Tell us the story about the first flowers you ever grew and anything else you want to get off your chest. I'll start.

crazyhorse73

The first plant I grew was in the late 1980's. It was bagseed, unknown origins. I dug a hole put in composted straw and chicken shit, and wood ashes. In southern Victoria Australia this plant was still going May 20. It was grown on the wrong side of the hill and only got a few hours of sunshine every day. Very small and delicately branched. Easy trimmer, sparseley leafed. Just a beautiful plant. Well-spaced, small marble size buds that were incredibly sticky, almost pointless using scissors, one of those ones where you are trying to pack a bowl but it keeps coming back out on the ends of your fingers, you almost have to wipe it off into the bowl. Lime green when growing but turning darker when it matured. Purple when dried. It suffered bad wilting quite a few times. I cut it at the date mentioned, let it hang. No cure just three weeks hanging in a shed. Anyone that smoked it who didn't have a tolerance turned into a mummy. Literally for three or four hours. One bong rip. Drool coming from their mouths etc. Not a word out of them. Admittedly the bong had a trumpet mouthpiece for a cone and was a peanut butter jar with a bamboo mouthpiece (a classic in all respects). But for those with a tolerance it was like a beautiful dark thick lung expanding berry hit of flavour that just shifted you into the most wonderful high. Real red eye but it made me see the funny side of everything and made you feel, well, centered is probably the best word. Happy within yourself. Big old grin. The cares of the world just falling away and so incredibly strong. Been searching for it ever since. Narcotic in strength. Could definitely be used for kicking serious drug habits kind of strong.

Last edited:
I was a heavy stoner in my teenage years and early 20's. Then I got addicted to a lot of stuff (polytoxicomaniac was the diagnosis), went through a rehab program and got my life on track again. I quit smoking for a few years but +/- 6 years ago I felt like having a smoke again once in a while. The price per g was (and still is tbh) ridiculously high over here (+/- 25€/30$) and I'm against paying these ridiculously high prices.

One of our holidays (which we're currently celebrating) is a particularly joyous holiday so I went out of my way and bought 1g of Alaska by Tikun Olam on the black market. That stuff was out of this world, a real one-hit-wonder. I took a hit and started cleaning for 3 hours straight and here and there got into an almost paranoid state of mind. I didn't have such an experience since my old "glorious" speed days lol
But that 1g of Alaska had a seed in it. I kept the seed for a few months, it was a female so grew it out during the outdoor season. A friend gave me some other bagseed seeds and I ended up with 3 females on my balcony. I used real local soil and mixed it 50/50 with potting soil. Our local soil is volcanic soil and a 50/50 ratio was too little for the plants, even after mixing it with potting soil. Those 3 plants provided me a nice stash of 60g dried flower which got me through the year. The year after I bought seeds online and grew some Killing Fields (Sannie), NL5 x Haze (Sensi) and Durban Poison (Sensi). A bit after I started buying autoflower seeds so I could continue growing outdoors most of the year. And now... gonna focus on the MNS old and new skool giants. It's been an amazing few years ever since I started growing and it's inspiring that I can continue learning for the rest of my life. The quality and yields of my plants have grown drastically by applying tips and tricks from fellow growers. I want my girls under the sun as much as possible as nothing compares to bud grown under the sun.

My first succesful grow was when I gave up and placed a germed seed into the solid ground and let nature do her thing. (Little protection till matured plant) Black Jack outdoor yielded me over 450 gram from one plant and everyone that smoked it was sh.tfaced for hours. It was planted right next to a crop field of corn, so maybe it got nutrients from there. From that moment on I always grew my own everytime I could. I prefer outdoor and hope one day to have a garden with a greenhouse.

I was a heavy stoner in my teenage years and early 20's. Then I got addicted to a lot of stuff (polytoxicomaniac was the diagnosis), went through a rehab program and got my life on track again. I quit smoking for a few years but +/- 6 years ago I felt like having a smoke again once in a while. The price per g was (and still is tbh) ridiculously high over here (+/- 25€/30$) and I'm against paying these ridiculously high prices.

One of our holidays (which we're currently celebrating) is a particularly joyous holiday so I went out of my way and bought 1g of Alaska by Tikun Olam on the black market. That stuff was out of this world, a real one-hit-wonder. I took a hit and started cleaning for 3 hours straight and here and there got into an almost paranoid state of mind. I didn't have such an experience since my old "glorious" speed days lol
But that 1g of Alaska had a seed in it. I kept the seed for a few months, it was a female so grew it out during the outdoor season. A friend gave me some other bagseed seeds and I ended up with 3 females on my balcony. I used real local soil and mixed it 50/50 with potting soil. Our local soil is volcanic soil and a 50/50 ratio was too little for the plants, even after mixing it with potting soil. Those 3 plants provided me a nice stash of 60g dried flower which got me through the year. The year after I bought seeds online and grew some Killing Fields (Sannie), NL5 x Haze (Sensi) and Durban Poison (Sensi). A bit after I started buying autoflower seeds so I could continue growing outdoors most of the year. And now... gonna focus on the MNS old and new skool giants. It's been an amazing few years ever since I started growing and it's inspiring that I can continue learning for the rest of my life. The quality and yields of my plants have grown drastically by applying tips and tricks from fellow growers. I want my girls under the sun as much as possible as nothing compares to bud grown under the sun.
True High-mish. I have had those problems in my past as well. It became whatever I could get my hands on and then I knew it was time to get clean. Pot helped me through those times and continues to provide inspiration and creativity in my life. Like Shanti says, smoking weed makes him a better, happier person. So in light of that, I'm gonna spark one.

My first succesful grow was when I gave up and placed a germed seed into the solid ground and let nature do her thing. (Little protection till matured plant) Black Jack outdoor yielded me over 450 gram from one plant and everyone that smoked it was sh.tfaced for hours. It was planted right next to a crop field of corn, so maybe it got nutrients from there. From that moment on I always grew my own everytime I could. I prefer outdoor and hope one day to have a garden with a greenhouse.
Yeah. A greenhouse would be ideal. A friend of mine once grew a super skunk or something like that in a greenhouse. My god. The size of the buds and the smell. Just obscenely dank. Thicker than your forearm.......I'd say if you were planting in soil they were growing corn in then you were probably growing in good soil already. Corn likes a fertile soil. Thanks for sharing Cannalicious. It's always good to swap tales and share experiences.

Last edited:
I was trying out an outdoor patch this summer. Way too hot even for my hay to grow well, no real rain all summer. I put in a small patch about a dozen plants. I apparently over watered them to the point that the only raspberry and blueberry plants on the property grew there too. A couple weeks ago my dogs and i walked out there just before sunrise. We startled a great big black bear sleeping in my patch. The scene played out like a comedy movie. Dogs went chasing, bear went running and green materials went flying.

I was trying out an outdoor patch this summer. Way too hot even for my hay to grow well, no real rain all summer. I put in a small patch about a dozen plants. I apparently over watered them to the point that the only raspberry and blueberry plants on the property grew there too. A couple weeks ago my dogs and i walked out there just before sunrise. We startled a great big black bear sleeping in my patch. The scene played out like a comedy movie. Dogs went chasing, bear went running and green materials went flying.
Hahahaha Smokey the Bear.

Back