Have you ever found a sativa phenotype or Indica / Sativa hybrid in Devil?

geoffrey

Hi

Have you ever found a sativa phenotype or Indica / Sativa hybrid in Devil?

I don't search a Sativa phenotype or hybride but I pop up Devil seed from Mr Nice and Chucky's Bride (C99 * Cheese) from Eskobar to make my first own seed. I think call Rosemary's Baby.
I just want to have fun in small home-breeding .

The problem, I mixed up plant and I don't know who is who.
A half of plant is very Indica and a another half look like hybrid sativa/indica.

I think the half indica would be Devil because the C99 is sativa plant.
That why, i ask you if you have found Sativa dominant or hybride Sativa/indica dominant with Devil.

Thank's for all

The pedigree of Devil is mostly afghan with a little skunk so I would think the afghan looking plants are the Devils. I just popped some for an outdoor run and the leaves are fat although the plants are still quite small. I like the “Rosemary’s Baby” name, ha ha.

The pedigree of Devil is mostly afghan with a little skunk so I would think the afghan looking plants are the Devils. I just popped some for an outdoor run and the leaves are fat although the plants are still quite small.

Thank you it reassures me in my idea.

I like the “Rosemary’s Baby” name, ha ha.

I like to. I hope found, a very good male in Devil and a beautiful female in Chucky's bride.
It's my first time, i have to choice a male to make seed.
I read it's better to use a male indica with female sativa than contrary. Is it true?
If you have some advice to choice a male, I would very happy.
But I can't keep several male to make a selection with their child

Thank's for all

I read it's better to use a male indica with female sativa than contrary. Is it true?

I’ve read that too, but I don’t know the science behind it. Ideally I think you would want to make the cross both ways, Indica to Sativa and Sativa to Indica. As far as choosing males, depending on how many you get, it’s best to use as many as you can. Sometimes I’ve chosen ones from both extremes of the expression.

If you see any with resins that aren’t showing any female parts those could be good ones. Sometimes smells help too.

Dj short wrote that it's better to use male indicas with female sativas, something about the female imparts the smell and flavor and the male determines the intensity of the smell and flavor.

It sounds good, but I bet it was just easier and quicker for him to find quality indica males. Searching for landrace sativa males indoors could be a real lesson in patience.

Neville used haze males in his famous crosses. But he didn't have much of choice considering that was what he had to work with. Didn't he say about the northern lights female let the flavors of the sativa come through in the cross?

I’ve read that too, but I don’t know the science behind it. Ideally I think you would want to make the cross both ways, Indica to Sativa and Sativa to Indica. As far as choosing males, depending on how many you get, it’s best to use as many as you can. Sometimes I’ve chosen ones from both extremes of the expression.

If you see any with resins that aren’t showing any female parts those could be good ones. Sometimes smells help too.

Dj short wrote that it's better to use male indicas with female sativas, something about the female imparts the smell and flavor and the male determines the intensity of the smell and flavor.

It sounds good, but I bet it was just easier and quicker for him to find quality indica males. Searching for landrace sativa males indoors could be a real lesson in patience.

Neville used haze males in his famous crosses. But he didn't have much of choice considering that was what he had to work with. Didn't he say about the northern lights female let the flavors of the sativa come through in the cross?

Thank you for your answers :D:D:D

I would choose the male with the most visible resin and has the best smell. (and without hermaphrodite trait). If i found that.:p:p:p

I'm a in first day of flowored.
2 of 5 Devil are female, others were not declared. The Chucky's Bride have not yet declared.

I'll give you news soon :p:p:p

Thank's for all

I'm a in first day of flowored.
2 of 5 Devil are female, others were not declared. The Chucky's Bride have not yet declared.

I'll give you news soon :p:p:p

Thank's for all

Hi

1 Chucky's Bride is mâle and 2 are female.
3 Devil are mâle and 2 are female.

mâles Devil smell stronger than the mâle Chucky's bride but the we feel mainly chlorophyll.
I'd look with 50X magnifying glass to see if there are trichomes on males.

It is very difficult to choose a good male. Maybe, the next time I need more mâle to found a very good breeding.

I'll try to cross mâle Chucky's bride with two female Devil and one mâle Devil with two female Chucky's bride.
I will test these cross next fall with the rest of Devil's seeds and Chucky's bride seeds than I have left.

Thank's and sorry for my bad english

you are in a tough scenario as I've grown devil and it can stretch more than most indicas and has an effect almost sativa like...its the only Afghan I tried that doesn't couchlock but rather imparts an uplifting, motivating, sativa type of smoke...not your typical indica as Shanti made this line quite unique

you are in a tough scenario as I've grown devil and it can stretch more than most indicas and has an effect almost sativa like...its the only Afghan I tried that doesn't couchlock but rather imparts an uplifting, motivating, sativa type of smoke...not your typical indica as Shanti made this line quite unique
I can not wait to taste it!
But visually is that the Devil's structure remains indica, with broad leaves and short internode?

I kept just one of male of Devil.
3 days ago, I have pollinate 2 femele Chucky's Bride (from Eskobar) with him.
Tonight or tomorrow, it will my male Chucky's Bride will pollinate my two female Devil.

In picture you can see 2 bud of chucky's Bride was pollinated, my two femelle Chucky's bride and the rest of the family (Blu Cheese from Female seed, Cheese from Dinafem, some G13 skunk from Mr Nice to the right and C99 from female seed at the back)

See you

Attachments

• Chucky's bride nuit de noce 001.jpg
    Chucky's bride nuit de noce 001.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Chucky's bride nuit de noce 002.jpg
    Chucky's bride nuit de noce 002.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Chucky's bride nuit de noce 003.jpg
    Chucky's bride nuit de noce 003.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 14
  • family run 001.jpg
    family run 001.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 15
  • family run 002.jpg
    family run 002.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 18
visually they tend to maintain the indica appearance in terms of tight internodes, low stretch, broad leaves, etc. Not all will have a sativa effect but most of mine tended to be excellent however the effect tended to lean on the sativa side

Back