MKaze. The best Indica ? Credit where it is due.

The Grey Man

Hello everyone. Sorry to waste your time. I just want to put this out there.

I have been on a mission to find the perfect indica so that I can just leave it there, stop having to try this and that and just stick to that indica for ever-more, leaving me free to waste my time experimenting with my true love - Central American Sativas.

The idea being that all the space for mothers and money on seeds and energy spent collecting (apparently wonder-) cuts is wasted on indicas and better spent getting to grips with a Panamanian, Columbian, Jamaican, Guatamalan or Mexican sativa instead.

I thought that I should judge an indic a on the following qualities:

1) High - or stone in a hell of a lot of cases. The best indices should get you HIGH and relaxed of body, in my opinion, not comatose!
2) Bearing in mind that indicas are really intended for hash making and if you smoke the flowers then they make your mouth taste like a cigar, however nice they are. I ranked resin quality as no 2. Flavour? Aroma? Feel of the smoke?

3) Medicinal quality is no 3. Does it enhance appetite? induce sleep? Take the edge of pain? the mind away from worries? reduce paranoia?

4) Commercial quality is no 4. Yield? Bag appeal? Stench? Can it be grown SOG? How quickly does it flower?

5) Ease of growth is no 5. Can it be gown in the greenhouse? outdoors? in a tent? how easy do the cuts root?

I tried a billion varieties of seed and a million cuttings.

Most were cheesy or skunk or fruity. They all tasted great. Some were fantastic commercial plants, some were really strong and some got me high.

What I found was that there is no 1 plant that has it all but some come really close. Really good seeds smash cuttings any day.

There was only one packet of seeds which I found had EVERYTHING - and that was MNS MasterKaze. In 1 pack you can find the perfect indica for you (amazing flavours and highs), the perfect indica for the medicine cabinet (sleepy, pain relieving and strong) and the perfect indica for everyone else (grows easy, yields fat, looks great in a bag, strong, stinky and covered in resin.)

There can never be 1 plant that tops all 3 categories (me, you and the medicine cabinet) but to find a couple of plants that 'do the job together' in the same pack is still pretty amazing.
I really liked Critical Haze but the stronger plants were not as 'kind' as the best Master-Kush plants. I basically found the best persy indica I have ever smoked in a packet of MasterKaze and a plant that did everything else in the same pack.

I don't have any reason to say any of that but credit where it is due, I suppose and I thought that since I put in all those years of study to come up with that conclusion, I may as well share my thoughts - and what better place than here?

Now I'm going to get back to 3 pure hazes (columbian leaning, I think) that I am ruining and a handful of Panamanian seeds that I am coveting!!!

My other conclusions are : Nepalese hash is best indica hash (I reckon Himalayan sativas would give better hash but haven't tried yet - I have some pure sativa seeds from high up there to try when I get the chance. I will find out then!)

People buy anything that looks good and works. It doesn't need to be cheese or skunk.

A little haze goes a long long way.

A true kush yields really badly.

The tiniest bit of indica can change a sativa massively.

Even the best indicas give you cotton-mouth, which is horrible.

The best way to smoke an indica is to turn it into hash first.

Smoke sativas, they are better.

I am just growing packs of MKaze from now on. No need to waste energy growing other packets of indica anymore.

Grey

Excellent Post

Hello everyone. Sorry to waste your time. I just want to put this out there.

I have been on a mission to find the perfect indica so that I can just leave it there, stop having to try this and that and just stick to that indica for ever-more, leaving me free to waste my time experimenting with my true love - Central American Sativas.

The idea being that all the space for mothers and money on seeds and energy spent collecting (apparently wonder-) cuts is wasted on indicas and better spent getting to grips with a Panamanian, Columbian, Jamaican, Guatamalan or Mexican sativa instead.

I thought that I should judge an indic a on the following qualities:

1) High - or stone in a hell of a lot of cases. The best indices should get you HIGH and relaxed of body, in my opinion, not comatose!
2) Bearing in mind that indicas are really intended for hash making and if you smoke the flowers then they make your mouth taste like a cigar, however nice they are. I ranked resin quality as no 2. Flavour? Aroma? Feel of the smoke?

3) Medicinal quality is no 3. Does it enhance appetite? induce sleep? Take the edge of pain? the mind away from worries? reduce paranoia?

4) Commercial quality is no 4. Yield? Bag appeal? Stench? Can it be grown SOG? How quickly does it flower?

5) Ease of growth is no 5. Can it be gown in the greenhouse? outdoors? in a tent? how easy do the cuts root?

I tried a billion varieties of seed and a million cuttings.

Most were cheesy or skunk or fruity. They all tasted great. Some were fantastic commercial plants, some were really strong and some got me high.

What I found was that there is no 1 plant that has it all but some come really close. Really good seeds smash cuttings any day.

There was only one packet of seeds which I found had EVERYTHING - and that was MNS MasterKaze. In 1 pack you can find the perfect indica for you (amazing flavours and highs), the perfect indica for the medicine cabinet (sleepy, pain relieving and strong) and the perfect indica for everyone else (grows easy, yields fat, looks great in a bag, strong, stinky and covered in resin.)

There can never be 1 plant that tops all 3 categories (me, you and the medicine cabinet) but to find a couple of plants that 'do the job together' in the same pack is still pretty amazing.
I really liked Critical Haze but the stronger plants were not as 'kind' as the best Master-Kush plants. I basically found the best persy indica I have ever smoked in a packet of MasterKaze and a plant that did everything else in the same pack.

I don't have any reason to say any of that but credit where it is due, I suppose and I thought that since I put in all those years of study to come up with that conclusion, I may as well share my thoughts - and what better place than here?

Now I'm going to get back to 3 pure hazes (columbian leaning, I think) that I am ruining and a handful of Panamanian seeds that I am coveting!!!

My other conclusions are : Nepalese hash is best indica hash (I reckon Himalayan sativas would give better hash but haven't tried yet - I have some pure sativa seeds from high up there to try when I get the chance. I will find out then!)

People buy anything that looks good and works. It doesn't need to be cheese or skunk.

A little haze goes a long long way.

A true kush yields really badly.

The tiniest bit of indica can change a sativa massively.

Even the best indicas give you cotton-mouth, which is horrible.

The best way to smoke an indica is to turn it into hash first.

Smoke sativas, they are better.

I am just growing packs of MKaze from now on. No need to waste energy growing other packets of indica anymore.

Grey

I found this really interesting and agree 100% with your take on indicas and hazes and the crossing of them. Sounds like you know exactly what you're talking about.

Like you I prefer sativas and the more pure the better but I find myself in the unfortunate situation that my new latitude I now live in has too short a season.

So now I'm having to learn far more about indicas than I ever thought I'd need to know because that's all I seem to be able to mature at the moment. Driving me crazy because I don't like weed that slows me down.

scrubdog

I like indica better just seems like there is more to the high but it don't slow me down or make me lazy I work just as hard either sativa or indica I do like sativa's its a little different and after all variety is the true spice of life but no sense growing something you don't like.

But I'd really try Durban Poison for a pure outdoor sativa says it's done like 8 weeks and no indica just 100% South African sativa sounds great for a sativa lover in colder climates as it should finish before frost I think it said September in the north which is as early as it gets unless its an auto may not be as good as nevilles haze, mango haze but just quick as hell and should be great for breeding too thai, NH or something to help speed flowering while staying pure sativa almost surprised nobody has I know it's not the strongest but too speed up good sativa's without any added indica it really sounds promising.

Scrubdog - thanks, having read some of your posts around the net, I take that as a massive compliment. I totally agree about the mongo-mongo effect of indicas like NL and even skunk. Walkabout (MNS) is a place I have found sativas that work. Trouble is that you never know what you are growing - so it's hard to actually learn anything from the experience and not all are pure sativa (though you can easily tell which and pass the others to very grateful friends.) I am experimenting with some different sativas this summer. They have been in-bred for earliness. I'll have to let you know how they go. Where I am the greenhouse is the only way to finish anything good at all. Skunk-Haze is my fall-back compromise sativa. Never fails to give.

Bluntster - I have run many a Durban in my youth. It is a guerrilla sativa! The only one I ever succeeded in finishing in my forest secret spot. Good colours and smells. Hardy but the high wasn't as good as described by my South African colleagues. Seeds came from Holland, not SA....
If a friend brought some seeds from Africa and told me they were true, un-dutchified DP I would plant 'em out!
I have a feeling that Himalayan sativas are where it's at for finding an outdoor, cold-climate sativa. The trouble is that they have been bred for smoking as hash, not flowers so I have held back so far... perhaps a himalayan crossed to a more tropical sativa would be the compromise?

Barny - I thought that The Stones would be a selection of the euphoric MKaze phenos. It isn't that all. It is an alternative indoor haze, something different from SSH or MH, more medicinal, maybe. It's not an indica.

All the plants in the MasterKaze are indicas, some having a really noticeable euphoria to them, too - but ALL indicas.

The Stones was a good lesson about 50%Haze hybrids - if you only find 1 good pheno, it is the hardiest one, not the best. You fucked all the others up!

You don't need to go for The Stones to find a MasterKush plant with a haze high. There are good head-plants in the MKaze with AMAZING flavours. They will take away your pain and give you a good euphoria to boot! If you want a sativa with MasterKush flava then try The Stones. It is much MUCH harder to grow!

Great report, I read it yesterday and it had me going hmmm. Have you grown Master Kush x Skunk from MNS? I was on the fence between MKS and Master Kaze and went with the MKS.

Durban Poison

I like indica better just seems like there is more to the high but it don't slow me down or make me lazy I work just as hard either sativa or indica I do like sativa's its a little different and after all variety is the true spice of life but no sense growing something you don't like.

But I'd really try Durban Poison for a pure outdoor sativa says it's done like 8 weeks and no indica just 100% South African sativa sounds great for a sativa lover in colder climates as it should finish before frost I think it said September in the north which is as early as it gets unless its an auto may not be as good as nevilles haze, mango haze but just quick as hell and should be great for breeding too thai, NH or something to help speed flowering while staying pure sativa almost surprised nobody has I know it's not the strongest but too speed up good sativa's without any added indica it really sounds promising.

Real Durban Poison is a big sativa. I'm not sure what that stuff is that seedbanks have. Probably some sort of cross because it has the aniseed taste still.

I've grown Durban Poison years ago from seeds hand collected on the outskirts of Durban from flowering plants. The plants were huge sativas and I was unable to control them. They were just as fickle as any sativa.

The reason Durban Poison is used for breeding is because it comes from a latitude a little cooler with shorter summers than a pure tropical. It's still a hot and dry location though. All the African sativas are very potent when grown in Africa but seem to lose some of their kick outside their country of origin. They probably need a lot of heat to finish properly.

scrubdog

I have a feeling that Himalayan sativas are where it's at for finding an outdoor, cold-climate sativa. The trouble is that they have been bred for smoking as hash, not flowers so I have held back so far... perhaps a himalayan crossed to a more tropical sativa would be the compromise?

We certainly think alike. I've been thinking exactly the same thing for a long time. I tried to do a Pahari X Thai82 but the grow was busted and I lost the genetics.

All the Himalayan plants I've grown have been awesome looking plants. They grow into trees even more than Thai or Colombian. I've just never been clear about the potency. All mine got seized halfway into flowering and I never tested it. You don't read many grows about people growing it outside and doing smoke reports on it.

I'm still working on the Thai side of the cross but I may go back to a Himalayan once I'm happy with the Thai side. At the moment I just have a mess of plants that aren't finishing properly.

The Stones was a good lesson about 50%Haze hybrids - if you only find 1 good pheno, it is the hardiest one, not the best. You fucked all the others up!

I'm so glad somebody understands about sativas!!! Very, very few people understand what you just said so eloquently. Probably the most accurately concise summary of growing a sativa that I've ever read in a single sentence.

scrubdog

Great report, I read it yesterday and it had me going hmmm. Have you grown Master Kush x Skunk from MNS? I was on the fence between MKS and Master Kaze and went with the MKS.

Thx Betterhaff, I have grown Master Kush x Skunk in my quest, yes. I can say that I had a good honest go at it, too. MKaze is much better. Shanti has improved on an already good line immensely with the MKaze. You could say that his skills as a master breeder are absolutely evident in this "25% haze" line. The 'twist of haze' is REALLY evident in some plants and comes through as a fantastic euphoria - ideal in a medicinal line (hence the genius of it all.)
The flavours, too, are better in MKaze then MKS (sorry...but you can always get a packet of MKaze and use the MKS as back-up seed stock!) I just loved it.

I actually had the pleasure of growing Master Kush when it was a stocky little F1 of 2 different kushes (way back in the day). It was really 'earthy' or like soil but in the best ever way. It made me feel like a hippy on the trail. Fantastic. (those seeds are long gone, now, unfortunately)

Last edited:
We certainly think alike. I've been thinking exactly the same thing for a long time. I tried to do a Pahari X Thai82 but the grow was busted and I lost the genetics.

All the Himalayan plants I've grown have been awesome looking plants. They grow into trees even more than Thai or Colombian. I've just never been clear about the potency. All mine got seized halfway into flowering and I never tested it. You don't read many grows about people growing it outside and doing smoke reports on it.

I'm still working on the Thai side of the cross but I may go back to a Himalayan once I'm happy with the Thai side. At the moment I just have a mess of plants that aren't finishing properly.

I'm so glad somebody understands about sativas!!! Very, very few people understand what you just said so eloquently. Probably the most accurately concise summary of growing a sativa that I've ever read in a single sentence.

scrubdog

I'm hearing you on the DP...growing a pure African weed in Northern Europe is like growing an olive tree on the patio in England. Great as a decorative plant but the fruits will NOT be worthwhile. Hence the Himalayan crosses - horses/courses and all that..I'm liking the sound of a Thai/Himalayan - I hope you have luck with yours, I'll look out for any progress. If I find anything interesting I'll be sure to let you know.

I'm also hearing you on the haze thing - if I had a penny for every time I heard even experienced growers telling me that they had "grown that haze weed and didn't think much of it" It makes me so angry. well mildly annoyed, anyway! I'm finished with angry nowadays

Last edited:
Thx Betterhaff, I have grown Master Kush x Skunk in my quest, yes. I can say that I had a good honest go at it, too. MKaze is much better. Shanti has improved on an already good line immensely with the MKaze. You could say that his skills as a master breeder are absolutely evident in this "25% haze" line. The 'twist of haze' is REALLY evident in some plants and comes through as a fantastic euphoria - ideal in a medicinal line (hence the genius of it all.)
The flavours, too, are better in MKaze then MKS (sorry...but you can always get a packet of MKaze and use the MKS as back-up seed stock!) I just loved it.

No worries, appreciate your honesty. I’m more of a sativa type guy anyway but all I can grow here are hybrids that can finish, just wanted to mix it up a little. I’ve grown some of his 25% haze hybrids and I agree with you about the umph, from what I’ve observed in both growing and the final product.

I actually had the pleasure of growing Master Kush when it was a stocky little F1 of 2 different kushes (way back in the day). It was really 'earthy' or like soil but in the best ever way. It made me feel like a hippy on the trail. Fantastic. (those seeds are long gone, now, unfortunately)

Would love to try some of those, maybe he has some in the vault (wishful thinking).

..I am just growing packs of MKaze from now on. No need to waste energy growing other packets of indica anymore...
Say Grey, I'm almost sold on this. Just a few q's please if I may...

1. Average length of 12/12 time of your favorite indica pheno?

2. If indoor, which lights did you veg and flower under?

3. Description of taste/flavor/smells during flower?

4. Yield numbers?

I'm thinking of getting another pack of seeds at some point and I've been looking at la nina, mks and mkaze. Cheers.

Last edited:
Say Grey, I'm almost sold on this. Just a few q's please if I may...

1. Average length of 12/12 time of your favorite indica pheno?

2. If indoor, which lights did you veg and flower under?

3. Description of taste/flavor/smells during flower?

4. Yield numbers?

I'm thinking of getting another pack of seeds at some point and I've been looking at la nina, mks and mkaze. Cheers.

Hey GanjaMan1,

Great to hear from you.

1) If I recall the best plants were mostly 8 weekers. My favourite wasn't more than 9 weeks and there were some 6.5 - 7 weekers in there, too. Personal taste comes into how long you leave a plant for, though, too.
2) I grew in, out and greenhouse with MKaze. (I wouldn't make such grand claims for a strain I didn't test out fully.) Indoors I used T5s in early veg and 600w HPS lights for flower. They don't need more than 600w. They can take a fair temp drop (and may even colour up.) They don't need over-feeding AT ALL. They finish outdoors in UK climate but are MUCH better in the greenhouse (I found, anyway).
3) Dank. Some were more subdued than others but it is that dank smell that you will know. When you come into the house from a trip outdoors, you will think "stench". My neighbours complained because I didn't use a filter. There was a great range of flavours but look out for the sweet, floral ones. These ones also have a kind of berry background to them. It must be from the Afghan/Haze side. I never grew the Afghan Haze but it must be FANTASTIC, flavour-wise (I'm sure someone will confirm!) I must try it one day. I can't fairly relay how great the aromas and flavours of the best of these plants is. Others are much more subdued and smell a bit like how Paracetamol tastes but nicer and resinous.
4) Indoor - Individually some yielded a bit low and some where surprisingly good. It is when you find a slightly branchier one and go for a SOG that you can really get a commercial yield indoors. It is about selection but there are some that you can really really work with indoors. Also, it has an easy shape to have multiple plant grows with and it doesn't have too much stretch which is also good.
Outdoors - single plants became as wide as they were high and yielded extremely well.
In the greenhouse the yield was mind-blowing. As was the quality. There was a little mould. Probably grower error (don't mulch!)

I would never say "don't buy this or that variety" and la nina sound great (I never grew it) but I would say buy Master Kaze. I loved it. A real demonstration of what Shanti does best.

Last edited:
Got any photos? I'm almost sold. Your posts got me. Anytime someone with experience says"best ever" I'm intrigued. Stench is usually a good lure word for me as well.

Got any photos? I'm almost sold. Your posts got me. Anytime someone with experience says"best ever" I'm intrigued. Stench is usually a good lure word for me as well.

It's possible that there are some photos from grow reports I may have written on this very site (I can't remember) but I don't keep photos of me doing illegal things at home - there's no need to build their case for them. At least make them work for their conviction rates!!!

Remember that cannabis love is a very subjective thing. SO many people will disagree with me on almost everything I ever say about anything. I can say that any indica lovers who grow this plant properly will end up smoking top top bud.

Here's a link to an outdoor grow I had.

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/master-kaze/3991-grovers-masterkaze.html

The German Shepherd Dog was called Grover. He was my best friend (as anyone who knows me will tell you.) He died of cancer not long after this photo was taken. Damn near broke my heart. I changed my name to The Grey Man after that. It still makes me sad today. Even seeing that photo has made me sad...

Last edited:
OK that's it I'm sold now. My next purchase will be mkaze which will be later this year (after I tried a couple of my shark crosses), and yeah I'll do a thread on them under my old 400w. I just seen bling bling's arm sized colas in HHG's thread too.

If it's any consolation grey, Grover's in the same place as my rotty, we called him Nelson. The way I look at it, they're in a better place and their spirits are watching over us mate ;)

Liking your outdoor work too man. Great stuff, especially for this country with our crap weather.

Im glad I grabbed 2 packs of this cross. I also think your the first person I seen to describe smells as tastes, I do it all the time and people think its fucked but how else can I clearly get it across.

Last edited:
OK that's it I'm sold now. My next purchase will be mkaze which will be later this year (after I tried a couple of my shark crosses), and yeah I'll do a thread on them under my old 400w. I just seen bling bling's arm sized colas in HHG's thread too.

If it's any consolation grey, Grover's in the same place as my rotty, we called him Nelson. The way I look at it, they're in a better place and their spirits are watching over us mate ;)

Liking your outdoor work too man. Great stuff, especially for this country with our crap weather.

Thanks for the compliment, man. Also thanks for the kind words about my dog. We all know the contract when we get a dog. It's gonna go first and you will be sad. The happiness you get whilst they are alive makes it worth while, though, hey?

I've seen HHG's MKaze grows. He know that plant like a master! Hats off to him.

Like all lines, you need to select to find the best but it's easy enough... I can't wait to see your thread.

Im glad I grabbed 2 packs of this cross. I also think your the first person I seen to describe smells as tastes, I do it all the time and people think its fucked but how else can I clearly get it across.

Many people smoke with their eyes instead of their tongues. It's why 'bag appeal' is more important than 'high' with commercial growing. It's also why purple weed is popular.

Having said that...

I do love purple weed, though - don't you?

Nice take on M.kaze.
I grow OG kush of various lineages for pretty much the same effects - it's a indica dom hybrid that at its absolute best has a hell of a sativa brain-kick, in this case from its lemon thai grandparent.

Back