Questions on finding a SSH mother?

I tried one of my other keepers in soil and tried your method of letting soil dry until leaves started sagging.Works great.In just one dry cycle after transplant roots have reached sides and perhaps bottom and plant looks very healthy.

A question on ssh:
They're recovering very fast and over night are putting out fresh leaves.
When do you go to 12/12 after transplanting?

I tried one of my other keepers in soil and tried your method of letting soil dry until leaves started sagging.Works great.In just one dry cycle after transplant roots have reached sides and perhaps bottom and plant looks very healthy.

A question on ssh:
They're recovering very fast and over night are putting out fresh leaves.
When do you go to 12/12 after transplanting?

Great. You might also want to try watering from the bottom. Let them dry out until they start to wilt then fill the tray with plain water. You can use this method a couple of ways: Fill the tray once or twice just to tide them over until you are ready to water all the plants, or fill the tray 3 times for a full watering. This method is also useful if you are trying to discourage bugs in the top of your soil by keeping it bone dry. It also mimics nature in times of drought.

Flipping to 12/12 is dependent upon your space, specifically height. These plants can be flipped as soon as the clones root, with plants finishing at 3-5 feet. Afghanica expressions will flower quicker and finish shorter; Indica expressions will take longer to finish and can grow past your light. Once you know what you have, have picked your cut, then you will know how long to veg before flipping the clones. I say go ahead and flower your cuts. Or, at most, wait another week then flip. Anything beyond that and you could be dealing with monsters.

M.

I'm going to go to 12/12 for they are doing great.They grow within a few hours after feeding so roots are doing great.I used 3 gallons of coco so the roots should have plenty of space.

When going to 12/12 have you found that changing day or night times works better or maybe reduce light on times from both ends?
I usually keep lights on the same and change lights off time.Using the coolest part of day for lights on.

I am ready to flip myself. You set your light cycle to whatever works best for you. Gradual change in photoperiod means it will take longer to start flowering. It's also more work, unless you have a timer/controller set to do it for you. If heat is a major concern then it's best to run the lights at night, but you will be watering at night and you need to be sure your room/tent does not have any light leaks. It can be tough to to wait all day to see how your plants are doing, especially if you miss a watering or two. And be ready for that gust of funk that's coming when your lights cut back on. If you don't already have odor controls in place, you have between now and about 3-4 weeks before odor becomes an issue. Pick a day/date to flip so we can run on the same schedule. Good luck!

M.

Ok so I have lots of pics to post, but sadly this is not about the pics. #10 turned male on me. I have no way of explaining this. Still female hairs on the lower part of the plant, but all the tops are very male. Claws everywhere. Have pics to back it up but will post them later. Such a shame too because his/her stalk was silver, and overall the plant was very sticky. It also had a very pleasant aroma. I still have a clone, and the clone appears to be all female, but I am bummed. I wish I didn't have to post shit like this. If anyone has any explanation or thinks I should keep and flower the clone, then speak now of forever hold your peace.

M.

Sorry to hear about one going male on you at least you have a lot more to go through . I am still looking forward to your pics

might be worth running the clone just keep an eye on her (it) if those claws grow more sacks the kill it off the only reason I say this I ran a ak out side last year when it came to sexing I was 100% sure I had a male had two claws coming out of the 5th node one each side was going to keep him to breed but he turned out full female was the weirdest thing in all my years of growing ive ever seen and the bud was clean of seeds completely messed up my plan for outside crosses and had to take a brake this year because of it

sorry for running on this thread is turning out to be a great read hope you don't mind if I see this through to the end
all the best to the both of you

SSH#10

Here she/he is:

Male at the top:

Female at the bottom:

The female hairs are hard to see because they are pointed right at the camera. Hopefully you can zoom in. Male claws should be obvious enough.

M.

SSH clones

Clones dried out and wilted. I filled the tray with water:

Here they are after 15-20 minutes:

I usually let all my plants IN VEG dry out to the point of wilting before I water them.

M.

Here is the lone male:

And his sidekick, SSH#11:

My last two seedlings to sprout, both have been raised together in air pots. Slowed the male down by pruning him way back once he showed, and since then he's been sitting in the corner enjoying whatever light/water/nutrients I give him. I was worried about the #11 for a while, but she snapped out of her funk and is growing nicely now.

M.

well that looks like a full blown male sack to me unlucky to be honest I think I would rip it out and count my luck that its only the one I don't mean to judge your growing skills but imo I think your letting the clones wilt way to extreme this may have caused the plant to turn but if its been working for you then who am I to say

well that looks like a full blown male sack to me unlucky to be honest I think I would rip it out and count my luck that its only the one I don't mean to judge your growing skills but imo I think your letting the clones wilt way to extreme this may have caused the plant to turn but if its been working for you then who am I to say

Better to under water than to over water, I was taught. Never had a plant change sex on me because of it, and to be honest, of all my plants, I never let the #10 or #11 wilt. They were two of my slowest plants. They drank less and grew small, so they were never in danger of drying out completely. Having said that, I don't doubt what you say is true. In fact, I consulted with Chimera on this and will post his response if he gives me permission. Very informative to say the least. Happy I still have a rooted clone.

M.

I'm using Floranova on SSH cuttings in bloom.
I used it on cuttings so I used it on them.Its much simpler than Flora series.
Mine are just a few days in bloom and already they're going in overdrive mode.

I'm curious what size containers you using on cuttings for bloom and how many days in bloom are yours.
They look great.

Check album from time to time.For some reason my puter gets kicked off and it can take a long time to upload several times.

Last edited:
It just 3-4 days of 12/12 and they've doubled in height.

I'm keeping ph at 8.0,RH 55-60 day,75-80 night time,0.8-0.85 ec,day temps 80-82,night 74-76.

I'm curious what size containers you using on cuttings for bloom and how many days in bloom are yours.

I root in Rapid Rooter clone plugs then transplant into 16 oz Solo cups with a 50/50 mix of Fox Farm Lightning Warrior and Fox Farm Ocean Forest. I wait until the plugs have quite a few white hairy roots showing before I put them in soil. Once transplanted, I water the soil with a light solution of Maxicrop liquid seaweed.

They have been in bloom only for a couple of days. Going to transplant them again soon into the pot (7 x 7) they will finish.

It just 3-4 days of 12/12 and they've doubled in height.

Sounds about right. That's why it's best to flower them as soon as they've rooted. Expect them to keep stretching for 2-3 more weeks. Make sure they are getting enough light, and be careful with the feeding. Some of these plants won't want or need much food at all along the way.

M.

You don't have any root issues with 7 by 7 containers?
I'm using 3 gallons just to be safe and I don't have to feed so often.
I was feeding cuttings everyday after they got enough roots and I'm feeding plants in bloom same amount.

One pheno is staying much shorter than the others and may be a bit more bushy.

You've probably tried many different strains.

Can you suggest a heavy yielder thats not so commercial?
A longer bloom doesn't matter.
So far CS has been the biggest yielder I've tried.It has some great pheno but it can get extremely pungent.
Something with a unique aroma like lemon,piney,citrusy or a mixture.

Back