What's a good book you couldn't put down?

Ouspensky is someone I have not been introduced to yet.
Books about Tarot are always interesting to me. Thanks mu.

Ouspensky is an essential when trying to understand the Tarot IMO, Paul Foster Case is my favorite though. The Tarot is actually considered to be a book by many, it even has an ISBN.

Those were good and I like Brian Greene's books too, made it so I could understand it.

🤙mu
Yeah, that's what I love about how Gary Zukav writes, he explains it well for the layman. I knew many who said they read and understood A brief History in Time (I call bullshit in retrospect), but it was way over my head. I'll definitely look Brian Greens stuff. The implications of Quantum Physics are awesome, by definition

1634788931656.png

"An epic novel of the violence and depravity that attended America's westward expansion, Blood Meridian brilliantly subverts the conventions of the Western novel and the mythology of the wild west."

Last edited:
So far I have ordered four books from people's recommendations here and if I had more money I would have ordered more! Brilliant!!

Ok, last one for a while but a modern classic when many of us thought they were not writing them anymore.

View attachment 55207

"An epic novel of the violence and depravity that attended America's westward expansion, Blood Meridian brilliantly subverts the conventions of the Western novel and the mythology of the wild west."
One of my favorite books. Thanks.

View attachment 55206

In the 1880s, as the European powers were carving up Africa, King Leopold II of Belgium seized for himself the vast and mostly unexplored territory surrounding the Congo River. Carrying out a genocidal plundering of the Congo, he looted its rubber, brutalized its people, and ultimately slashed its population by ten million—all the while shrewdly cultivating his reputation as a great humanitarian. Heroic efforts to expose these crimes eventually led to the first great human rights movement of the twentieth century, in which everyone from Mark Twain to the Archbishop of Canterbury participated. King Leopold's Ghost is the haunting account of a megalomaniac of monstrous proportions, a man as cunning, charming, and cruel as any of the great Shakespearean villains. It is also the deeply moving portrait of those who fought Leopold: a brave handful of missionaries, travelers, and young idealists who went to Africa for work or adventure and unexpectedly found themselves witnesses to a holocaust. Adam Hochschild brings this largely untold story alive with the wit and skill of a Barbara Tuchman. Like her, he knows that history often provides a far richer cast of characters than any novelist could invent. Chief among them is Edmund Morel, a young British shipping agent who went on to lead the international crusade against Leopold. Another hero of this tale, the Irish patriot Roger Casement, ended his life on a London gallows. Two courageous black Americans, George Washington Williams and William Sheppard, risked much to bring evidence of the Congo atrocities to the outside world. Sailing into the middle of the story was a young Congo River steamboat officer named Joseph Conrad. And looming above them all, the duplicitous billionaire King Leopold II. With great power and compassion, King Leopold's Ghost will brand the tragedy of the Congo—too long forgotten—onto the conscience of the West.
Even till this day, children are working in dangerous mines for our batteries. Cobalt is the new rubber.

While some info is dated, I was able to tease out some pieces to my benefit. It is not a complete in-depth, definitive textbook; he jumps around a bit but he does give broadstrokes on breeding, marketing, etc.

In evolutions and mutations:
"Over the years I have seen breeders produce pictures of plants that are high yielding monsters. The breeder introduces the strain to the market by advertising with pictures all over the place. Then they set about getting their friends to pretend that they have obtained these genetics and have grown them out for themselves with great results. The market takes notice and growers put up their dollars for this latest great strain. Then the growers find out the truth after wasting bulb life, electricity, nutrients, grow space and a lot of precious grow time."

It has happened to me, has it happened to you?

🤙mu

Here is a good one for all of you quasi-religious types around here that are constantly bombarding us with your faith in a fairytale.

My faith lies in the magic of reality and the knowledge that I do not have to have faith in a higher being or any other cop out like that.

Especially good read for admins of webpages.

1636317595284.png

Back