Z7 cbd test grow

Ishence

Hi fellas,

this is a cbd test grow about 7 Z7 seeds Jaime gave me last summer that i finally drop in the dirt the 13th of December 2011. Six of them sprout and all were nice and branchy plants that i left untopped to see how they grew up.
As i said this is a test grow to learn more on this strain.

fotoifa006.jpg

When the plants were ready for the 12/12 i had a talk whit jaime and i showed him some pics of the plants he told me to prune them but it was too late already..i made it anyway for two of them to see the results.Also said that he prefer to leave them in a pot not too big like the white one i used(25lts)...now i know...unless you put them in outdoor it is better leave them in a 10lts pot...they like it small for the indoor.

This is a clone of my best one and is loving a 5.5lts pot at the moment. It is the first week of 12/12 and tomorrow i'll repot in a 10lt pot.

new045.jpg

this is her mother in the greenhouse...almost ready to go!!

new2008.jpg

i'm tempted to bite her sometimes...

new2011.jpg

Now my plans are to test all the six plants to see which cannabinoids ratios they have.
I've already choosen my favourite one for the smell and the bud structure but i'm curious to make a deep test of each one as i will do for my others plants.

Ishence

Last edited:
Hi all,

the six z7 plants' samples will be analyzed with Thin Layer Cromathography by Energy Control when they will be dry enough to be tested (at least four weeks).
This to detect mainly the thc:cbd ratios and quantities of any plant and see the differences in the phenotipes.

Later in this thread i will talk more about Energy Control collective and the precious service they are doing for the community.

I have some clones of any plant in veg and some flowering to see how they bloom after a early topping and a severe lollipopping, they love to be pruned.
I do hope that the z7#1 that is the plant in the pics above is also the Hi cbd one because i love her perfume...

Green Moments

Ishence

From my experience with the Z7, the "berry" smelling phenos are the CBD rich ones, while the "orange peel" phenos are the THC dominant ones.

Bloody lovely strain, both phenos!

realy looking forward to individual smoke reports , especially since you are having each one tested , should make for a very professional type smoke report

peace :cool:

I'm glad to see some interest to this test.

Grooveh, since i read your post about the wildberry pheno is the rich cbd one i'm really crossing my fingers that your experience is right. When i step into the pool (full of different plants in blooming) i can only smell this wildberry candy flavor like you are smelling a whole candyshop!!!The tests will tell us the truth!!
I also like the other 5 z7's resin production but i'm not really happy about bud production. Probably i did some mistakes with them as i was testing how they grow naturally without pruning but the final product is poor for my standards.I'm sure they want more light to flower properly...they still need a second change to grow in better conditions and a smoke test will tell us more about them!

Bob, this is what this thread was born for...All the 6 plants will be tested by me and some expert palette (see this strain's creators). this will be done as a blind smoke test...the laboratory test will come later so we can play with our senses to find the cbd richer among the others....i know it is an hard task but someone must do it eheh!!

I know and you all should know that is not only the genetic factor that determines the actual cbd quantity on the plant.There are others equally important factors like the groving conditions, the harvest time and the curing playing a big role in the final cbd amount. There is also a quite big difference if you test a cola bud or a pop corn bud on the same plant.
On the other hand the thc:cbd ratio is fully controlled by the plant's genes so it is for that we are analyzing young seedling to find a good thc:cbd ratio earlier in the vegetative state.

For that reason i grew them organically in organic soil with all the same nutes and i give them the same groving conditions to better understand the differences.

Today the moon is good for harvest and to cut clones so i will cut down my lovely z7#1 and i'll make more clones from the clones i'm vegging....i want rooms full of wild berry remedy...more and more!!!!

Green Moments

Ishence

I find the "orange peel" phenos of Z7 to have an equally distinct and powerful smell to them also. But there's no mistaking the candy-berry of the other pheno!

And the leaves are excellent for raw juicing! Phyto-Cannabinoids rock!

enjoying the remedy....

the smoke test time finally is here....two hours ago we blessed a 0.2g. and i'm still in the "bubble"....what a lovely and mellow effect...i need to repeat the test to say more but i love the smell it leaves in the room for hours. I can say it make me feel tuned in? yes i do!

a pop corn bud...

Z7micropic_03.jpg

the first two plants were poor in bud production but incredibly high in resin production. One was a indica like pheno smelling like orange peel and the other was very squat but lanky with sativa like bud structure and an undistinctive smell. I don't keep their clones in veg anymore, they simply cannot have a decent crop, even if they had the best cannabinoids ratio when analyzed. I will test them just to satisfy my curiosity.

This is the bubblehash coming from the trim of these first two plants...

Z7_bubblehash_04.jpg

one of the best i've tryed ever.....and the effect is unique. I like it!

More pics in a while..

I try to imagine an orange and wildberry jelly experience for the next wash...

Ishence

Good Gday to all...

I'm vaping my first Z7 sample in the "Herbo" pipe :D and i really like the aroma and the effect of this ganja in the morning....i think it is a good day starter....it make me feel like i'm not stoned or high....i'm feeling in the right mood...that's it! Ready to ride the wave...

This is a frosty trim leaf before the wash

one more pic of the bubblehash i made with a 50micron filter to get all the good trichs as no contaminats nor pests were presents on the buds, not too much trim from this little babies so i need it all.
Z7_bubblehash_05.jpg

I'm not a medical user in the usual way...i'm fisically ok but i can't put my hands on the fire about my mental health eheh.....i found that anybody can have benefical effects smoking the right cannabinoids for them, even if one is "healty" already.
I do smoke ganja to prevent illness and to calm my nerves just like i do with other medical plants when i drink a decotion or a juice....phytotherapy is old like the mankind so why i should stop to use my herbs to cure and preserve me my family and other people?
They (who? i know you know) want us to be pharmaddicted and their bigger fear is that we can produce our own medecines...that actually is 1000 times better of their poor chemical drugs. I'm groving my medicinal herbs garden ganja included to make a personal revolution....i don't want any drug that doesn't come from my garden. If anybody start to have his own medical garden a real revolution can begin. It's about 20 years i begun mine...still a long road but i'm on the right one.:cool:
I do hope this herb can be a real relief for people who need it as medicine and i'm sure it can help a lot!

I'll indulge in more testing tonight to see what's up!!

Ishence

Hi all,

now is almost 30 days i'm smoke testing my z7 plants and i can speak for personal experience.

I found one exceptional plant that is the z7#1 and a very good plant that is the z7#3. I gave those samples along with the z7#4 and the z7#6 to a friend from Energy Control to test their cannabinoids with Liquid Cromathography and not TLC as i said before here, my fault.

I can already say by seeing their phenotipic expression that the #1 and #3 are rich in CBD, also their effect and smell remember me their mum Cannatonic.
I can't stop smoke this two only plants..they are soo goood!! My fella got a painfull circular problem in one foot and after smoke some of it the pain disappear for a couple of hours...what its effect lasts to me usually.
I simply feel better after i smoke one and i can face a hard job easily with a LOT of energy.
We call it "La Medicina" already....and we want more now!! I have something like 25 clones of the z7#1 to solve this problem! I can't really stay without it...its effects is soft i love to somke it in the morning and the taste is something more complex of the wildberry smell and full of body but soft at the lungs.
Jaime taste it and also said is the high CBD pheno and very good plant so i will keep this mother for long time and also the #3 that is the a different pheno but really interesting.
In few days the numbers will come to say something very precise i guess but i've already choose my favorite mothers via the traditional way that ganja farmers use since the human being made a simbiosys with the ganja plant, select them by its effect and medical use.
THC rich strains are mainly the result of years of selection looking for the higher THC ratio to get plants with a strong euforic effect that is umbalanced with the good ratio of CBD and disappears very fast...ehhhy... this sounds to me like a good commercial strategy in the long period, yes big buds, full of thrics and big amount of THC but nearly 0% of CBD, nice to fill the Coffieshop's menu in the Dam and the head of youths with no education in the real ganja plant but really not for me...since i'm not so young i need a balanced high with differents cannabinoids diet...i leave the fast food junk weed to who can smoke it...included all the autoflowering strains that are so popular here...junk smoke for me sorry...we need late flowering plants to develop all the right amounts of cannabinoids in my opinion so i exclude autoflowering plants from my diet.

Now the CBD revolution is begun so nothing can be the same..i'm revalutating some strains i was working with in the past and i will end some too unbalanced..this is a more adult way to work with my plants...not only strong ganja...i want strains with an equilibrium in the cannabinoids ratios.
Yes we are growing as farmers, breeders, patients and wise users...nobody can stop us!

Ishence

seems ur a CBD-revolutionary :D Are the effects of the CBD-rich pheno #1 berry smeller really so pleasureable as ur describing there?? :D

about when u think lab results are due? liquid chromatograph the best from my understanding.

seems ur a CBD-revolutionary :D Are the effects of the CBD-rich pheno #1 berry smeller really so pleasureable as ur describing there?? :D

about when u think lab results are due? liquid chromatograph the best from my understanding.

u are right donb I think of myself as a real revolutionary, not only in the cannabis field.
I see u need more proof bout the goodness but the only thing i can do for you is build up my first z7#1 spliff of the day and say again...yeahh it is really pleasurable man...more than what i can describe with words.
This same plant will be present soon on the resin club menu in the next future so if u come to bcn u will be able to test for yourself.
I expect the lab results any day of this week and i'll share all with you all..
I know that after a real smoke test anybody can agree with me about "La Medicina" but in this crazy world we need numbers to be sure.

Xavier from EC explained me that with LC and an accurate sofware that "read" the results thay have a precise way to detect different cannabinoids.

I would like to thanks Energy Control to give such a precious tool to the people for free. Yes they opened few offices around spain where you can bring your sample of any kind of substances and have a free lab test.
I see something revolutionary in this people, they are young but very professional and they will change people's life telling what they are smoking or taking for medication or fun....knowledge is the first revolution! Teach this to the youths and u are a real revolutionary.
Money never make you free...believe me!

Ishence

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing your lab results too...mainly to confirm what I already know about these phenos by growing them.

The Z7 (both main phenotypes) is a backbone strain in my garden. If I could just grow 1 strain that worked for my disease, this would be it!

The CBD pheno is nice to vaporize, but for me, it's real value is in its raw state, so I can juice it for its phytocannabinoids, which has been nothing short of remarkable on controlling my disease.

The THC pheno isn't the biggest yielder, but it's such a good Indica (pain relief and sleep inducing), and it's taste is truly astounding!

Dang, both phenos are amazing smelling/tasting!

2 seeds of z7 that I put went out with the soft radicula

I have a problem for querminar them z7, and the fact is that after 24 hours in water then I put them in napkins and they go out with the soft root ..... how does it them recommend me to germinate?

Last edited:
I have a problem for querminar them z7, and the fact is that after 24 hours in water then I put them in napkins and they go out with the soft root ..... how does it them recommend me to germinate?

Ciao Flypi,

i'm not sure to understand your question, if your seeds are already germinated in paper towel now you just need to put them in the soil like any other seed. There is not a special way to germinate z7 seeds.
Maybe you need to check some grow guide but i could have really misunderstood your issue.

Ishence

I'm looking forward to seeing your lab results too...mainly to confirm what I already know about these phenos by growing them.

The Z7 (both main phenotypes) is a backbone strain in my garden. If I could just grow 1 strain that worked for my disease, this would be it!

The CBD pheno is nice to vaporize, but for me, it's real value is in its raw state, so I can juice it for its phytocannabinoids, which has been nothing short of remarkable on controlling my disease.

The THC pheno isn't the biggest yielder, but it's such a good Indica (pain relief and sleep inducing), and it's taste is truly astounding!

Dang, both phenos are amazing smelling/tasting!

Grooveh,

i thank you for your wise way to medicate yourself with the z7 that you grown with love in your magic garden.
You are a real witness of how this plant can be used effectively to relief different pains.
I had only 7 z7 seeds and the THC phenos in those few plants was too poor in production to stay in my garden. I'm still keeping a mother of the best one just for a outdoor test to see if can do better than indoor.
Anyway my first interest about the z7 strain was the 1:1 pheno and after more than one month of early morning smoke testing i can say...i found what i was looking for...my lovely medicina!
I never juice it still....i need more fresh material and then i can give it to a friend in need to see if he get some relief.
Keep your way brother and stay away from the pharmacy as much as you can using natural medications instead.

Ishence

the results!!

Finallly the two day ago i had the results of the 4 z7 samples and my opinions were confirmed. I was sure about the high CBD % in the #1 and it is true she is a lovely 1:1 plant so i can already say that you can really know if a plant has a 1:1 ratio already when you grow it if you are a good observer but surely when you smoke it.Now the numbers....

and i start from the end:

I list the THC% and the CBD% as i read it on the paper, the THC:CBD ratio and the presence of other cannabinoids but with no %,

Z7#6 THC 19% CBD 0% 1:0 CBC, CBG (very small buds, test smoke not impressive)

Z7#4 THC 22% CBD 0% 1:0 CBC, CBG ( the THCpheno that i keep for further investigations, i need more time to test it in different conditions)

Z7#3 THC 11% CBD 7% 2:1 CBC, CBG ( this plant is a very good smoke but she has thin branches that hardly support her buds in late flovering, i want to keep this pheno for its medical potential but i need to tune in the grow side)

Z7#1 THC 9% CBD 9% 1:1 CBC, CBG ( this is my favorite plant of my past grow and my wife and friends love it too.I already said a lot about this plant but never enough...She is on the cannatonic side of the moon and her smell is changing everyday of jar curing from different fruits and berries to honey and flowers. The initial super sweet wild berry smell now is more complex but still sweet.Somebody talk about eggs...eheh i'm sure he means the wonderful smell of a good pastry or the good Zabaione cream made with eggs.
I love this plant and i give full respect to this pearl's creators.)

I will finish my report in a week with the z7#1 bubblehash results!!

Ishence

Nice description of Z7#1! You said it better than I could have ever. Mine is similar to that. I call her Zelda. :)

Zelda and the CBD Cannatonic are my main raw juicing strains, although I'd grow Zelda out for her flowers, as the vapor is phenomenal from her too!

Thank you for your time and passion. I have 5 Z7 ladies going and they vary wildly in smell and form. Later the test will tell all as you have discovered.

I am looking forward to a pheno much like your #1 or #3 with almost or equal THC/CBD ratios. I will share my report in November since i am outside in Arizona.

Peace,
Madjag

very, very exciting.
Gracias, Ishence. ¡Qué bueno sus explicaciones! Y tengo un alto concepto de su país a causa del Señor Guzman y los avances muy importantes en investigación Cannabis que pasó en España.. ¡Kudos para España!

Last edited:
CBD Testing and Interesting Links

Ishence,

Do you know if your lab uses its own CBD reference sample?

Also, did you take your test samples from 3 different levels on your plant and mix them equally?

This article, on ProjectCBD.com, is excellent. Things not everyone have considered.

Still, it's the smoke test that matters......

Scientific Info on CBD and Links

CBD Science - Cannabis-Based Medical Extract

Medical Cannabis, Medical Marijuana | Alta, CA

THC & Cannabidiol Experiment

Cannabidiol (CBD) « Medicinal Cannabis

Scientific References for CBD

http://www.resinseeds.net/medicinalcannabis,en.html

Lab Notes: The Accuracy Question
ProjectCBD

"Commercially available cannabinoid standards are not necessarily reliable, we were surprised to learn. If a testing lab bases its calculations on THC or CBD in methanol purchased from a chemical supply house, and the amount present is less than claimed, a serious over-estimation of cannabinoid potency results.

CBD can be crystallized, so it is practical for a lab to create its own 100% pure CBD reference standard. With THC, a tarry, viscous liquid that sticks to glassware and everything else, it is much more difficult to create an accurate standard.

Sampling is also a weak link. From a pound of buds typically delivered by a grower in a turkey bag, the dispensary chooses a few -say, two grams' worth- to send to the lab. Since location on the plant is a factor in cannabinoid production, if two of the three sample buds are from cola tops, they won't provide a true average for the plant as a whole."

Back