Incredible ASH !

I wish I had room to run em all at the same time, but I only have space for 3-4 plants in bloom at a time.

I had planned to save EQ til winter so they will probably be run in the exact order you mentioned - but ASH was a Spring Cleaning auction, so I will have to run it several times looking for that perfect pheno to keep around. :)

Thank you for the phenotype information from your grow. I must say, they look mouth watering. Can't wait for the smoke report.

Great grow MegaWatts.This is a strain ive been seriously considering for an outdoor grow under cover,my main problem with that is a height restriction of 2.1 metres or near 7 feet.Do you think i could train this strain with a mixture of super cropping & tieing down?I still might go for a smaller faster finishing strain like Nordle or Shark Shock because of the major police helicopter presence in my area & shameless neighbours but im not used to these types & ASH looks just like what ive been growing for 15 years.
Ive read all the ASH threads but it seems all the southern hemisphere growers of ASH have deleted their pics & seem to be guests only.
Did i read correctly on weights of 3 to 4 3/4 pound per plant?Was that wet or dry?Any info would be appreciated.....chrz birdbrain

Great grow MegaWatts.This is a strain ive been seriously considering for an outdoor grow under cover,my main problem with that is a height restriction of 2.1 metres or near 7 feet.Do you think i could train this strain with a mixture of super cropping & tieing down?I still might go for a smaller faster finishing strain like Nordle or Shark Shock because of the major police helicopter presence in my area & shameless neighbours but im not used to these types & ASH looks just like what ive been growing for 15 years.
Ive read all the ASH threads but it seems all the southern hemisphere growers of ASH have deleted their pics & seem to be guests only.
Did i read correctly on weights of 3 to 4 3/4 pound per plant?Was that wet or dry?Any info would be appreciated.....chrz birdbrain

hi birdbrain,

You can control your height through the amount of veg time you give the plants. If ASH does not exceed 3 feet tall then you would have no prob being under 7 feet at the end. but if your veg goes longer tying down your plants and training them horizontally would be a good option. BTW that was dry weight. ASH is a great strain !!

up in smoke

So I could really wait much longer and decided to try one the phenos I had a lot of interest in. One of the ASH had a very particular smell that I had not found up until this point. If I were to describe it I would say its a sour smell. But its way more then that hard to describe in words. Sour spicy ??? dill pickle ? Anyways busted up a nug and WOWEEE what a ride. The smoke was much like the smell and left a sour note in the back of ur throat, again kinda hard to describe. Maybe it was the afghan being pungent and coming through in the smoke. This transitioned into a smooth tasty smoke at the end.(needed more cure time perhaps) The high soon came rolling in and it was pretty intense. Very up clear high with an overall uplifting body buzz along with slight visuals. I was outside at the time and I pretty much starred at the tall trees for like seemed for a while but in reality prob 45m lol I had to sit down. It was like they were moving but not kinda like the beginning of a shroom trip. The high then turned into a very peaceful almost introspective high that had no burn out at all. All the while instantly relieving ALL muscle tension and pain I had. The pain relief lasted long after the high was over.

I did talk with shanti about the sour pheno I found, he says its one that with a 3-6 month cure would go from a nice plant to a great plant. After this short cure I completely agree ! This plant is pure medicine ! Just a great strain all around from the high to the REAL medicinal effects felt from this plant. This is one I will keep for as long as I can. Thanks to shanti for bringing this great strain into being.

The best part is I have 4 more phenos to try ! :D:D:D

ASH

Thanks so much Megawatts for sharing with us!! Anyone like me who was considering this strain just got convinced! Seems to have it all. What a yield!!:D
Hats off to your expert growing!!

Thanks so much Megawatts for sharing with us!! Anyone like me who was considering this strain just got convinced! Seems to have it all. What a yield!!:D
Hats off to your expert growing!!

Must agree with the expert growing statement & im sure you "stonesplitter"like myself would not just say that if it was'nt justified & yeah sure convinced me what strain im gonna try.Im surprised there is not more pages acknowledging this awesome grow.

Thanks stonesplitter, birdbrain, alicakes for stopping in to check out this thread and the very nice comments ! iam honored Its so great to be in a forum like this one !
Glad everyone enjoyed the pics

Thanks !!!!!

Good job. How long did you veg? I haven't tried this strain, have it in storage, but only have a 3'.5" height to grow it. How soon would you suggest I flower to keep it in my height requirement?

Hey mo
depending on the pheno i noticed an average stretch on these. but if you only have 3.5ft (i hope this is to the bottom of ur bulb) I would give little veg time as these would soon overgrow your height and all u will have is burnt plants. if from seed i would say 2 weeks if from a cutting, go a week and flip and see how it all works out.

hope this helps

l.e.d.

l.e.d. - we have experienced a noticeable lack of stretch when using these (kessil 360 model).

Great thread, great finish. Amazing yield. Wow.:D

Beautiful plants, my sentiments exactly!

I am a bit of a nob or is is newb or either would do? ;) I know so little despite doing this for a while. This was indoor? What type of medium and grow technique? I'd be doing very good to get your per plant yield off of 4 lamps! :D
After all this time, I still am not really sure what supercropping is and when to use that vs a different technique (lst is bending and tying down right?). And what is supersoil? I think I keep not getting something right in the soil recipe, so I could use a good one of those. anyway, great job!

Wow

Mega watts those are some awesome looking plants my friend, I want to try some ash outdoors this coming season I not hope I can do half as good as you did.
Keep up the great work and thanks for posting we always like looking at huge plants even if we get that green eyed envy (joking glad you did brother)
The doc

Back