what is the best pheno ??

Its my own selection ;)
Its from a very smart breeder from Prague ;) but I think the seed bank exist no more but had a cooperation with some Canadians
When its allow hope some old rabbits can tell me than I post the name from the seedbank.
But you see it in the picture i show in the monthly contest take a look and enjoy

Its my own selection ;)
Its from a very smart breeder from Prague ;) but I think the seed bank exist no more but had a cooperation with some Canadians
When its allow hope some old rabbits can tell me than I post the name from the seedbank.
But you see it in the picture i show in the monthly contest take a look and enjoy

haha nice job man very nice plant, might have lineage from master kush since it's not from usa who really knows ?

nice job, can't wait to see the buds themselves:D

I think you on the right way with this strain but always a suprise with each pack
I think Ortega and nl5x afghan also nice one for you but iam sure you will find one in mks strain because you had a pic in your head but its like real life some times you must make a compromise.
But for secure take also clones from the one you don't think that's the right because in the flower most strains very different to veg stage;)

Thanks, FW I,m flattered. Did you check out my thread on MKS? some pics of the outdoor and some other good info on this strain.

oh yeah. did read yiur thread, very nice read with capn, i've seen them planted outdoors, they do well so far but im more interesting in looking at when it's going to be done, we both live in a cold place :)

i was disapointed by all of this, by reading forums i thiought shanti's descriptions where always accurate

look at what it was saying :

Usually, the flowering time will be in the faster range of 6 weeks, but one will find certain phenotypes that will finish in 8/9 weeks

Northern Hemisphere between Sep and early October

if these phenotypes are common you and capn were probably unlucky or maybe theres no interesting 6 week pheno, i just find very strange to read usually it's in the faster range of 6 week lol

maybe he means it's common to find one champ in a pack that is nice and flowers in 6 weeks, in a pack of 18, i might ask him

peace

If I remember correctly Shanti said the MK pheno was 10 week , wider node spacing , triangle shaped buds and rotten pine cone smell .
The skunk phenos will yeild great and be more bushy
good luck
I just harvested my MKS#7

very thanks for the nice feedback is good to hear ;)
I mean sometimes you had luck to find what you search in one pack sometimes you must buy 2-3 extra package off beans when you not lucky with the best plant.
but that you can only know when you flower your plant to the end.
And one thing these are beautiful plants sometimes its very interresting to see a long flower one but I think you think like me its always five to have a quickmother for personel stock when the smoke reserves goes to end
Shinny day
NTH

I composed this as a reply to a PM and figured some may benefit from sharing it here.

Most vendors understate the time for the flowers to mature, and maturity is certainly subjective ;-) There are differences in effect at different stages of florescence, and different people enjoy picking at the time to get their specific desired effect. Then there is the question of "from clone" vs "from seed", indoorv outdoor, hydro v solid, etc. Basically, there are too many variables for the numbers to be meaningful the way they are used here.

So what can you really expect?

Consider that the MKS strain is an F1 hybrid of 2 different strains. Assume the progeny will not be faster to mature than the fastest of its 2 parents.

Lets say for discussion sake that the MNS strain "Shit" is representative of the skunk strain used.

So, Shanti says Shit has phenos that come in at ~7 weeks. I think most people would say it comes in at 8 weeks but I bet there are 7 week phenos in there. The question is, what kind of skunk male did he use against his masterkush hybrid female to make these seeds? A 7 week or a later 8 week?

The Masterkush side is actually a hybrid of 2 "kush" strains. I believe one is more of a classic hashy Afghan (not the same as the Jim Ortega or NL sourced genetics used as afghans in many MNS hybrids) and the other a more sativa/kush strain.
The strain description says 7 to 9 weeks.

Within F1 offspring, you typically see expressions distributed like:
25% Mother dominant phenos
50% Hybrid phenos (mostly dominant traits expressed)
25% Father dominant phenos

This suggests that 25% of the offspring will have a finish time similar to the skunk parent.

I don't want to guess what kind of skunk male Shanti picked to make this cross, but the influence on flower time depends on the specific male he used, not a general range of flowering time for a strain.

If you want a fast MNS strain, Early Skunk would be your best bet. After that, Ortega, Nordle, etc.
You can pull fast phenos from an MKS run, but if fast is your primary goal, there are better options.

cptn
Hope this helps.

I composed this as a reply to a PM and figured some may benefit from sharing it here.

Most vendors understate the time for the flowers to mature, and maturity is certainly subjective ;-) There are differences in effect at different stages of florescence, and different people enjoy picking at the time to get their specific desired effect. Then there is the question of "from clone" vs "from seed", indoorv outdoor, hydro v solid, etc. Basically, there are too many variables for the numbers to be meaningful the way they are used here.

So what can you really expect?

Consider that the MKS strain is an F1 hybrid of 2 different strains. Assume the progeny will not be faster to mature than the fastest of its 2 parents.

Lets say for discussion sake that the MNS strain "Shit" is representative of the skunk strain used.

So, Shanti says Shit has phenos that come in at ~7 weeks. I think most people would say it comes in at 8 weeks but I bet there are 7 week phenos in there. The question is, what kind of skunk male did he use against his masterkush hybrid female to make these seeds? A 7 week or a later 8 week?

The Masterkush side is actually a hybrid of 2 "kush" strains. I believe one is more of a classic hashy Afghan (not the same as the Jim Ortega or NL sourced genetics used as afghans in many MNS hybrids) and the other a more sativa/kush strain.
The strain description says 7 to 9 weeks.

Within F1 offspring, you typically see expressions distributed like:
25% Mother dominant phenos
50% Hybrid phenos (mostly dominant traits expressed)
25% Father dominant phenos

This suggests that 25% of the offspring will have a finish time similar to the skunk parent.

I don't want to guess what kind of skunk male Shanti picked to make this cross, but the influence on flower time depends on the specific male he used, not a general range of flowering time for a strain.

If you want a fast MNS strain, Early Skunk would be your best bet. After that, Ortega, Nordle, etc.
You can pull fast phenos from an MKS run, but if fast is your primary goal, there are better options.

cptn
Hope this helps.

thanks alot for the great indepth reply, i understand that you mean that finding a nice fast keeper is not the easiest thing with masterkush an dthat i should look elsewhere if i want speed.

i might try early queen and early skunk, and i noticed there are phenos of shark shock that finishes in 45 days, i also noticed that shit might have phenos that does just that.

may i ask why you would consider ortega or nordle, both says they need more flowering time than master kush?

im trying to find strains that have some nice phenos that can finish before october :)

Back