gifted a pile of seed today from a old schooler!

300dutchman

so on the way back from a surfing trip with my son today we stopped off at a friends place who has been growing for 40 plus years, he gave me all his seed lol he said he is done with growing from seeds, he gave me big bud, purple crown, purple skunk, big purple, bubba kush, cotton candy, and 5 un named variety's, has anyone grown any of these strains and if so any info would be greatly appreciated.

well sealed glass jars works fine...like babyfood size jars or smaller.
the smaller the better and I don't have the patience these days to type out the whole physics theorem about volume displacement/moisture/temps/longevity thang.
small jars, well sealed, CLEAN, and for good insurance a few rice grains and a cotton ball

Just check the glass jar can take low temps.

I've had pyrex dishes pop in my freezer.

I prefer plastic and silica for freezer.
Glass can be to unstable at low temps.

*A £$€25 vac pack will pay for itself when freezing

are you start it this years ???

i vote for the purpleskunk
i think the last time i smoke and see it was in 1997

the buds become like black nether see weed like this after

Have had seeds in small glass containers for probably 40+ years and have yet to see an issue with the glass and low temps.
The reason I use glass is that it is non porous (unlike vac sealer packs and yes I know vacuum holding does not infer non porous) which means if sealed correctly nothing will get in or out.
The containers I use would have been called 100 mil vials back in the day....I haven't a clue what they call them now.
I found a good pic that should put everything into perspective....I use ones like the 10mL tall size spec'd in the image.
Drug-Vials-100ml-720x540.jpg

should i leave them in glass jars in the freezer or vacuum seal them then put in the freezer?
in this thread there are more information on seed preservation.

Have had seeds in small glass containers for probably 40+ years and have yet to see an issue with the glass and low temps.
The reason I use glass is that it is non porous (unlike vac sealer packs and yes I know vacuum holding does not infer non porous) which means if sealed correctly nothing will get in or out.
The containers I use would have been called 100 mil vials back in the day....I haven't a clue what they call them now.
I found a good pic that should put everything into perspective....I use ones like the 10mL tall size spec'd in the image.
View attachment 51461

Specimen vial's or smaller one's ampules. They're also designed for long term useage and pretty cheap. Cheaper than a kilner I guess.

Back