Holy Smoke: feed requirements

Skunkerbudz

2022 COE Winner

Holy Smoke:​

After combining the Afghan Haze with the AC male, we found some wonderful old-school plants that required lower EC levels to reach their potential. Peripheral or indirect light seems to be this plant’s preferred growing environment. The finished fruits of this spicy pine earth-flavored flower are special and very reminiscent of the 70s Thai/ Southern India/ Mexican blend of long-leaf strains.
This Holy Smoke strain has plants that will flower between 11 and 13 weeks; any longer is not practical for indoor growing. To get this strain to work we usually germinate the seed at 18/6 for 2 weeks and then let it flower directly after which you will welcome a 1.2 to 1.4-meter-high flowering plant. The expected yield will range between 600 and 800 grams per m2. Curing this flower for between at least 6 weeks to 3 months will change everything about the flavor and increase the most satisfying effect. This strain can feed a little higher than its sister Hazes so do not be shy and use some N in its early stages of development.

Am I reading this correctly? Is this stoner babble? Am I not medicated enough? Above copy n paste from MrNice

Curious on this strain

Thanks
Holy Smoke – Mr. Nice Seedbank

high AF @Skunkerbudz
i had read this too and wondered,
im thinking,
This strain can feed a little higher than its sister Hazes so do not be shy and use some N in its early stages of development.
FME this means when the plant is about 2 foot high and root ball is established to at least 1ft X 1ft x 1ft you can give them a fairly decent dose of N.

old-school plants that required lower EC levels to reach their potential.
also think ratios of nutrients. for these calyx to leaf ratios where there is mostly flowers you need tiny amounts of N in the flowering stage, so low overall EC compared to other strains where more leaf present in flower.

high AF @Skunkerbudz
i had read this too and wondered,
im thinking,
This strain can feed a little higher than its sister Hazes so do not be shy and use some N in its early stages of development.
FME this means when the plant is about 2 foot high and root ball is established to at least 1ft X 1ft x 1ft you can give them a fairly decent dose of N.

old-school plants that required lower EC levels to reach their potential.
also think ratios of nutrients. for these calyx to leaf ratios where there is mostly flowers you need tiny amounts of N in the flowering stage, so low overall EC compared to other strains where more leaf present in flower.
@Ken Abbis
Thanks

I have always given my girls and their sisters exactly what they can take. No more, no matter how much more I think they want.
Last thing I want to hear is.."too much! Me no like.!"

I have over fertilised and under fertilised, always learning to dial them in.
After germinating, about 2 weeks I start my plants with hydro fert at half strength in fairly airy potting mix... watering regularly.
thats too strong for some of the hazes.... i water it down to about 1/4 strength.
i cant remember exactly ppm, meter needs batteries, i think at 1/2 strength its 400ppm.

i have learnt lot more since selecting keepers and found that each one is unique and has her preferences in how to "dial her in".... @musashi is an expert at it

I am no expert but I have grown it ID and OD and of course they express differently in sunlight. I fed her normal during veg but I extended N into the first few weeks of flower before I tapered. As usual, phenotypes respond to varying inputs based on environment. This was under HPS/MH lighting. I kept them off to the side in late flower and finished at 11/13 light hours. This is a plant everyone should try out for old world flavors and smells of the divine Afghan Haze. A richer smell with the AC added. Nice firm nugs and yield as a result of dad. And the hormones were off the charts with buds growing on the leaves!
hs#1a 10_7.jpghs #2b 4_15.jpgholysm 1 8_5_21.jpghs1 3_8.jpghs13 3_7.jpg

mu

I am no expert but I have grown it ID and OD and of course they express differently in sunlight. I fed her normal during veg but I extended N into the first few weeks of flower before I tapered. As usual, phenotypes respond to varying inputs based on environment. This was under HPS/MH lighting. I kept them off to the side in late flower and finished at 11/13 light hours. This is a plant everyone should try out for old world flavors and smells of the divine Afghan Haze. A richer smell with the AC added. Nice firm nugs and yield as a result of dad. And the hormones were off the charts with buds growing on the leaves!
View attachment 78881View attachment 78878View attachment 78877View attachment 78879View attachment 78880

mu
Holy smoke 😅😲that's some Massive buds,💖❤️🤩

Holy Smoke:​

After combining the Afghan Haze with the AC male, we found some wonderful old-school plants that required lower EC levels to reach their potential. Peripheral or indirect light seems to be this plant’s preferred growing environment. The finished fruits of this spicy pine earth-flavored flower are special and very reminiscent of the 70s Thai/ Southern India/ Mexican blend of long-leaf strains.
This Holy Smoke strain has plants that will flower between 11 and 13 weeks; any longer is not practical for indoor growing. To get this strain to work we usually germinate the seed at 18/6 for 2 weeks and then let it flower directly after which you will welcome a 1.2 to 1.4-meter-high flowering plant. The expected yield will range between 600 and 800 grams per m2. Curing this flower for between at least 6 weeks to 3 months will change everything about the flavor and increase the most satisfying effect. This strain can feed a little higher than its sister Hazes so do not be shy and use some N in its early stages of development.

Am I reading this correctly? Is this stoner babble? Am I not medicated enough? Above copy n paste from MrNice

Curious on this strain

Thanks
Holy Smoke – Mr. Nice Seedbank
I believe they mean that in Holy Smoke you can find pheno's that are more AC influenced and these need lesser feeding.
Pheno's that are more Afghan(haze) influenced can tolerate more feeding.
Compared to similar strains these can be fed a bit higher in general.

View attachment 78881View attachment 78878View attachment 78877View attachment 78879View attachment 78880

mu

What about the effects? ☺️

Back