Questions on finding a SSH mother?

SSH-OD Quiz

We threw one of the cuts outdoors in 5 gallon containers:

I will post pics of all the cuts. You tell me which one you think this is. Good luck!

M.

Ok time to talk. First, anyone who grows SSH and winds up with "hay" is clearly doing something wrong. This is exceptional cannabis. I've only tried #9 and #5, the 2 most sativa expressions. They are awesome. Taste is clean on both. Flavor is exotic, tropical punch on #5. High is up, social, luxury, not soaring, perfect really. The Cure and Grail Widow had "rocket ship" phenos, whereas I would classify SSH as more of a "Concorde" effect. Classy. Long lasting. No paranoia on either cut. #9 cleared up my allergies almost instantly. I didn't even notice. Someone else told me that I stopped sniffing and sneezing. Imagine that! Never even thought that was possible, but it happened. Had someone else try some of the others. Report on effect was that they were all very active daytime highs followed by a long restful nap. No hangover. There is no better word for this cultivar than "head stash". Top grade and some of the most stable plants I have ever grown.

M.

Ok time to talk. First, anyone who grows SSH and winds up with "hay" is clearly doing something wrong. This is exceptional cannabis. I've only tried #9 and #5, the 2 most sativa expressions. They are awesome. Taste is clean on both. Flavor is exotic, tropical punch on #5. High is up, social, luxury, not soaring, perfect really. The Cure and Grail Widow had "rocket ship" phenos, whereas I would classify SSH as more of a "Concorde" effect. Classy. Long lasting. No paranoia on either cut. #9 cleared up my allergies almost instantly. I didn't even notice. Someone else told me that I stopped sniffing and sneezing. Imagine that! Never even thought that was possible, but it happened. Had someone else try some of the others. Report on effect was that they were all very active daytime highs followed by a long restful nap. No hangover. There is no better word for this cultivar than "head stash". Top grade and some of the most stable plants I have ever grown.

M.

Been waiting to see how this finished up for you guys..
Got any more shots later in flower?

So, you're saying it's still holding to its reputation?

Jake

Been waiting to see how this finished up for you guys..
Got any more shots later in flower?

So, you're saying it's still holding to its reputation?

Jake

Yes I have more shots to post. Just been busy. Yes reputation is well deserved. Finished product is exactly as advertised: "Champagne of cannabis". Very special medicine. Superior quality high. Really is the full package. IMO this line leaves nothing left to be desired.

M.

SSH-OD

Finally got shots that do these plants some justice:

As you can see these plants appear white. All that white together makes them look silver. The effect is super. All haze.

M.

No doubt this is Neville's best creation. I know Nevs haze Iis good but I think this is the best you can get. Thank God Shanti has kept the parents alive for us

I have sampled all but one pheno that is ready to chop tomorrow.
I may let it go one more wet and dry cycle for best possible flush,but it's ready with 70-80% dried hairs.
I had one pheno that may have never finished so it got chopped and still is good smoking.It has a diesel aroma with a bit of fruit mixed in.
All have a piney taste.The best aromas will come later after 5-7 weeks of curing.
I'll have to post pics of cured bud for pics under colored leds just aren't that great.
My last pheno is now at end of week 14 while others finished at 11-12.
One I could have chopped at week 10 but being my first sativa I let it go until I seen a nanner,so possibly a 9 weeker.

Last edited:
I was watching this thread with some interest as I had a run of SSH a few weeks behind yours. I too found a really good spread of phenos. From nine girls 6 were near on identical for structure with slight differences in bud structure but all were solid. I had on really small web leafed NL dom, im guessing as ive never seen anything quite like it. It was only 15 inches tall where the hazey sisters were all 5 to 6 foot. I had one extreme sativa pheno that was 6 to 7 foot tall. Most will be ready the same week @10 weeks bar the extreme sat which has really long feathery buds. I did get one that threw male flowers right through every flower but I suspect I left it for a week or two to long, this girl also smelled different to all her sisters with no sweetness but instead a BO or manky foot type of smell. I had a really skunky structured girl that is really resinous and has the same lemon-hazey-piney aroma of all the others that was ready by mid week eight. I really didnt know what I was looking for pheno wise and am looking forward to sampling them all.....😆
Any tips on what to look for in this line?

On another note I too have found those diesely leathery pheno's but in the mango line and I must say I quite like their flavour and effects...

Last edited:
I took another look at the pheno that kept putting out preflowers up top while bottom we're ripening with my scope at trichomes.
The bottom colas have cloudy and amber trichomes so it's ripe but colas are very airy.They are sticky and a bit gooey so I'm wondering if it better than I thought.
It has the best aroma out of all phenotypes,let's just say a petrol aroma with a sweet background and when smoked the piney taste is there.
M,
So your harvesting based on flavor,aroma,and effect?
Are you trying samples off them then if it is what your looking for you harvest?

Could you take a picture of a cola of plant that meets your creditionals?

I think I waited way too long before I chopped and would like to see one harvested properly for taste,aroma and effect.

Any decisions on another tandem grow?
I'd like to do another but maybe a G13 strain,Mango haze F1,but I'm open to most any.

I took another look at the pheno that kept putting out preflowers up top while bottom we're ripening with my scope at trichomes.
The bottom colas have cloudy and amber trichomes so it's ripe but colas are very airy.They are sticky and a bit gooey so I'm wondering if it better than I thought.
It has the best aroma out of all phenotypes,let's just say a petrol aroma with a sweet background and when smoked the piney taste is there.
M,
So your harvesting based on flavor,aroma,and effect?
Are you trying samples off them then if it is what your looking for you harvest?

Could you take a picture of a cola of plant that meets your creditionals?

I think I waited way too long before I chopped and would like to see one harvested properly for taste,aroma and effect.

Any decisions on another tandem grow?
I'd like to do another but maybe a G13 strain,Mango haze F1,but I'm open to most any.

Your buds look great. No I harvest, then dry, then cure, then sample. No decision on keepers until I have tried them all. I will take pics of all the phenos. Really like the Jack Herrer citrus smelling pheno (#8). It yields well and flowers quick. Also a big fan of the odor coming off #7. It's a sharp lemon diesel smell that really makes you pull away if you get too close. I want to say it's pure lemon pledge but it's definitely got that diesel fume effect to it. Wanted to test a couple of them today but made the mistake of sampling some Larry OG. Plan was to try it before I cull it. Plant smelled like hay at harvest, but today smell had morphed into something closer to old school dank. Still didn't think much of it, but man that Larry was for real. Hadn't smoked OG in ages but that's it! Mind warping full body indica sativa effect that lasted pretty much all day. Only took 2 hits too. Yeah that clone is sticking around. Flowers fast and yields well, just doesn't have the best smell. Oh well I'm all about the effect and it's an OG for sure. Going to hit the Hazes tomorrow. Let's do Mango Haze next, Indi.

M.

Last edited:
... Let's do Mango Haze next, Indi...

Good call brah! :D By the looks of your grow and the quality of this thread I am sure you both will be able to put on a grand show growing some superb medicine. Bring it on braddahs.

Cool runnin
M

YUP!

Hey morphote and indi great job on the journal and beautiful looking plants and buds! Fair play to both of ya. Ive been in hiding for a while from the powers that be, but i think its safe to continue with my hobby now. :D

Ive a pk of the Mango Haze IBL so put me down for a group grow thread when the time comes.

Good you see you posting again alecky. If'n you're gonna do Mango IBL I might just grow along side you. ;) Good to see you back.

Aloha
M

I might have to do MH at another time.My veg room is full and I'm going to run at least two of the SSH phenotypes again now that I know what they like for ec.

I can't figure out why my ec was so low using Floranova versus Flora series.
Even when I ran my CS keeper it used a 0.8-0.9 ec of Floranova but when I used Flora series ec was 1.4-1.7?
Anyone have any ideas why it took so much less of Floranova?
I did have fungus gnats in roots and plants stayed healthy but small.

Tried 2 phenos today: took 2 hits of #1 and 1 hit of #7. Was told flavor of #7 is superior to other phenos. I can testify that smell is unique on #7. Very sour, sharp, lemony. Translates to flavor quite nicely. Tastes of lemons/pineapples. Reminds me of a cultivar from Flying Dutchman called Pineapple Punch. Only tasted a bottom popcorn bud so I would expect bigger buds to have more pronounced flavor. #1, though, really impresses me. Wasn't going to try it but there was some already in the bowl, half burned but I flipped the nug over and got a green hit. Tasted great! Very clean flavor. Powerful stuff based on the toke alone. Best description would be Patron. Now, I don't like Patron but I love this bud. What I don't like about Patron I love about this bud. I think Tequila should not be smooth. It should have flavor and kick. Well, this bud is smooth as hell, tastes clean, but has a haze kick to it. Not racy, but highly social. I almost instantly became a Chatty Cathy. Zero paranoia. Smooth clean up high with no turbulence. High lasts for an hour before it transitions into a mellow relaxed indica feeling underneath the sativa high. Reminds me of OG Kush in that regard, having a top and bottom, or a high and a stone. Very enjoyable, no redeye, no complaints. As a matter of fact, when I first opened #1 based on smell alone I thought it was #7. SSH delivers as promised. #1 is my keeper but I plan on running #7 and #8 just to see if I can dial them in. More reports to follow.

M.

Last edited:
Back