worse for sure. When I'd cross into the States from Canada, I'd even thoroughly clean the inside windows and car. I'd never witnessed it but the border guards supposedly would even swab the inside of cars.

If she did risk bringing them in intentionally, I wonder if she did it because she used it for enhancing her game

I dont think weed enhances your/her game. Im an avid runner, and have run 10 sub 7 hour 50 mile cross country ultra marathons, and have run a 2 hours 38 minute marathon. and atleast 20 sub 3 hours marathons.. I can tell you for sure my performance increases when I dont smoke weed for 2-3 months. My mile times are almost 1 minute per mile faster when I dont smoke. Ive also run a 4 minute 17 second mile, and often run up to 100 miles a week. Ive never found weed to enhance my athletic performance, and Ive run plenty of 10-20 milers stoned. But you quickly run the high off. Ive also found for me weed makes me less pain tolerant. I can endure alot more pain when Im not high. I was also 1985 Amature AAU powerlifting champ in Kentucky at 148lbs. Weed has much less of an affect for me lifting weights than it does running. Though like I said. for me it makes me not be able to tolerate as much pain, and then keep going when Im in alot of pain. I totaled 1350lbs, and my training partner Rick Coronet held the World Record in the Squat in 1987 at 242lbs in the USPF organization. He Squatted 810lbs.. I can tell you running marathons, and utras/50 milers is alot of pain for hours and hours and hours. Im older now, and dont run those distances anymore, but I still run plenty of 10-15 milers, and still lift weights 5 days a week. Ive also been smoking weed since 1967, and exercising on a high level since 1978, and most of the time I do have a buzz when training. But I always improve when I dont smoke for a few months, and the effects of not smoking are quickly noticable. Weed also makes me way less tolerant to extreme heat. At least for me, weed does nothing to make me run faster, or lift more weights.

Last edited:
a few things about russia.

1st) doping is state organized. This is a well known, wide-spread problem. In her case, she was taking cannabis as a pain killer due to professional injuries. Cannabis prescribed and known about in both russia and the us. Maybe she left them in her bag by accident, maybe not. I reject the validity and legitimacy of destroying someone for cannabis possession.

2nd) laws are deliberately construed in such a way, that it is simply impossible to be a law-abiding citizen. If the state wants you in prison, you will go to prison. Staying out of prison is a matter of a combination of luck, wide-spread corruption and being completely harmless to the state-authorities. Just to remind all of you, since 24th of February - the invasion of Ukraine - 16412 russians have been arrested for anti-war demonstrations or were sweeped up because they were too close to the demonstration*. Many of those have been arrested simply for holding up a sign, some have even been arrested for holding up an empty sign!

3rd) Russia has prisoners of their own who they want to get back, for whatever reasons. This girl is viewed as political currency. Nothing more than an abduction in attempt to free some less than morally pure people.

the moscow times said:
Who is Viktor Bout?

A 55-year-old arms trafficker, Bout is currently serving a 25-year sentence in a prison in Illinois. Often dubbed the "Merchant of Death" for being one of the world’s most notorious arms smugglers, he is believed to have aided both rebels and internationally recognized governments in an array of conflict zones, including in Afghanistan, Yemen and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Bout was arrested in 2008 in Thailand as part of an operation carried out jointly by the Thai police, the U.S. and Interpol. He was extradited to the U.S. two years later and convicted of conspiring to kill Americans, supplying anti-aircraft missiles and aiding a terrorist organization.

Why does Bout matter to Russia?

Russian authorities tried to block Bout’s 2010 extradition to the U.S., according to U.S. Embassy cables published by WikiLeaks.

“He clearly was very important. And it's my understanding that President [Vladimir] Putin himself was involved in trying to get him home,” retired U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency official Rob Zachariasiewicz told ABC News last week.

There has been much speculation about Bout’s links to Russia’s intelligence services, though this has never been proven.
4th) Russian prison is absolute hell on earth and you should not forget that fsb agents or police agents are not above torture, false testimonies and placement of any narcotics if it so suits them.

Maybe some of you who think she shouldnt have done the crime if she can't do the time, are right. Me personally, i find that sentence absolutely sickening. Especially to see this kind of disgusting brand of victim blaming and narrow-minded conformism over the backs of those who can't defend themselves on the forum created by howard marks and neville schoenmaker, who have both been on the receiving end of this state violence. It is a sad day, when cannabis related convictees can count on more sympathy from the us government than from the users of this forum!

howard mr nice marks said:
well thats good to know, init. good to know why we can't smoke dope. But what do we do about it? What do we do about that being the reason we can't smoke dope. See i think the only way of dealing with it, is something i have learned in prison is suppose - is stop taking it all so seriously! allright? All you fucking dope-smokers out there... Stop taking yourselves so fucking seriously! Do you really thinks it matters in the grand scheme of things, right? The grand scheme of the universe... that we pay fortunes for stuff that doesn't even get us stoned.. Does it matter?
Does it matter that some of us are banged up in prison and lose our freedom for years? Who gives a fuck? Does it matter? DOES IT MATTER IF OUR KIDS ARE EXPELLED FROM SCHOOLS, have their careers wrecked and their lives ruined? Does it fucking matter... Does it fucking matter if those suffering from multiple sclerosis and other ailments are denied the therapeutic benefits of a naturally occurring herb? Does it fucking matter? allright, there is a downside. I accept that. There is a downside. But you have to balance that downside to be fair for fairplay. You have to balance that downside against our most honourable of motivations in making hashish illegal in the first place. To reduce the Egyptian insanity rate! .... Now being a bit of a perverse fucker, allright. I researched the Egyptian insanity rate. Found out that since 1928 the egyptian insanity rate has absolutely skyrocketed. Didn't work there, won't work here. won't work anywhere.

since russians get arrested for even looking like they might be demonstrating. protest has evolved a little bit. This sign says "Don't be silent. "
277359624_1335101617007562_1166540705685129194_n.jpg

*https://ovdinfo.org/

@59lespaul, there are different ways of performance enhancing. I remember when it was common for downhill ski racers to take a shot of alcohol before going down, I think the logic was that it would inhibit fear. I know some folks who are used to microdosing cannabis for work, certain sports, and become superstitious about doing those activities without. That's what I meant, more of a mental thing

@sneakyfeck , you're absolutely right, nasty sentencing over there in Russia. There are also countries that will cut off limbs for theft, very effective at keeping crime down I bet. But yeah, citizens should definitely rally against shitty policies within their countries, very difficult to protest against laws where they aren't citizens.

Last edited:
@Deach69 Honestly, i'm not sure if they should. Lest they be shot, or worse destroyed in the Gulag. But a tiny bit of safe, online moral outrage i think - is the bare minimum of what we should muster. I mean... Nevil was broken out of prison. And im not saying that us personally should do the same for her. i mean... Me for example, i am simply to dank right now, and i still need to do the laundry later. But i think we could at least show some sympathy, or at the very very least, not blame the victim who is going through enough shit at the moment.

a few things about russia.

1st) doping is state organized. This is a well known, wide-spread problem. In her case, she was taking cannabis as a pain killer due to professional injuries. Cannabis prescribed and known about in both russia and the us. Maybe she left them in her bag by accident, maybe not. I reject the validity and legitimacy of destroying someone for cannabis possession.

2nd) laws are deliberately construed in such a way, that it is simply impossible to be a law-abiding citizen. If the state wants you in prison, you will go to prison. Staying out of prison is a matter of a combination of luck, wide-spread corruption and being completely harmless to the state-authorities. Just to remind all of you, since 24th of February - the invasion of Ukraine - 16412 russians have been arrested for anti-war demonstrations or were sweeped up because they were too close to the demonstration*. Many of those have been arrested simply for holding up a sign, some have even been arrested for holding up an empty sign!

3rd) Russia has prisoners of their own who they want to get back, for whatever reasons. This girl is viewed as political currency. Nothing more than an abduction in attempt to free some less than morally pure people.

4th) Russian prison is absolute hell on earth and you should not forget that fsb agents or police agents are not above torture, false testimonies and placement of any narcotics if it so suits them.

Maybe some of you who think she shouldnt have done the crime if she can't do the time, are right. Me personally, i find that sentence absolutely sickening. Especially to see this kind of disgusting brand of victim blaming and narrow-minded conformism over the backs of those who can't defend themselves on the forum created by howard marks and neville schoenmaker, who have both been on the receiving end of this state violence. It is a sad day, when cannabis related convictees can count on more sympathy from the us government than from the users of this forum!

since russians get arrested for even looking like they might be demonstrating. protest has evolved a little bit. This sign says "Don't be silent. "
277359624_1335101617007562_1166540705685129194_n.jpg

I spent 7 years in Federal Prison for marijuana cultivation ( 1200 clones inside ) and 5 years supervised release, a 3- 5 Million Dollar Fine which was waived. I spent from 1997-2009 in the clutches of the feds. Mandatory Minimum 10-Life I pled guilty to. I gave my partner 1000 cones to put on his farm 150 miles away, and he got busted 3 days later, and the feds/FBI got him to rat me out, and they came to a rented house he had rented in his name that I was occupying, and found about 700 more. I got charged for manufacturing all of them, and he got no jail time. In 1989 I got 15 months felony conviction for 7 grams of weed. This was all in Kentucky. Come to Kentucky on Vacation, and leave on Probation.

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time" is general advice, doesn't mean we don't sympathize. We all feel for her I'm sure. There must be many like her in jail in Russia, but she's in the news because of her fame. There are people in similar circumstances like her all over the world.

I spent 7 years in Federal Prison for marijuana cultivation ( 1200 clones inside ) and 5 years supervised release, a 3- 5 Million Dollar Fine which was waived. I spent from 1997-2009 in the clutches of the feds. Mandatory Minimum 10-Life I pled guilty to. I gave my partner 1000 cones to put on his farm 150 miles away, and he got busted 3 days later, and the feds/FBI got him to rat me out, and they came to a rented house he had rented in his name that I was occupying, and found about 700 more. I got charged for manufacturing all of them, and he got no jail time. In 1989 I got 15 months felony conviction for 7 grams of weed. This was all in Kentucky. Come to Kentucky on Vacation, and leave on Probation.
Damn dude. That sucks so much man. Thank you for sharing some of your story. I wouldn't mind hearing some more of your experiences in the claws of the security organs. state violence shouldn't be shrugged at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back