Northern Widow- NL5/Hz x Widow

Aloha everyone!

What a difference a day makes. The leaf spread looks like the roots are enjoying themselves. I'm hoping for at least 5 females to work with. After I give these new lights a go, I'll be more confident in terms of how many to populate the room with in the future. Their strong growth is a given for MNS genetics. Side by side, they really did make the Mohan's look kind of weak so good to do separate evals. These Northern Widow are going to be monsters!

NW seedlings 8_9.jpg
Northern Widow Aug 8

NW seedlings 8_11.jpg
Northern Widow Aug 11

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone!

Born into the world- you are here to witness the first ever sighting.
Shanti has given a name to his new child. Behold the Northern Widow (NL5/Hz x Widow)!

View attachment 52746
Presoaked in kelp water, than put in damp, microbe-enriched soil- 9/10 so far. Super excited about this bc, as you know, these seeds are made from two of the most important strains in Cannadom! With new LED lights and a refurbished room boasting another foot of headroom, did I say I was excited?

Well you got to let your soul shine 🎶

🤙Mu
Love the name 😍 even more excited to follow this grow!

Aloha everyone!

This will be the last time I compare between the two. Going on 3 weeks now, it's just that I am astounded at the growth and vigor of the Northern Widow. As mentioned, I had plans to cross the NW with the Mohan Ram. I am re-thinking that. Now I'm off on another tangent to cross an NW male with a La Nina. In the meantime, I got a feeling SB has a winner here. Crossing NL/Hz with Widow, how could he not?

Mohan top tray, NW bottom tray
seedlings 8_17.jpg

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone!

How time flies, goin on 3 weeks since I last dropped some pics. So I finally did get around to up-potting these as well as the Mohan Rams. Everything was also neemed up at this time as one of the HS clones next to them had a small mite community moving in. They were dealt with harshly, the bastards! Too much crap in the spare br to get decent air flow. While I was at it, I decided to re-do the grow room- new tarps on the floor, re-routed the exhaust and generally freed up a lot of space. With 3 lights now in a 9x9, I can turn on/off and dim seperately, I am excited to get a full grow out of them. Fingers crossed that they will give me a product at least as good as my trusty 600 HID's did. Smokin Doors this morn please excuse my yakking. So, here they are in their new digs, under new lights in larger containers on the next leg of the journey towards puberty.

newdigs 9_6.jpg

North_Widow 9_6.jpg

When you think about it, it is a marriage of two of the best creations, the Nev N5Hz and SB's Widow. I know she will be fantastic!

🤙Mu

musashi said: " When you think about it, it is a marriage of two of the best creations, the Nev N5Hz and SB's Widow. I know she will be fantastic!"

This one is going to be very interesting. I wish I could skip ahead to the end of the story! Which will be awhile as the story doesn't end until a few months of curing! Good Luck and I hope the new lights work out better than your trusty HID's! ;)

Longball

Aloha everyone!

They got their first real food today. So far, they have grown horizontally, finding new root space in their larger pots. This shot on NPK ought to get them going in the other direction. 5th node going on 6th, perhaps 3 phenos in this batch. Currently measuring at 14" from bottom of pot. Alert*** found single mite and several eggs on one of the NW's. Passed on from the clones I brought from outside no doubt. They will be sprayed again tomorrow. The yellow tagged ones in the back are the Mohan Ram.

nw 9_9.jpg

mu

Aloha everyone,

It's been almost a week, they've added another 2". Everyone is rowing in sync now and I'm twiddling my thumbs (smoking da hash hehe) until I can sex them and put them in bigger pots. I'll let them get another 5" or so before all that happens. They were again prophylactically sprayed yesterday. Dropping off their cotyledons, they are adding biomass quickly now. Good things come from small packages they say and I am ever so hopeful.

nwidow 9_15.jpg

mu

Aloha everyone!

If my eyes are not deceiving me, I believe I am seeing 3 distinct structures here. The taller ones in the back have thinner leaves (T+T), the ones to the left are medium height, with wider leaves (M+W), and the 3 on the right are medium height, wider leaves, leafier (M+L)
nw grp 1_2_3 9_17.jpg

The biggest difference is between the (TT) and the (ML). One would think that they are different plants altogether.
nw grp 1&3 9_17.jpg

The (ML) now to the right side and these (MW) are in front of the (TT). Still a difference between the two. Nice to see the blend.
nw grp 1&2 9_17.jpg

Within this triad of plants, it would be nice to get a male out of each group and impregnate within that group just for the hell of it. So please God, give me 6 females and 3 males. I know I prattled on earlier in my Mohan Ram thread about introducing an Northern Widow male to them; you know I was pullin your leg right? Nope, don't want any problems using feminized plants. No, this special pollen if gathered would be reserved for my own 4-way. I would keep it within the MNS family of regular seeds.
So yeah, they were a bit off the other day, damn pH meter going haywire again. Gave em a microbe tea last night and they're happily prayin this morning!

mu

Aloha everyone!

...Young girls they know what they're after
Young girls don't kiss me goodbye... D. Bowie

Still on 18/6 and the girls can't wait to go into town. 3/9 (sat dom) already showing F sex this morning. I'll let them go another 24 hours to confirm and if so, put them in their larger, final pots early on. I wanted them another 5" taller before light change but I'm learning to go with the flow. These early ones will easily achieve that in the larger pots. The rest will catch up and be up-potted as they continue to show themselves as light decreases towards 12/12. It makes work easier that way too :giggle:
As I continue to work strictly with MNS, I have become more confident on what to expect from Shanti's seed. Stability in genetics saves me time. I have especially high hopes for this seed combination and can only imagine how these plants might serve as excellent parents.
BTW, I've re-routed my 3 lights- all on seperate timers and separate outlets for max flexibility. I can't wait to run a whole cycle with these new LED's.
nw 9_18.jpg

nwb 9_18.jpg

mu

Aloha everyone!

A few more have showed making it 5 females now, these were tranferred into 6 gal pots this morning. Healthy roots, they'll respond quickly to their new environs. I'll put the Mohan Ram (4 plants) into 3.5 gal pots tomorrow.

nw 6gal 9_20.jpgnw root 9_20.jpg

mu

Aloha everyone!

I got most of my wish as another female presented last night. So 6F/9. I can't help but wonder about the theory of more females with- higher humidity, higher nitrogen, lower temperature. This is not the first time this has happened to seed sitting next to my humidifer. Just wonderin'.

Here they are Northern Widow's I have to work with along with the Mohan Ram in their smaller containers:
grp shot 9_22.JPG

The newest addition NW#6:
nw#6 9_22.JPG

The unadjusted pH took it's toll especially on this sat dom prima donna NW#1:
nw#1 9_22.JPG

The MOR's did better, the broader leaved ones tolerating better:
nw#2 9_22.JPG

Three males remain, 2 MW's and 1 ML. The one on the R has my eye. Let's see how they transition before deciding who to use.
nw males 9_22.JPG

So, I guess it is showtime!

mu

Aloha everyone!

Cuts were taken this morning. All plants have shrugged off the pH blues and are going growing towards the light lol. Why even sat dom prima donna has come around.

NW#1
nw1 9_30.JPG

#4 and #6 have similar structure. Bad pics, sorry.
nw4 9_30.JPG nw6 9_30.JPG

NW#5 has the symmetry going.
nw5 9_30.JPG

The two that have my eye right now are the NW#2 I mentioned earlier, she's the biggest, and NW#3 with her widow leaves.

NW#2
nw2 9_30.JPG

NW#3
nw3 9_30.JPG

They will be put to 12/12 Sunday.

mu

Aloha everyone!

Cuts were made and today begins the 12/12 cycle. The girls are now showing there individuality and I keep changing my mind as to which one holds the most promise. One can look at the structure and do the stem rubs but of course one never really know until blaze time.
grp shot 10_3.jpg

This one, NW#6 caught my eye today. She was the last to show sex and be up-potted. What's unusual about her is that she is a sativa dom that is a shade lighter than everyone else, a lighter green so I took an extra cut, just in case lol. I don't know if you can see her in the group shot- she is top row second from the right.
nw#6 10_3.jpg

I gotta say, I am finally turning the corner on my impressions of LED light. With rapidly increasing inflation, I am grateful I made the investment when I did. I'm having to adjust from HID in terms of temp and humidity of the room as that has changed with these different lights. The best thing during this veg time is a reduction in energy costs as I am also not having to run the scrubber 12/12 to push heat out of the room. Wondering how I'm going to heat my house this winter hahaha. As they get a little larger, I will spread them out AND turn on the third light. Yay! That should generate a little more heat. A learning curve making life interesting. I like that!

mu

Back