MNS's most underrated strain

sundogs the man to speak about spice, his post above yours is encouraging..
early skunk Outdoors only.. not biggest yielder, little over pound plants where im at.. Not strongest smokes, cruise out type smoke, do shit, high more than stoned, happy easy. Good for smokers who smoke a lot, no matter the bud available.. Skunk smells, Some berries, nothing overly disgusting. Covered in trichs, Colours,flowers fat yet not to dense nor airy, looks smells like good mull.

Maybe critical haze . I am going through a grow of them now with 5 females . 3have strong different Terps. The other 2 smell great as well however not as strong as yet. Easy to grow and not too picky with nutes even though I have one pheno which needed a little extra N early in flower .

Thanks Growstone, that's some good feedback on the Early Skunk - it sounds like just the trick for my friend. He's had good success with Early Queen in his location but it sounds like he should give the E.S. a try too, Thanks for the nudge on Sundog's post - I had skim read and missed the part on Spice.

Maybe critical haze . I am going through a grow of them now with 5 females . 3have strong different Terps. The other 2 smell great as well however not as strong as yet. Easy to grow and not too picky with nutes even though I have one pheno which needed a little extra N early in flower .
I saw your thread on Critical Haze IG - they are looking good wit more sativa influence than I would have guessed. Good luck with finishing them off!

Outdoors I like to sprout a few different strains, no selections, just total random. 2 years ago I popped a bunch and threw in some Spice beans too and one turned out to be the dark horse if that season and blew everyone away.
Hey Sundog, thanks for posting. I'm very curious to know a bit more about that dark horse Spice. What were the other plants you were comparing against in the grow? What was it about the Spice that blew everyone away? How did the other Spice plants compare to the dark horse you had?

...The Master Kush collection sounds interesting. I already plan on getting the Stones - is there a pressing reason I should look at MK x SK or Master Kaze as well?...

Old school indie is Master Kush Skunk. Flavors and smells transport one back in time. Uncomplicated, an example of straight up indie without too much poly-hybridization. The 25% haze in Master Kaze adds a certain sparkle, setting the MK off in a good way. The phenotypes are mostly indies with the haze types being very satisfying. The Stones has 50% haze and is a different animal. Most all have old world smells and tastes of coffee and rich earth on hardy stems and branches. This is great after-work stuff, ironing out the knots of the day without immediately turning the light switch off!

🤙
Mu

While Shit may seem like a sleeper, it is not. It is continually in demand as is the Nordle, Super Silver Haze and Mango. Such an easy grow with decent yields; even with the higher auction prices these days, Shit is still a bargain and worthy of your time.

🤙
Mu

The Stones has 50% haze and is a different animal.
I have 8 F2 in my tent.... Unsexed....will try to document my grow to share some inputs as I feel this strains is making a comeback these days.....just put the timer on 12/12 this morning so not much to show for the moment but already smell deliciously master kushy.

And yes find me a pack of seeds with a better quality/price ratio than MNS shit and I buy you a white blackbird...... It just doesn't exist!

Thanks for the rundown on the Master Kush family @musashi - it's always good to hear from someone who has grown out the strains being compared. That gives me some good insight = The Stones seems most appealing but I may give the others a try based on my experience with them. Out of interest, what is your favourite in the rock'n'roll series? Have you grown them all?

And yes find me a pack of seeds with a better quality/price ratio than MNS shit and I buy you a white blackbird...... It just doesn't exist!

That's a pretty strong recommendation right there. Thanks Tom, I already have some Shit on the way based on recommendation from @shantibaba for dry sift (among others).

Hey Sundog, thanks for posting. I'm very curious to know a bit more about that dark horse Spice. What were the other plants you were comparing against in the grow? What was it about the Spice that blew everyone away? How did the other Spice plants compare to the dark horse you had?
Hi Mark.
It's been a while since then and have grown a shit load of other strains since. The only other strains I remember from that season is Medicine Man & CBD Nordle. She had a beautiful lemony scent and was the most potent plant grown that season. The CBD Nordle also very very nice.

*bump*- an interesting thread. mu

With everything that's been going on in this crazy world lately, I've decided to start doing a bit of prepping to make sure I have a good stock with me should the worst things happen. It just occurred to me that it would be good to ask the question to the forum on what they think is MNS's most underrated strain. I'm particularly interested in what varieties @shantibaba considers to be the ones that don't move anywhere near as much as he expected they should. Aside from my personal reasons, I reckon it's a good way to get some love for some of the low sellers and make sure none of the hidden gems end up getting dropped from the range because they're not selling.

If you have more than one to offer up, please do. Tell us what makes it a good plant in your eyes and why you think it's not as popular as it should be. Give us some detail rather than throwaway comments.

Currently, this is the 3rd in the R&R series I have grown. The Stones was a logical choice in pursuit of all things MKush. The Kaze with the haze pumped it up and the AC hybrids have been awesome in many ways. Besides if my braddah @Tom bolenate sez it's killer, I believe him 🤟.
The Stones Here's 8 of the 12 going on 6 wks. All over 4 ft now.
stones group 3_21.jpg

🤙mu

I have The Stones and it's on my list to grow. Quoting Shanti himself "one of the sleeping giants in my opinion is The Stones strain we made some years ago...". Tom's opinion carry's weight with me too.

I've got the grower's curse though - not enough space! I need to be growing in fields. My dilemma at the moment is deciding between Holy Grail, Holy Smoke and The Stones...and I didn't get to give the dry sift thing a proper shot either so I have Shit and Nordle on my shortlist for that and they're being considered at the moment too. I've bought some sleepers to go through down the track though. I'm growing my own for the first time in nearly 2 years and one of them is a somewhat treasured cut that I've got back after sharing it out so I'm grateful for that at the moment

The Stones definitely qualifies as a sleeper in the range and I'm looking forward to hearing your reports after a cure. Combining the effects of MK with Haze certainly sounds appealing on paper. Your plants are looking beautiful as usual.

And after trying that powerful Northern Widow (NL5/Hz x Widow) which completely erased my memory and left me by the side of the road lol, I am eager to discover the G13/Widow. Those Widow crosses are potent IMJ and are usually cheaper than buying BW itself. Surprised no one snagged that Widow pack the other day.

🤙mu

I am not underrating any strain. Ever since I grew Shit I sticked with MNS. ^^

NHM will be the biggest yielder here, ever (indoor). I am really guessing she (one plant, from seed) will go over 100g. We’ll see. She is dwarfed. I never take clones as I am always on to the next thing, exploring our galaxy :D, but from her I took several clones and hope to keep her for life. Never seen anything like it. I watch her for hours. Somehow she stressed and start making 3 finger leaves, but got clones from the lower branches too that are not affected by this. Buds are in great shape, I forsee foxtailing, and truly hope for it. So I will most definitly procede in mastering this strain. Hopefully whole my life.
She is precious.

One love people, in synch.

she stressed and start making 3 finger leaves, but got clones from the lower branches too that are not affected by this.

I've noticed this a few times lately so people must think it's a real thing but I am quite certain that three-fingered leaves aren't really a stress response. It's the genetics of that plant and how it responds to specific environmental conditions. I've seen LOTS of very healthy plants have three, or even ONE, leaflet and be completely healthy. In my experience, I've seen it in plants with Indian subcontinent and Mexican plants most often, but I think it can arise in almost any line, especially those with more Sativa in their background.

Good growing 🤠

Back