2 packs and no keepers

curious101

Well I ran this line about 2yrs ago and was highly disappointed. I thought maybe the first pack was bad luck but both packs produced airy, stretchy plants that seemed nothing like an Afghani based hybrid. Lowest yielding strain ever in my garden, potency is average and not one plant from two packs were worth keeping. I ran them with a bunch of other afghan hybrids and it was by far the least impressive. MNS Devil, Nirvana Afghani, Nirvana Aurora Indica and G13/Sk...all were very impressive except NL5xAfg. Two runs and months of work was all for waste. I love MNS but advise most to stay away from this strain. It makes Nirvana look like a cannabis cup producer. I must say I can't fathom how it made the menu other than its name. Extremely thin leaves, huge stretch and low yield. Not anything I would except based on the genes, its a shame of time and space in an extremely small med garden. Thats my 2cents on the line and hope members don't attack me based on my experiences. Thanks

well I have several mns strains yet to grow but not this one. I have before resisted criticism of strains here based on earlier apparent luck but who knows things could be changing. reports of late have been more bad than good so have no reason to doubt you. Hoping my investment was not a bad one and wishing you the best of luck going forward! peace

Sorry to hear. This happened two years ago or you just grew out the last pack recently and it was bad like the first? You have been around for a long time, have you brought this to Shanti's attention? I would think he would want to be aware and to help in whatever way is fit. I never tried this strain. Its funny I always took this one for granted as a slam dunk. Appreciate your honesty.

well I have several mns strains yet to grow but not this one. I have before resisted criticism of strains here based on earlier apparent luck but who knows things could be changing. reports of late have been more bad than good so have no reason to doubt you. Hoping my investment was not a bad one and wishing you the best of luck going forward! peace

At it again Space Toker. I knew you were a troll from the start. You haven't even grown out what you have but you're all over the boards hinting at bad MNS genetics and repeating hearsay.

Grow what you have and show us all what your abilities really are instead of talking crap all over the place. You're a shit stirring troublemaker as far as I'm concerned.

You're also a bloody hypocrite. You come on here bitching about MNS genetics and hinting that Shanti doesn't know what he is doing when Shanti has grown thousands and thousands of plants but you can't even get around to growing the pitiful few seeds you have.

Take your poisonous attitude somewhere else.

scrubdog

Last edited by a moderator:
At it again Space Toker. I knew you were a troll from the start. You haven't even grown out what you have but you're all over the boards hinting at bad MNS genetics and repeating hearsay.

Grow what you have and show us all what your abilities really are instead of talking crap all over the place. You're a shit stirring troublemaker as far as I'm concerned.

You're also a bloody hypocrite. You come on here bitching about MNS genetics and hinting that Shanti doesn't know what he is doing when Shanti has grown thousands and thousands of plants but you can't even get around to growing the pitiful few seeds you have.

So fuck you mate. Take your poisonous attitude somewhere else.

scrubdog

He did say Devil and G13/Sk were impressive? Doesn't sound like he's slamming MNS in general? Maybe he speaks the truth about what he found in NL5/Afg? I personally know some who went through multiple packs of the new NL5/Hz and did not find anything they considered a keeper.

I really haven't really seen much in the way of good reports about the new NL5 crosses?

Sorry to hear. This happened two years ago or you just grew out the last pack recently and it was bad like the first? You have been around for a long time, have you brought this to Shanti's attention? I would think he would want to be aware and to help in whatever way is fit. I never tried this strain. Its funny I always took this one for granted as a slam dunk. Appreciate your honesty.
The second grow just came to completion in the last 4-6wks where the first pack was two years ago and both produced the same poor traits i discussed earlier...
I am not knocking the whole MNS line up as i feel Devil, G13/Sk, MangoWidow, SSH, Nordle, ASH, NL5xHz, Shark Shock and CBD Nordle are excellent and have graced my garden atleast once some a lot more than one time. I prefer Aghan dominant buds as you can tell from most o the selection above. MW, SSH and NL5xHz had some excellent top notch keepers. SSH and MW produced the best smoke in years and tons of plants worthy of a few runs through the grow room. NL5xHz made the cut but most were very indica dominant which was a trait I liked and only had one plant take more than 10wks and it was a 16wk Haze dom with a low yield and electric buzz that was too overpowering for me and kinda wigged me out! So as you can tell MNS genetics offer excellent lines but not every one is gonna win a cannabis cup if you feel what i'm saying. Much love

***Please keep this thread civil everyone. If you don't have anything constructive to say in a civil manner then don't bother posting. Thanks***

Last edited:
thanks for your info curious 101
Do u have any pics of these not so lovely ladies ?
I have a pack in the vault so feed back from people who have grown this strain is important .NL5 xAF

truth

why doesn't anyone give us photo's to back up there claim??? I no you might not want to take a photo of nothing worth while but if your gonna come here complaining bring back up...that's what i'll do from now on.....ive had nothing but good luck with shantis genetics there if not the best up there with the best infact tell me 1 breeder in the game now who will hands down have a better menu of such a high standard......

Something fishy.....

i had 7 NL5xAfg girls and was not impressed at all! The plants were tall and very stretchy, very thing long bud formation, not a whole lot of yield...I would not grow it again for certain and think MNS has better lines that will give you more positive traits than the 5xAfg from my experience, i love indicas and felt this strain lacked potency compared to other indicas

Interesting... So two packs and only 7 females.....

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/nl5-x-af...oors-1-m%B2-400w-mh-veg-600w-hps-bloom-2.html

Nice grow here with a true sample size... 1/12 sativa leaning... Couple nl5 dom... The others and selected afghan dom...

I grew this both in and outside. Be careful because for some reason my were very stretchy generally when grown indoors yet the same pheno stayed very short outdoors. I don't know if it was light spectrum, intensity, etc. but indoors she can get a bit stretchy,
Extra veg can be good but at the same time bad depending on pheno. Good smoke indoors, killer smoke outdoors.

I just noticed you are growing these outside, o this will be a great thread.

This is you talking about your devil plants stretching indoors.... Did you only grow the nl5 afg indoors?? Perhaps your indoor setup is prone to stretchier plants???

Have you seen the pictures of nl5afg from charm?? Hardly stretchy sativas...

Honestly curious your post history is enough to say it all. Constantly involved in what i like to call the "black holes" of the mns forum...

Multiple growers reporting indie dom plants with powerful indica smoke and on top of that they have the pics to back it up....

Once again as the MNS testers start to finish and the hype around MNS and CBD crew grows and a positive wave of genetics is released from the MNS camp along come the flurry of threads claiming hermi this or false genetics that....

Does it ever get old people???

If you like growing MNS gear and enjoy posting on these forums than make a positive effort to keep it nice....

Shanti has said it multiple times... Theres plenty other seed companies and forums out there for this kind of nonsense... No one is forcing you to grow MNS or to post here.

I wish you the best in your growing adventures but these kinds of threads truly make no sense to me.... Complete unadulterated heresay...

Got pics?? Got proof?? 36 seeds and not a single indica.... Give me a break...

Buy me a pack of nl5 x afg and ill grow it out from seed to finish with pictures documenting the entire project.... Me thinks i might be able to find "one" indica dominant plant....

Would you mind talking a little about your setup??? Size, watts, medium, ya know... The basics....

Ive had a strong theory about MNS genetics for a while... Either shanti himself picks out the people who truly deserve herm genetics in their garden or the plants themselves just truly know that the grower just doesnt deserve to see the true representation....

What happened c101?? Your early posts are so positive and ambitious... Then circa 2011-2012 your posts seem to mimick all the filth and hatred that filled this forum in what i like to call the "dark times".....

Take a page out of jaybutta/morphotes book and change your outlook, perspective, lifestyle whatever and try and bring some happiness into this world instead of the unwarranted attack on a man and a company that has been nothing but "NICE".....

What is civil and constructive about attacking genetics and a breeder without any facts or proof???

Please take the negativity elsewhere as we have made great progress here at MNF in the last year and this is truly a step backwards.

Proof is not only in the seeds... But also in pictures...

Do the research and make up your own minds... If you want to grow something out... Grow it... If you dont... Then dont...

If your expecting to pop one seed and find the next (insert elite clone name here) then ive got some beach front property in south dakota i would love to sell you:..

Keep it postive..:.

All the best to everyone and even you C101... I hope you find what your searching for....

Og

Edit: i just wanted to add a couple things and especially a link to charm's thread...
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/nl5-x-afghan/8720-nl5xafghan.html

Again only half a pack and still finding indica plants... Now charm also found a hermi or two and notice how the situation is handled... An admittance of an old weak bulb and not dialing the nutrients to the best level... Seed runs are far from perfect and even the best growers can admit fault... Its people that are convinced they are perfect growers that upset me... Every single plant is different and when growing a brand new strain how can you expect to knock it out of the park on the first try??

Will not be posting in these kinds of threads again...

Sorry for your troubles with this strain...

Og*****

Last edited:
it works both ways, if members are not aloud to post bad or poor experiences then the forum is a fail as the forum is a big part of "mr nice seedbank and research" which is the banner name of the homepage, notice the "research" part of it

posts as well as threads have been deleted over time and even lately people are frowned upon when posting their bad or poor results with claims they must be a troll ect ect

lets be fair here people, its a 2 way street and there is often good with the bad or bad with the good

This is true man, I have been chastised for even suggesting that there could be anything to the claims of negative reports/results. I have chastised others elsewhere for the same. I don't support trolling or bad-mouthing with little or no proof, but by all means if real proof is provided with pics and other hard proof, did I just say proof 3 no now 4 times? Forgive me but you know what I am saying. Information is good spam/trolling is not, if it is real info good or bad that is a benefit to us all. If something is wrong, it can then be corrected. So I support the truth, I could have just summed it up with that, sorry! :D

i have been here a long time and don't feel i have been negative to the forum...this second run had 10gals so 17gals total is my experience with this strain, my Aurora stayed very short and same can be said for the discontinued Nirvana Afghani. I did like the Devil specimens this time around but the NL5's went stretch crazy just like the first round. Plants don't tend to stretch much in my room as SSH and others have been grown with no stretch issues. 600w light, organic soil, PureBlendPro in a 3x3x7ft room. Light is air cooled with a 6inch vortex and temps are between 75-80F depending on the time of year. I am no perfect grower but those seem like great grow conditions with more than enough air exchange and lighting. Don't know what else to say but thats been my experience, I guess in the future if I hate a line I won't mention it, only the one's that fizzle!

hey curious,
what was the overall quality of the flowers?
I understand they stretched too much indoors but did you get loaded when you smoked the finished flowers?

just curious

ax

Mine where pretty good smoke not my favorite or nothing potency wasn't no joke either and they where frosty all around it was good smoke taste was good just not no keeper flavor for me but for someone else there's a good chance cause it was nice. they did have a bit of a stretch but no way I'd say sativa not after mango haze now that girl has some sativa in her.

this isn't a cult! we can't automatically attack members when they say something against our Great Leader's gifts.

Attachments

• freak.jpg
    freak.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 7
this isn't a cult! we can't automatically attack members when they say something against our Great Leader's gifts.

Amen! Pun partially intended! ;) I hope that is what I tried to get across in post #11. On one hand, 2 packs does not mean any strain is great or otherwise, on the other hand it does seem like awfully bad luck! So, this together with others results can speak to whether something is wrong or not. Thanks for being one step in that process!

Atleast you were honest enough to come back and not end this thread on a bad note! Curing a plant for a few months sometimes makes all the difference

Props to you Curious. That's what we need here. Honesty. Sometimes nature throws a curveball that is out of the strike zone and we get called out looking, That sucks. The silver lining is that the Commissioner here takes instant replay very serious and makes things right.

Back