Super Silver Haze F2 Experiences??

TGTDE

2022 COE Winner
Hey everyone,

I currently have 10 SSH going in a different thread that I’ve yet to take clones from or flip to flower. Unsure what my numbers will be male to female, but I’m thinking about keeping my best male and crossing it with the best female.

Anyone have experience taking this strain to F2? Curious if it would be worth it or if it’s better to just stick to F1s?

Hello TGTDE!

While I have no experience doing this, as a betting man I'd take a shot! I remember a number of Neville's ads selling F2's. If he thought F2's were good enough.....I suspect you will get a bit of diversity. You may find some recessive traits that you like(or don't). I don't win every bet though! ;) I am about to make mate some G13 x Af Sk and let the pollen fall where it may....as a betting man! :) Disclaimer: This is all speculation on my part, but I'm doing it anyway. Grow and learn!

Longball

You may want to collect pollem, dry it gently (not too long) add some flour to it and deepfreeze it to backcross later (if losing vigour) or if you want to pollinate other strains. Store the pollem in small containers such as our MNS seeds come in. So you don’t have to defrost the entire batch for one pollination.
I would just let the first round go on females only and keep your most precious. You can also cut off small clones from your males (why not all, diversity) and let them root directly on 12/12 and collect its pollem.
I found that placing them in,a cup of water with fertilizer is sufficient to collect pollem. I did this in a propagator with just a 2x18watt TL fluo light. Just,change water regularly and place the propagator far from your girls and wash, change clothes before entering flowering room.
Just some thoughts.

SSh is supposed to be a stable hybrid. It’s a hybrid but possibly inbred. Depending on your selections, F2s should be high quality. I’ve only smoked one or 2 mns ssh from seed and I wasn’t too impressed compared to mango haze. Aromas were kinda dark and not intoxicating. Could’ve been the plants or that particular grow though. I’d like to try one of the good ones.

Hey everyone,

I currently have 10 SSH going in a different thread that I’ve yet to take clones from or flip to flower. Unsure what my numbers will be male to female, but I’m thinking about keeping my best male and crossing it with the best female.

Anyone have experience taking this strain to F2? Curious if it would be worth it or if it’s better to just stick to F1s?
My take on f2’s is
Every now and then something unique and marvelous comes from f2 seed
Rarely will you find it….
If you are a grower/smoker… stick with
Original F1 seed from the breeder!
If you have the patience and interest then plant as many f2 seed that you can and every year for the rest of your growing life and pay attention!
😂😎

Also if you be like me you can do both and always get a few breeder ibls when you order those f1 hybrids.
Skunk
Nordle
Nevils Haze
mango Haze are ALL a must have and I would get them all sooner than later.
We never know what tomorrow will bring.
Anyone remember 2020?
What a crock that year was
🔥

Last edited:
What you also can do is make your very own SSH out of MNS genetics, however you don’t have MNS parental plants so it is going to be quite challenging to select your own haze with your own skunk and northern lights.
But all these 3 can be taken out of MNS seeds in circulation and be combined to become your very own handpicked SSH.
Just some other thoughts :)

What you also can do is make your very own SSH out of MNS genetics, however you don’t have MNS parental plants so it is going to be quite challenging to select your own haze with your own skunk and northern lights.
But all these 3 can be taken out of MNS seeds in circulation and be combined to become your very own handpicked SSH.
Just some other thoughts :)

Very true…. and a fun project to imagine undertaking.. but I’m not quite at that level yet. Lots more learning and practice before that!

Last edited:
Hi @axiom

I saw you're very familiar with MNS strains.
Im searching for the best haze, like when i was young i loved A5 haze, SSH (never had the chance to test Mango H), mexican haze etc...
It must smell in all the house when i burn it and the have the perfect high.
In your opinion, what strain do i grow first? Mango haze? Neville? Ssh?

Thanks

Hi @axiom

I saw you're very familiar with MNS strains.
Im searching for the best haze, like when i was young i loved A5 haze, SSH (never had the chance to test Mango H), mexican haze etc...
It must smell in all the house when i burn it and the have the perfect high.
In your opinion, what strain do i grow first? Mango haze? Neville? Ssh?

Thanks
If you want the best haze experience then Nevils Haze would be my choice.
It is very difficult to pull off right but can be done with patience and proper planning.
Devote the room to it and mix the nutrients proper and match the medium to the nutrients.
Canna and Coco fibre are my choice
Use a 12/12 from inception and finish with a 13/11 photo period.
Plan on 16 weeks plus
✌️

Thank you @axiom for your answer. That's what I thought, the Neville is the most hazy 😁.
Indeed it is planned that it will have its dedicated space, small pots for a selection, taking into account that they will take up more space than a classic hybrid.
Nutrition is what worries me over such a long period of time I have never done but I imagine that you should not miss it.
I have never used coco, I am fully organic. Do you think a biotabs type amendment can do the trick? The plant takes only what it needs, little risk of excess fertilizer and I will add a second tablet at mid-flowering if necessary.
Otherwise it will be BAC organic but indeed I have to follow a strict schedule. She is greedy? Or rather sensitive like a lot of sativa?
👊💚🙏

Yes, however; you may need more soil. :) The bigger the pot, the longer the organic feed. So more soil is a good thing for haze.

I failed lots of haze, but on waterculture I find it much easier. Those red balls (clayballs in English?) don’t absorb anything. So what goes in, goes out instantly. When my EC is dropping and pH is rising, I know that is the magic dose and should not be changed. That is where they are brought to just the needs they demand and can deliver consistency. Of course you nodge up when they grow and/or color leaves but only by 0,1 to 0,2 EC. Read, observe, watch your waterdrop: this says when to rise or lower the feed. With a 95%- 100% sativa 1,2 EC is often more then enough and I am speaking of a big plant indoor.
And all it needs is hydro a and b. Enzymes and rootstimulator do help imho, but are not a must. I never buy expensive boosters, simply pk 13/14.

Back