Neville's Haze Indoor 2017

Junglejim1212

Hello all,

Just got my pack of Nevilles Haze, I will be starting 12 seeds in search of a mother. I am looking for that signature haze flavor and taste unique to any strain I've eve smoked.

I choose MNS seeds after doing hour and hours on reading and trying different strains. I have grown successfully G13 and Black Widow both were amazing. I have also attempted to grow The Cure, Neville's and Afghan Haze at the time I had a lot going and I wasn't able to fully see these plants succeed but some did have the Haze (insence, spice, piff smell).

I have decided to give NH a try indoor. I know i will face challenges but I am ready to finally take this project on.

Soil: 100% Organic soil (water only mix)
Light schedule:12/12 from seed
Light power: 600 HPS to start, will be upragding to 1000 HPS soon.
Strain: Neville's Haze MNS
Seed amount starting: 12

Awesome! Good move, JumgleJim.:cool:

Can we hear more about your soil mix for these sensitive girls?

Subscribed!

Stay Hazed,
Jake

Awesome! Good move, JumgleJim.:cool:

Can we hear more about your soil mix for these sensitive girls?

Subscribed!

Stay Hazed,
Jake

Jake,

My soil mix contains the following

Base mix: Peat moss, Perlite, Organic EWC, Kelp meal,.
Super soil mix: (about 25% of bottom of pots) Kelp meal,alfalfa meal, crab meal, neem seed meal, bat guano (flower), blood meal, steamed bone meal, green sand, azomite rock dust.

I also add two fertilizers

Bio Live (Down to Earth) brand

"Bio-Live is a rich fertilizer featuring a unique blend of premium marine by-products infused with a diverse mixture of beneficial microorganisms. Select mycorrhizal fungi and bacterial species rapidly colonize the rhizosphere and surrounding soil to improve resource utilization and enhance nutrient uptake.

Ideal for all plant types, use Bio-Live to encourage expansive root systems, increased crop yields and superior quality flowers, fruits, herbs and vegetables.

Ingredients: Fish Bone Meal, Fish Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Crab Meal, Shrimp Meal, Langbeinite, Basalt, Kelp Meal, Humic Acid, Mycorrhizal Fungi, and Beneficial Bacteria"

And Dr. Earth Organic Bud and Bloom booster

"This is it. The original all purpose pro-biotic fertilizer created in 1991 is still the most popular organic fertilizer on the market! This industry leader is what other fertilizers are measured against for quality and innovation. Its blend of fish bone meal, cottonseed meal, alfalfa meal, feather meal, mined potassium sulphate, kelp meal, humic acid, seaweed extract, beneficial soil microbes plus ecto and endo mycorrhizae make it the perfect choice for the widest range of plants. Expect stable and consistent growth, lush green foliage, and long life for your plants with this champion fertilizer. And it's safe for pets and people, too!"

What are your thoughts?

Jake,

My soil mix contains the following

Base mix: Peat moss, Perlite, Organic EWC, Kelp meal,.
Super soil mix: (about 25% of bottom of pots) Kelp meal,alfalfa meal, crab meal, neem seed meal, bat guano (flower), blood meal, steamed bone meal, green sand, azomite rock dust.

I also add two fertilizers

Bio Live (Down to Earth) brand

"Bio-Live is a rich fertilizer featuring a unique blend of premium marine by-products infused with a diverse mixture of beneficial microorganisms. Select mycorrhizal fungi and bacterial species rapidly colonize the rhizosphere and surrounding soil to improve resource utilization and enhance nutrient uptake.

Ideal for all plant types, use Bio-Live to encourage expansive root systems, increased crop yields and superior quality flowers, fruits, herbs and vegetables.

Ingredients: Fish Bone Meal, Fish Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Crab Meal, Shrimp Meal, Langbeinite, Basalt, Kelp Meal, Humic Acid, Mycorrhizal Fungi, and Beneficial Bacteria"

And Dr. Earth Organic Bud and Bloom booster

"This is it. The original all purpose pro-biotic fertilizer created in 1991 is still the most popular organic fertilizer on the market! This industry leader is what other fertilizers are measured against for quality and innovation. Its blend of fish bone meal, cottonseed meal, alfalfa meal, feather meal, mined potassium sulphate, kelp meal, humic acid, seaweed extract, beneficial soil microbes plus ecto and endo mycorrhizae make it the perfect choice for the widest range of plants. Expect stable and consistent growth, lush green foliage, and long life for your plants with this champion fertilizer. And it's safe for pets and people, too!"

What are your thoughts?

Sorry Jim, somehow I missed your response.

That seems like a good mix, but I am no expert! Lol.

How's it going?

I've got Neville's Haze lined up to run after I finish with my Z6 hunt. I'll be watching excitedly to see what you find...

Stay HazeD,
Jake

Anyone who decides to grow NH is fine by me. :D I never tire of this sublime plant. Some whine about how it just isn't as good as the good ole days. I'm here to tell you there is always someone trying to take your joy. Don't let em and don't listen to them. All these plants need is love and time. They require attention but no doting and no fancy shit. It comes around when its ready. The smell and taste are unequalled. It is not an overpowering herb like garlic or rosemary added to the sauce, it is more the subtleness of saffron or file. Some rare, exotic herb or spice that when added defines a meal as not being merely satisfying but rather elevates it to a nourishment that heals and touches all the senses. It is the stuff that brings one to the realization that life is indeed very, very good.

Cool runnings
M

Hello all

So far out of 12 planted

7 have sprouted and are under the 600 HPS 12/12

2 have popped up but still have the seeds full on the head.

3 haven't popped up yet.

I will be ordering a 1000 watt on Friday. Thinking about this one 1000W BUNDLE KIT STAGE 7

Anyone have any suggestions for 1000 watt cooled systems?

34s0x05.jpg

Sorry Jim, somehow I missed your response.

That seems like a good mix, but I am no expert! Lol.

How's it going?

I've got Neville's Haze lined up to run after I finish with my Z6 hunt. I'll be watching excitedly to see what you find...

Stay HazeD,
Jake

What are you looking for in Z6? To my understanding it's CBD rich and lack THC?

Hello all

So far out of 12 planted

7 have sprouted and are under the 600 HPS 12/12

2 have popped up but still have the seeds full on the head.

3 haven't popped up yet.

I will be ordering a 1000 watt on Friday. Thinking about this one 1000W BUNDLE KIT STAGE 7

Anyone have any suggestions for 1000 watt cooled systems?

34s0x05.jpg
First things first. I wouldn't suggest starting seeds under 600w hps. It's more powerful than you need. I'd suggest T5 for that. They can be closer to the plants and they won't get as tall as yours are looking. No harm is being done but NH can get tall real fast. So you'll want to read up on topping, super cropping, or lst method.

As far as the new light goes. I'd suggest looking in to a CMH they run on less energy and I'm having the same if not better results. To each his own. But I recently bought 3 of these to replace 2 600 watt MH/HPS. They cost a bit more to start but beyond electricity you'll also save on bulbs. These bulbs last much much much longer! If I didn't have several hundred bucks worth of bulbs in the closet I'd be buying more of the CMH.

First things first. I wouldn't suggest starting seeds under 600w hps. It's more powerful than you need. I'd suggest T5 for that. They can be closer to the plants and they won't get as tall as yours are looking. No harm is being done but NH can get tall real fast. So you'll want to read up on topping, super cropping, or lst method.

As far as the new light goes. I'd suggest looking in to a CMH they run on less energy and I'm having the same if not better results. To each his own. But I recently bought 3 of these to replace 2 600 watt MH/HPS. They cost a bit more to start but beyond electricity you'll also save on bulbs. These bulbs last much much much longer! If I didn't have several hundred bucks worth of bulbs in the closet I'd be buying more of the CMH.

Goldberg,

Thanks for advise on CMH I'm going to check this out.

As far as the HPS on the seeds, they sprouted under a T5 this pic was taken last night. They are currently in my flower room with other plants. I am not looking to veg just a 12/12 for pheno hunt purposes. They will be put in bigger pots next week.

Last edited:
if you are planning on using 1000W , there is no alternative to a double ended system, no matter if a complete system like gavita, or a remote system like lumatek and their double ended reflector
those were just 2 examples, today any major company has double ended toys in their portfolio

aside from that, how do you wanna pheno hunt while doing 12/12 from seed, plz understand that those cuttings wont be good , compared to the same ones growing on 18h on ...
hormones will fuck up your planned hunting success if you dont prolong your vegi light hours

if you are planning on using 1000W , there is no alternative to a double ended system, no matter if a complete system like gavita, or a remote system like lumatek and their double ended reflector
those were just 2 examples, today any major company has double ended toys in their portfolio

aside from that, how do you wanna pheno hunt while doing 12/12 from seed, plz understand that those cuttings wont be good , compared to the same ones growing on 18h on ...
hormones will fuck up your planned hunting success if you dont prolong your vegi light hours
I would have mentioned those DE but most people don't have the height required to run those. I know I don't!

What's better about double ended? Pros and cons?

Good info about 12/12 seed. I've decided to take cuttings once they are sexed and then flower the cuttings and put mothers back to veg.

What's better about double ended? Pros and cons?

Good info about 12/12 seed. I've decided to take cuttings once they are sexed and then flower the cuttings and put mothers back to veg.
I'll let someone who's used them to talk about it. But when I was going to try a new light system I was told not to consider them unless I had 12 foot ceilings. But I don't even have 7.5 feet. So even if that's over stating it I wasn't going to risk it with that huge of shortage.

im oldschool, which means im blasting 600W on a 1X1m tent, havin a 1,2X1,2m tent means to me : 1000W for that tent, to get the same bud structure quality as with 600W on 1X1m

for those havin problems with watts and/or height there are 750W DE systems, they should run just fine inside a 1,2X1,2m tent which is 2meters high

DE bulbs have higher photon flux, are colder than single ended bulbs (therefor im not sure about the info you got, i work also in hydro store and sellin hardware to growers is what i do for living) and all customers who went DE are amazed with the results, especially when you think of solistek, who have DE bulbs: 2000K 4000K 6000K and 10000K

also there is a new DE bulb , which consists of 2 X 315 CMH , so its a 630W DE CMH WIN WIN WIN !!!

when height and/or heat is an issue, there is only LED left, and of course all other "old" systems like fluros and therelike

7,5 feet is more than 2 meters height, could work with 1000W , but 750W is going to be spot on

also height is a question of how many bulbs you wanna drive, if you have a multiple room with lots of litghs, height is not an issue, with only 1 bulb tho ... it would be wise to invest into a big fan , there is this rule of thumb for 100W of light you need 100m³/h of air extraction, so that heat wont build up, this rule of thumb is ment for tents and cabinets, if you got an open space, you can easily half that number , also if your growing area is at a cooler place like in the cellar, its easier to cool that if its on a south side below the roof, there you would need more iar "power"

im oldschool, which means im blasting 600W on a 1X1m tent, havin a 1,2X1,2m tent means to me : 1000W for that tent, to get the same bud structure quality as with 600W on 1X1m

for those havin problems with watts and/or height there are 750W DE systems, they should run just fine inside a 1,2X1,2m tent which is 2meters high

DE bulbs have higher photon flux, are colder than single ended bulbs (therefor im not sure about the info you got, i work also in hydro store and sellin hardware to growers is what i do for living) and all customers who went DE are amazed with the results, especially when you think of solistek, who have DE bulbs: 2000K 4000K 6000K and 10000K

also there is a new DE bulb , which consists of 2 X 315 CMH , so its a 630W DE CMH WIN WIN WIN !!!

when height and/or heat is an issue, there is only LED left, and of course all other "old" systems like fluros and therelike

7,5 feet is more than 2 meters height, could work with 1000W , but 750W is going to be spot on

also height is a question of how many bulbs you wanna drive, if you have a multiple room with lots of litghs, height is not an issue, with only 1 bulb tho ... it would be wise to invest into a big fan , there is this rule of thumb for 100W of light you need 100m³/h of air extraction, so that heat wont build up, this rule of thumb is ment for tents and cabinets, if you got an open space, you can easily half that number , also if your growing area is at a cooler place like in the cellar, its easier to cool that if its on a south side below the roof, there you would need more iar "power"

Deran,

Thanks for your post, in the past I have been running a 400+ 600 watt HPS.

Not a big fan of the 400 watt buds and power source can't handle two 600s which is why I'm switching to a 1000 watt HPS.

Just checked out prices for CMH lighting and the prices are outta my range.

So far 9 out of 12 have sprouted and are under the 600 watt in solo cups.

I have ordered the 1000 watt and should be here in about a week.

Once the plants are sexed I will take clones from each plant flower the clones and put others back to veg.

Wish you well, no problem with the Nevilles :)

Hi 👋 good luck with everything and will stop in from time to time as Nevilles has been my best smoke to date other than Afghan x Haze is the most incredible smoke I can attest to.

NH can creep on you in a very serious way and I mean Serious euphoria with certain phenos that will give you a Whitey while your enjoying the euphoria and before you know it your puking your guts out asking God ? Please Please help me and I promise never to touch it again 🙈 Not, enjoy your future harvest it will be very rewarding with the selected pheno.

Great start !

Peace,

RB:p

Back