Per ardua ad astra

With the amount of damage (small) I see I would just let her dry out a bit and then restart watering with your normal feeding regime.

These plants are resilient and can take a small beating imo.

I bet that she will be back in no time.:)
Yeah, just keeping a close eye on her. Tired of stressing between trying to hide my shit from people working on the house and her being awkward to move. Was trying to avoid shenanigans this run, but as you said it wasn't that bad. There wasn't enough air movement in that part of the tent, so adjusted the fans which has also helped.

Soil and pot are dry and she was thirsty at lights on this morning. I gave her a light watering with beneficials/tea and top dress.

A quick update on the NSKs. I'm definitely not doing the genetics justice. It's been a bad pain week, and I had an infusion reaction so managing the space and bottom watering has been a challenge. At least the roof is done, so I'll have a few weeks of peace.

Flower tent.jpg

Thankfully NSK-1 is the only girl I let stretch. Most everyone else is staying in their lane. I let NSK-1 dry until she started wilting, then watered with Recharge and kelp tea after top dressing. In addition to the lowers yellowing I see the beginning of calcium deficiency, Will monitor and adjust her feed accordingly. I also lost the incense somewhere. Currently smells vaguely like pumpkin or apple pie spice mix. Or maybe it's wishful thinking with the Thanksgiving holiday approaching in the US. Honestly not that fond of this one, but I reserve final judgement until I'm able to try her. Leaving ample lowers for revegging just in case.

NSK 1 F52-1.jpgNSK 1 F52-2.jpg

NSK-2 is my favorite so far. A low-key girl, she smells a bit like sweetness and butter. She's the easiest keeper of the three sisters and hasn't complained much about the tight quarters. I had a clone rooting now.

NSK 2 F36-1.jpgNSK 2 F36-2.jpg

NSK-3 is just kind of there. Not much smell to her, but I've intentionally kept her small. I have more flower than I can use and am more interested in trying a variety.

NSK 3 F24-1.jpgNSK 3 F24-2.jpg

There's much room for improvement, but what better way to learn (and relearn) than by jumping in the deep end.

A quick update on the NSKs. I'm definitely not doing the genetics justice. It's been a bad pain week, and I had an infusion reaction so managing the space and bottom watering has been a challenge. At least the roof is done, so I'll have a few weeks of peace.

View attachment 78483

Thankfully NSK-1 is the only girl I let stretch. Most everyone else is staying in their lane. I let NSK-1 dry until she started wilting, then watered with Recharge and kelp tea after top dressing. In addition to the lowers yellowing I see the beginning of calcium deficiency, Will monitor and adjust her feed accordingly. I also lost the incense somewhere. Currently smells vaguely like pumpkin or apple pie spice mix. Or maybe it's wishful thinking with the Thanksgiving holiday approaching in the US. Honestly not that fond of this one, but I reserve final judgement until I'm able to try her. Leaving ample lowers for revegging just in case.

View attachment 78484View attachment 78485

NSK-2 is my favorite so far. A low-key girl, she smells a bit like sweetness and butter. She's the easiest keeper of the three sisters and hasn't complained much about the tight quarters. I had a clone rooting now.

View attachment 78486View attachment 78487

NSK-3 is just kind of there. Not much smell to her, but I've intentionally kept her small. I have more flower than I can use and am more interested in trying a variety.

View attachment 78488View attachment 78489

There's much room for improvement, but what better way to learn (and relearn) than by jumping in the deep end.
Still looking good! I love Nevils skunk very underrated!

Weekly update--flowering continues. Aside from the troubles with NSK 1 not much to report. The 3 plants are on day 58, 42, and 30 of 12/12 respectively.
Canopy temps range from 72F at night and up to 78F, though one day got as warm as 80F

I'd rather make 1 change at a time, but the yellowing began progressing quickly. Slurry test showed pH in range. Turned down the LEDs about 10%. Brewed tea with worm casting, kelp, and Build-A-Flower for both waterings this week. Top dressed and added an 1/8 tsp of dolomite lime. NSK-1 Yellowing has slowed. Ca deficiency no longer progressing.

Added a pinch of dolomite to NSK-2. Both NSK 2 & 3 are due for top dress this week.

I'm open to feedback and suggestions for the sake of improving the next round.

Attachments

• NSK 2-F42b.jpg
    NSK 2-F42b.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 8
  • NSK 2-F42a.jpg
    NSK 2-F42a.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 8
  • NSK 2 & 3-F42, F30.jpg
    NSK 2 & 3-F42, F30.jpg
    892.1 KB · Views: 8
  • NSK 1-F58b.jpg
    NSK 1-F58b.jpg
    682.2 KB · Views: 8
  • NSK 1-F58a.jpg
    NSK 1-F58a.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 9
  • NSK 1-F58.jpg
    NSK 1-F58.jpg
    666.2 KB · Views: 10
  • NSK 3-F30a.jpg
    NSK 3-F30a.jpg
    704.7 KB · Views: 11
It's been a while. I'll give NSK a long cure, but wanted to share my impressions so far. I was rushed looking for specific medicinal effects without regard for taste/smell. The grow was suboptimal, so keep that in mind.

Overall:

Based on effect, I harvested plants at 13, 11, and 10 weeks respectively. From a medicinal standpoint NSK is worth hunting. I was unlucky and had poor germination (25%), but the plants showed promise. Medihaze is the only other MNS line I've had issues with, everything else has been quick to pop near 100%, so it's not the norm. Outside of the watering incident on #1 they were relatively easy going with both compact and stretchy phenos. Didn't get "The One" some have described, but I did find excellent medicine. Wish I'd kept #1, but hindsight is 20/20. Worth revisiting with a new straw. If this pheno again I'll be keeping it.

Growth:

#1 Lots of stretch (5' topped and bent) with wider leaflets. Prone to leaf mutations, especially early on. Despite showing her disapproval with me she was the best overall in terms of size and yield. Benefits from topping and LST. Rooted quickly in soil. Unimpressive frost until the final weeks when it packed on. Heavy, moderately(?) compact pyramidal flowers. This one could've come down at 10-12 wks. Threw a single male flower at wk13 harvest. NSK smells are indeed difficult to describe, but this one ended up primarily sweet and citrus with a hint of poop.

#2 & #3 both were compact, narrow leaflet plants...similar growth-wise. Both were slow to veg and show sex. Ideally these would've been transplanted earlier and vegged longer. #2 had moderate trichome coverage and smelled primary of citrus and petroleum. #3 was slightly smaller with very heavy trichome coverage. Sweet citrus and something I can't pinpoint. Honestly every plant smelled like someone stuck limonene and a bunch of terps in a blender.

Effect:

#1 - onset in 5. Depending on harvest time the high ranged from feeling like a mood stabilizer to a hybrid to pure euphoria. Pretty clear-headed. Possible to be functional without (much) effort. Good anti-inflammatory and pain relief. Motivating and possibly useful for task initiation for ADHD. Tasted of cheap gummy bear and mint.
#2 - Head pressure, relaxed, hazy high. Sleepy on the back end. Good anti-inflammatory, but intensified pain. Earliest test felt like a 1:1. I think this should've gone another two weeks, but culled basesd on increasing pain.
#3 - Fast onset. Very simiar to #1 based on high. Both put you in a happy place with no or minimal sleepiness.

I hope this is useful. I think NSK is worthwhile if you're willing to hunt and plan to give it another shot in the near future.

Hmmmm. Not sure I'm qualified to answer as don't yet have runs of NH or NHM (working on that now). For me personally this is something to vape before tackling chores, working on a project, or if in pain and not feeling couchlock action. I will circle back to this after a long cure or sooner if NH goes sideways.

FWIW, based on my small sample look for big stretchy plants.

Back