yellow leaves and not sure what to do

o2b

Hi,

I have an indoor grow of 2 Ortega and 2 Medicine Man in 5 gallon containers. I usually start with 12 plants in 3 gallon containers, but not enough seeds popped. (I had few MM and of the Ortega, I think only 2 out of about 14 seeds popped.)

So 5 gallons is new for me.

The grow HAD been going great and presently, the plants are in late flowering. They have a lot of yellow leaves even on the tips of the small ones about the buds. Now, I had been adding fluid every 5 days at 1.25 gallons per plant. I got concerned that was too much and so changed to 1 gallon per plant every 4 days. This grow uses the Nectar for the Gods nutritional line. The recommended sequence is feed, feed, tea (microbial addition), and flush. When I add all the fluid, the Ortegas, especially 1 of the 2, has a lot of runoff. (I have these plastic containers under the pots.) All plants have some runoff.

What do any of you recommend? Should I feed (in a generic sense, including tea and flush additions) more frequently? If so at how much volume per plant?

Of course, any advice is much appreciated.

o2

if it's the end of flowering why do you still want to fatten the plants?

if you have rinsed well it 's normal to have yellow leaves

at the end of flowering the plant sheds its leaves

if it's the end of flowering why do you still want to fatten the plants?

if you have rinsed well it 's normal to have yellow leaves

at the end of flowering the plant sheds its leaves
Hey, thanks! I have thought that might be part of it. Great to hear.

As far as the readiness for harvest (in terms of how much longer), I don't know why, but in all my grows, the trichomes take real long to transition from clear to milky white. They still look pretty much totally clear to me (top bud) and impatiently wait for them to get a move one!

Thanks again.

Hello o2b!

What quinxstar said is correct.

o2b said:
the trichomes take real long to transition from clear to milky white. They still look pretty much totally clear to me (top bud)"

If you are checking trichomes at the top of top buds then please consider this. Generally, the top of the bud is new growth, New growth = new trichomes. New trichomes are clear! Try checking your bigger buds or colas at an older part of the bud or cola. Check about two thirds of the way down or at a couple diffenent places on the cola. Don't be afraid to bend the cola a bit and look in as you want to see the older trichomes not the newer ones. Hope this helps :)

Longball

why not reduce the light for accelerated the bloom

i agree with longball the little bud who are on leaves shadow are often havest before the central bud

You can always run flowering schedules to finish faster. It can and will affect the yield but not always like you would expect.

In my experience the more "Indica" a plant is the more it negatively affects the yield. I tend to do "sativa" dominant plants and run on a continual 10/14 schedule.

BTW, some claim that it increases hermaphrodites, but it is very rare that I have seen it and I do run some plants who's lines have hermy tendencies.

Best of luck.

Back