Widow Grail cookin?

TGTDE

2022 COE Winner
Anyone have a pack of these going yet? I may have to jump on the opportunity to be the first to document a grow on her!!

If you have grown her how was she?? If currently growing, how’s it going?

(NL5HzxHz)xAC) x Widow
I wonder if thats NL5HzA like the Doors or NL5HzC like Holy Grail.

I believe it is the other way around. As I understand it, The Doors is (NL5/HzC) x AC
...She looks like a true beauty, very potent but smells weird. It has some 5HzC characteristics in her but there's more, some skunky whiffs i guess and something sour like in yogurt. Lot's a resinproduction on the bud, it'll probably be a strong smoke...

SB earlier mentioned the typo to me in the HG description. The Grail mother is made up of NH x AC- (NL5/HzA x HzC) x AC
mother of holy grail NHxAC.jpg

Looking forward to yet another expression of the Grail. As meticulous as you are @TGTDE, I'm sure they will turn out great and your pictures should be bomb!

🤙Mu

I believe it is the other way around. As I understand it, The Doors is (NL5/HzC) x AC

SB earlier mentioned the typo to me in the HG description. The Grail mother is made up of NH x AC- (NL5/HzA x HzC) x AC
View attachment 53652

Looking forward to yet another expression of the Grail. As meticulous as you are @TGTDE, I'm sure they will turn out great and your pictures should be bomb!

🤙Mu
Thanks Mu! I believe Mano Haze will be the next run, but maybe I’ll throw a seed or two of widow grail in there as well for the sake of being first lol.

Grail- NHxAC, that's how I understand it. (NL5HzxHz) in the (GROWL-((NL5HzxHz)xAC) x widow) description is essentially NH. It is agreed that the Grail mom is NHxAC. It appears the difference between this variety and the Holy Grail is the use of different dads, one being the Widow, and the other being Haze C.
So, from looking at SB's posts "wish to know the code then here it is NL5(HazeA(2)) x SkHz/HazeC and shortened AC as I only use a male from this seed stock of Nev from 1987."

Technically, I believe GROWL looks like this: (NL5/HzA x HzC) x (NL5(HazeA(2)) x SkHz/HazeC) x Widow
A mouthful for sure.

Sorry to overrun your thread @TGTDE but I will say you're giving me blue balls by not growing this strain haha

🤙Mu

Now i wonder if the Haze used in the SkHz was Haze A or C. This never ends but does matter for correct percentages lol. Now who can do the math?
That’s another mess up in the pedigree. I believe Haze AC is NL/Haze x SK/Haze, not NL/HZ x SKHz/Hz.
I got Grail Widow years ago, the rumor online and “from the horses mouth” was that it was nevils haze x widow. Apparently there’s more to it than that.

I’m curious where the grail moniker comes from? About the time SB came out with Grail Widow was right after Nevil had an awkward exit from the website. Nevil had a run of posts and interactions revolving around the “Holy Grail” breeding project and says that if he anybody nicks his Grail label…. Seemed like a jab at Nevil to me.

“Double up HzC! I'm not saying that excellent plants can't be produced from inbreeding what we have, but we are going for the Ultimate (Grail). If anybody pinches this name I'll be pissed off.”

“Anyhow we got this one ready just out of coincidence and it is a great plant.Nev reselected the NL from a very old batch of seed in 2004...I added it to the Haze father then selected and crossed it to an impressive Skunk male. I believe it to be something very special for medical patients who asked me for it by the way, and well hoping it does the same for those of you who decide to do it.”

I feel like the pattern is…

SB will release a strain and give a general pedigree.

Then members will start to question specifics about that pedigree.

Then SB will attempt to clarify but then adds new info to the mix.

Then members will debate and argue about what SB meant for the next decade….

But assuming all those plants are alive, wouldnt the shortest way to anything Grail-like be using a Neville's, combine Skunk/HzA to Haze C to make a 75% Haze with Skunk instead Of NL5, combining these 2 plants, select a mother and put Haze C to it? That would be 87.5% Haze .Will prolly flower for 20 plus weeks but there might be something workable to be found in that seeds.

Back