Dreamtime - 2013

Yes something of an insider one that, thanks for clarifying for our global community, but old Pierre seemed pretty liberal, I bet he himself enjoyed the occaisional puff, like to think so at least :)

I noticed something a little odd with a couple of my clones that I took.

One clone is normal but the other is triploid!

It looks like they are both going to make it, roots seem to be developing but this strikes me as odd, anyone ever seen this before?

It's dark in the room now but I'll check later to see if there is any evidence of this on the parent plant.
:confused:

EDIT:BTW both clones from the same plant, I don't know if that was obvious.

Attachments

• DSCF9109.JPG
    DSCF9109.JPG
    400.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Yep that can happen, I have one that does that , not MNS though, but it splits producing doubles and occaisionally 3 way. usually the 2 way dominates. You'll see when it grows out a bit I guess, gives more buds so thats good! Should make a good clone/mother that one:) The one I have is revegged and flowering now but it is just loaded with shoots. Its a good trait IME.

@stonesplitter - thanks for the feedback, I checked the seed plant last night and it does have that tendency but it's only on the occasional branch or leaf. It is a beautiful plant ans one of my favourites right from the start. DT 12

It looks like nine of my ten clones will make it, they are under light now no more misting and tenting. The one that didn't make it is my fault, I read somewhere that after a week you can sort of wiggle the plant up and down and if the soil around it is disturbed it shows that roots are present.

Bad advice! the plant almost immediately wilted and it looks like it won't pull through. Luckily it was a duplicate :)

Update
All DT girls are doing fine, two NHS removed from the room because they are males the remaining NHS aren't too inspiring.
DT8 the first to sprout is now the shortest at 24" and DT1 the last to sprout is the tallest at 33", interesting.
So here's a group shot.
dt-all.jpg

And I thought this was interesting, the two remaining NHS plants (hopefully they are girls), look how different the leaves are!
nhs-leaves.jpg

The two remaining NHS plants are real runts and at this point are just taking up space, the confirmed males are beautiful.

At the risk on hi-jacking my own thread I had to post this because I thought weezy would like it.
I needed a quick place to put some plants, in-laws came and are here for about a week which required some quick jigging.

dscf9143.jpg

Two sheets of corrugated plastic in a pool.
dscf9145.jpg

Hang a light inside.
dscf9148.jpg

Makes a nice place to raise some young uns.

Notice the home made seedling warmer made from wine heater bands and corrogated plastic.

I'm such a hillbilly :)

Ok ahem, (clears throat) now an update on my grow. All the Dreamtimes are doing friggin awesome! Of the NHS one male got squashed when a board fell on it, the other is outside in the yard. One NHS female is outside (runt 1) and the other has finally showed a tiny flower (runt 2). The plants outside are experiments, I'm curious to see what will try to eat them and how they will fare.
dscf9154.jpg

So check out NHS#4 in front, that's what I mean about it being a runt NHS# and #4 are both like this, no side branches and not impressive the male on the other hand look amazing and bushy, one day I'll run the rest of the pack and see what they look like.

dscf9153.jpg

I'll be able to raise the lights about 12 more inches before I have a problem.
dscf91491.jpg

DT1 was getting quite tall so as a demonstration to the others, DT1 was restrained using a piece of electrical wire, this will only be on for a few days.

dscf91511.jpg

DT1 is pushing out lots of blossoms right now.
dscf9152.jpg

This is DT12, an exceptional plant right from the start.

Looking good Barnman! I'm away from home for another week so concerned about my own, but they usually survive in the well watered tubs.
So You had no males at all of the DTs ?? They all look nice, yes they seem to grow tall, at least mine are/were.. I would think they have just about finished their 12/12 jump now so you will hopefully get by with some bending to the side as you have already started.
Yes tugging on the rooting clones can break the roots, seedling same thing. You came out of it fine it seems.
Actually sorry to see the NHS didn't do as well for you.. strange. Keep up the good work , hope they like the outdoors.. I'm keen to get back and get some put out..

So things are chugging along with the Dreamtimes, I figure by mid June I might be able to remove a few of the gals to make room for the freeekin Grail! soaking ins water right now.

Here are a few pics, it's getting real perty what with flowers appearing and all!
dt1-2.jpg

dt1-1.jpg

dt12-1.jpg

Planting the Grail Widow tomorrow! :)
grail-beans2.jpg

THe dreamtimes budding up fast there for sure. I left mine vegging while away and now they're going out or into the flower chamber. Nice grail seeds!

THe dreamtimes budding up fast there for sure. I left mine vegging while away and now they're going out or into the flower chamber. Nice grail seeds!

@stonesplitter - I'm really anxious to see how your DT's are coming along, do you still have one with crazy FAT leaves or are the leaves thinning out as it grows?

Hermies

Yup it looks like I have a few plants going hermie on me.

A few days ago I left a small florescent light on by accident so they never actually had a night time so they would have had 36 hours of continuous light. The big lights still switched but the small light is manual. One of the hazards of gardening while stoned:confused:

Also, I have never grown in this room in the summer and last fall/winter I couldn't keep it warm enough, now I'm seeing the room temps get up to 36C, which it think is too hot.

So the combination of those two stresses could easily have messed up an otherwise solid plant.

Not all plants are affected so it is another useful comparison.

As it stands right now.
DT1 seems to be the worst and DT1 seems to be very near the end, maybe as little as a week. The hairs (are they called pistils?) are mostly red to brown but the trichs are not really getting very amber yet but in my limited experience things can change rapidly toward the end.

DT3 is also quite riddled with nanners, particularly toward the top, it seems to be behind DT1, I'm guessing maybe another week longer.

DT11 has only a few nanners and really doesn't look like it's anywhere near finished.

I'm not going to pull them out of the room just yet, if I get a few seeds I'm not too concerned and none of this is for sale, all personal. :) If I fucked up, this is how we learn.

So probably tomorrow I will be planting a couple of the clones in some carefully prepared holes on my property. I think I will be going with DT1 and see if it hermies outdoors, I will also take another cutting off of DT1 once it's established. The other plant would be DT6, these two were chosen mostly because they seem to be quick finishers and that suits my location and both of the clones are very healthy looking.

It's worth noting that the two NHS that I put outside are doing really well. They have survived frost, high winds, thunderstorms and nothing seems to be trying to eat them yet.

Fun times!

Ok so I have smoked a few samples from low down on the plants, there are so many different looking girls here, I think I have quite a menglemoose. :)

So far I have take small lower buds from DT1, DT12, DT3 and DT6

It's not worth commenting on taste, samples were dried in a paper bag on top of the lights.

DT12 - nice relaxing smoke, very indica stone and left me feeling a little bit detached from my body.
DT3 - made me tired - this one hermied too so it's not moving forward, I don't think it's what I'm looking for.
DT1 - not yet tested, but it's worth noting that the clone from this plant (even though it hermied) has been planted outside for further evaluation, it looks like a good yielder and very resinous so worth looking at again.
DT6 - holy crap! this is why I decided to write this post.

I have been smoking for 39-40 years, never a crazy heavy smoker (ok maybe a little heavy) I have been and currently am a daily smoker, usually one joint at the end of the day. I haven't had a lot of named strains, it's whatever a buddy can score and at least twice I have had medical MJ from a dispensary, which was very good.

Last night I smoked a cigarette sized joint of DT6 which I may rename to 'Giggle', my wife had some red wine, she doesn't partake. Effects were immediate, at first I felt stuck to my chair but then I went to look around the garden with my wife and discovered I could actually move. :)

My wife and I were soon not really able to converse but I didn't want to talk anyway, she proceeded to check Facebook and I tried to play piano.

I could make a sound with the piano but it was completely foreign to me and I usually like to sit down a play a bit after joint. At some point I started giggling uncontrollably all by myself, this has never happened to me before. I tried to put some ice cream in a bowl and it was all I could do to accomplish that, everything was just hilarious, I had tears! We tried to watch TV together but everything just made me laugh.

Anyway, that gives you an idea, I was completely looped and I'm curious if a smaller joint might have been a better idea. This morning my wife was a little pissed at me and said 'I hope you don't smoke that again' while I'm thinking, wow imagine a whole room full of that stuff.

DT6 clone is currently planted outside, assuming it flourishes, I will be taking some cuttings.

I am still finding it hard to believe that I got that wasted and I will try to do a proper smoke test on this one at harvest time. It smells so yummy lemony, very resinous and the leaves and flowers are delicate compared to most of the others, I will snap a picture tomorrow evening.

Anyway it's kind of embarrassing, obviously I am a lightweight with many years experience. :)

Last edited:
yeah the sativas here @ mns are incredible :)

fun read first thing in the morning Barn, thanks

maybe you got some nl5 haze?

Just a quick note, a while back I planted an NHS male outside. The plant had been stressed, having 24 hours light then 18 then 16 then into 12/12 then it revealed itself as a male and was taken outside.

Outside the plant was exposed to frost, bugs, high winds knocked it over many times while it was still in the pot until I finally dug a hole and put it in the ground. The ground was gravelly and not very nice for a plant.

Anyway, long story short. The plant is thriving, it's three days before the solstice and yesterday I noticed that there are lots of female flowers showing!

So I really don't know what to make of this but it is fascinating to say the least. :)

stoner in the barn !

Hey man, been away /busy for a while. Glad to hear you got such a gem in the DT.I like your description of the effects of that one.. good you got clones. I have just posted to my threads. I got 3 males and one female out of the 4 but Bingo , the fatleafed favorite is a big healthy girl now at 4 wks of 12/12 . the males have become a good source of pollen and one is outside..
Too bad about the hermies, you still got lots of pure females its seems.. both the DT and the NHS gave me 3 out of 4 males after a good long vegg. This is high IME but still happy as clones taken and males a study in itself. Keep us posted with some pics of how your plants finished up. Yes 36 way too hot. Some things hard to control. I prefer cellar rooms for that reason, more stable year round. 18-26 C range.
Attaching pic of my favorite Dreamtime male(smallest but nice colour/shape/aroma)

Attachments

• SANY1311.JPG
    SANY1311.JPG
    836.9 KB · Views: 25
I will try to get some pics up of the Dreamtimes in the next couple of days. A couple will probably be pulled soon, keeping an eye on the trich colour a couple are still producing flowers so flowering has gone longer than I expected, but that seems to be typical. :) The NHS in the corner has surprised me.;)

@wicked1 - well in my case the hermies were caused by my own stoned stupidity. It hasn't gotten any worse and I don't think there are any seeds, to be sure these gals have had to endure some stress under my care :)

It's all good.

Back