Growing a dream - Fertilizers

svap

After reading musashi thread on Holy Smoke, I decided that is either that or the fantomatic Timelaps.

I read on the thread of musashi what he posted about nutes he used.

I am wondering, for a start, with the goal to finish the flowering, is it possible to use just for example the CANNA fertilizers? I am referring to these because I saw them on video with sb.

After reading musashi thread on Holy Smoke, I decided that is either that or the fantomatic Timelaps.

I read on the thread of musashi what he posted about nutes he used.

I am wondering, for a start, with the goal to finish the flowering, is it possible to use just for example the CANNA fertilizers? I am referring to these because I saw them on video with sb.

Yes, with great results. I've known commercial grower's use just A+B and PK
I've used them in the past but gone for an alike line with a wetting agent.

Fertilizer is fertilizer. Canna makes good products. thier organic line is just fancy ferments. I suggest you try buying dry synthetic nutrients. there is a guy on youtube green genes garden, who has many videos about the Jacks 321 recipe. and what he says is often general fertilizer information

Fertilizer is fertilizer.
Oh most definitely not.
Ever used crap like Miracle Grow or Scotts ?
Yea... they are marketing and nothing more. Some ferts are good, some are not.
I've whittled my choices down to Earth Juice or Fox Farms. I have had fantastic results with both and and less than stellar results with literally everything else I've tried....and I've tried lots of different stuff.

Oh most definitely not.
Ever used crap like Miracle Grow or Scotts ?
Yea... they are marketing and nothing more. Some ferts are good, some are not.
I've whittled my choices down to Earth Juice or Fox Farms. I have had fantastic results with both and and less than stellar results with literally everything else I've tried....and I've tried lots of different stuff.
I have! and meant it more so as in hydro store type fertilizers. sorry for not being specific. basically, every fertilizer out before 2012 in Michigan, I tried. I enjoy bud grown w/ just fox farm. I do find that it does often add a sugary flavor to the bud the 3 part liquid, not so much the 3 part dry powder.

Earth juice is a good organic brand! If I recall one of the other brands of organic liquid fertilizers is made by someone who used to work for earth juice. I can't recall which one.

When you guys from the states say jack's do you mean the maxi grow-bloom?

Recently seen it at agriculture prices.

they are a big difference beetween organic and mineral grow

i dont like mineral grow that alterated the taste of the weed

i used cellmax and plagron the organic line

i put also some guano to the last repotting before the bloom

Fertilizer is fertilizer. Canna makes good products. thier organic line is just fancy ferments. I suggest you try buying dry synthetic nutrients. there is a guy on youtube green genes garden, who has many videos about the Jacks 321 recipe. and what he says is often general fertilizer information

i used one time the canna organic bloom because no found plagron and cellmax in my growshop
it's was correct very similarity with that i used

When you guys from the states say jack's do you mean the maxi grow-bloom?

Recently seen it at agriculture prices.
maxi bloom is a dry fertilizer like Jacks yes. Jacks is it's own brand though. you want the2 part. a is pretty much everything except calcium, part b ius caccium nitrate, and you use epsom slats in the 321 recipe. 3 grams a, 2 grams b, 1 gram epsom salt.

it is also called masterblend.

the dry powders by fox farm, GH(maxi and cool bloom),, floraflex, Veg Bloom, Raw, are all generally, more cost effective than liquid fertilizers.

I am partially in quinxstar's camp. but I do feel that the nasty flavor imparted by most fertilizers is from the water they source, bacterial contamination making new minerals in the liquid fertilizer, and too much fertilizer left in the bud.

I only notice an over fertilization taste when I over do the VEG bloom, generally calcium taste as its got lots of calcium.

Jacks is one of the most cost effective synthetic fertilizers we can buy.

maxi bloom is a dry fertilizer like Jacks yes. Jacks is it's own brand though. you want the2 part. a is pretty much everything except calcium, part b ius caccium nitrate, and you use epsom slats in the 321 recipe. 3 grams a, 2 grams b, 1 gram epsom salt.

the dry powders by fox farm, GH(maxi and cool bloom),, floraflex, Veg Bloom, Raw, are all generally, more cost effective than liquid fertilizers.

I am partially in quinxstar's camp. but I do feel that the nasty flavor imparted by most fertilizers is from the water they source, bacterial contamination making new minerals in the liquid fertilizer, and too much fertilizer left in the bud.

I only notice an over fertilization taste when I over do the VEG bloom, generally calcium taste as its got lots of calcium.

in my second from last sentence, for got to add" I do not notice a bad full on playdough taste like with the GH 3 part. It doesn't have that "burning" at the back of the throat while smoking clean like Advanced and the 4 knockoff companies brands do. when dry fertlizer is overdone, all you taste is fertilizer if you over fed/underflushed.

fertilizer is good but water is better

i use rain water in majority and well water when my vats are empty

Iam using Canna-Coco line up for coco @ Bio-Canna for soil
Both doing great.

When using biocanna, Iam adding worms and guano in pots, then I dont need to fert so often.

Earlier I was using Biobizz, which I did not like the botlles so much, they will get messy.. But it is all the same bio ferts after all. ;)

Earlier I was using Biobizz, which I did not like the botlles so much, they will get messy.. But it is all the same bio ferts after all. ;)
sofar the bottles of the canna are the best I found.

When using biocanna, Iam adding worms and guano in pots, then I dont need to fert so often.

Do you happen to know how much guano for a 20L pot? And by worms you mean real worms or worm casting?

I am also wondering what could be an introductory plant to grow before the holy smoke, the super silver haze?

Only used canna myself and never had a problem, soil range and coco range, for lots of things and always found it works for me, i prefer coco currently.

But having used nothing else i cant say how effective it is compaired to other things, but dident have a problem only using canna stuff thats for sure

(y)

Only used canna myself and never had a problem, soil range and coco range, for lots of things and always found it works for me, i prefer coco currently.

But having used nothing else i cant say how effective it is compaired to other things, but dident have a problem only using canna stuff thats for sure

(y)

Changing a winning formula is when you normally have "issues" you wasn't expecting.

Do you happen to know how much guano for a 20L pot? And by worms you mean real worms or worm casting?
By eye only ;)
Litlle bit of guano, just one hand sow, and two hand sows of worm castings..

I would start with Skunk Haze or ASH ;) ;)
But Super Silver Haze should be fine also..

...I am also wondering what could be an introductory plant to grow before the holy smoke, the super silver haze?...
Another thought would be the Afgan Haze. As it is the precursor to what you are currently growing, it would be interesting to compare the difference between the two plants and to appreciate what the addition of the Hz AC has contributed to the AH. You might consider a pollination between them. Regardless, between the two, you will have a great smelling and tasting stash that packs a punch. And if you find merit in the AC, you may consider trying the R&R Series. Many are impressed with their Pink Floyd grows for example. The Hz AC is not just a novelty. Personally, I have found it to be a game changer.

🤙Mu

Back