Colorado Nordle

More pics 10-4-11

n1--2.jpg

n2-2.jpg

n3--2.JPG

I don't know why these pics came out sideways. I did everything the same as in first post but maybe held camera sideways ,I guess that's possible. I couldn't find a function for rotating pics here.

Last edited:
Time to flower

Those pics were taken on 10-4-11. This was the day I changed the timer to 12/12. These were the first cuttings I took off the seed plants, which i flowered and pollinated and am about to harvest those seeded plants. So i have already determined sex obviously but since i seeded the first plants i didnt get a good evaluation of the bud qualities. I did notice a difference in the smell of the seeded bud but i dont have much else difference to go on. the seeded plants all grew to the exact same height and very similar leaf shape and bud size. In these pictures there is one shorter plant N#2 and i dont have a good reason for why it is shorter. Will post more details later.

Nordle details

I have 3 Nordle clones here from 3 seedlings labeled N1, N2 and N3. The original seedlings showed almost no difference in final height or growth pattern. Those original seed plants have different smells as I will describe here. N1 has a sweeter skunk scent compared to N2 which has a more sour lemony skunk smell and is my favorite smell of the three. N3 has an odd nutty musky smell and at this point is my least favorite smelling of the three. Since these original seed plants were pollinated and full of seeds which I haven't even harvested yet, I haven't tried to smoke test anything yet. There are other plants in this flowering room from other breeders which I am not going to go into details on unless someone really wants to know. I moved these plants off to the side for those pictures but they will be mixed in and rotated with other plants not yet pictured.

There is a total of 9 plants under 2400 watts. The lights are two 1000W HPS with a 400W HPS in between the two 1000s and with air cooled hoods. 6" can fan with carbon filter exhaust and two 4" can fans with filters for intake. Room is 8'x16'.

Botanicare pure blend nutrients with liquid karma, cal mag, silica, hydroplex and hygrozyme with Pro Mix HP. They are in 5 gallon containers.

Last edited:
???

Colorado,

Looking nice...Say where did you get the tray's the pot is sitting in? The one on top of the rollers? Maybe a garden center? They just don't look like the normal ones I see there. Be well...Ns

5 weeks

Odd that when I click on those sideways pictures in the last post, they turn right side up.

I just wanted to add in some notes on what has been going on with these Nordles. N1 has started to show more yellowing of leaves than the others. I first thought was that this is typical symptoms of my root aphid infestation that I am trying very hard to control. But, the roots are still so healthy that this plant dries up faster than any other plant I have. Because of this faster drying I have given it extra plain water enough times to possibly create the yellowing. I usually only give plain water if a plant gets too dry and then I feed again about an hour, after it has had a chance to soak up some water. I do this to prevent roots from getting burned from fertilizing when dry. However I think it could of been too much flushing on this plant combined with root aphids to show symptoms of deficiency. This N1 plant is also the most skunk smelling of the three. I think that if this is the original super skunk recipe then this is that pheno. If my arm barely brushes up against any leaf on the plant then my arm or shirt will smell skunky all day. I wonder if the extra smell has attracted more root aphids to this plant because it is suffering the most from what I have noticed as mag def. seeing bugs at roots.

N2 is the more different of the three. It has darker leaves and longer more curly pistils compared to the shorter straighter pistils of N1 and N3. N2 has a more sour smell and less typical skunk smell. The buds appear slightly smaller on the N2 but it was a little shorter and a little farther from the lights.

N3 is similar to N1 in appearance but definitely not as stinky as N1. The N3 appears healthier than the yellowing N1 that is losing leaves faster than anything else. This grow is definitely smelling stronger than anything I have had in years and the odor is overpowering my carbon filters. The super skunk pheno N1 might be too stinky to mask the odor and N2 might be better for some people for that reason alone. I can't wait to taste these just because I know anything with such a strong smell is going to have a strong tasting flavor.

The saucers I got from a grow store but they dont carry them at most grow stores. They are the hard dark green plastic that say Anderson Die & Mfg on the bottom. I like to put the plant on top of a 12" upside down saucer in a 16" saucer so that it catches the run off but the plant drains and doesn't sit in the runoff. It is a pain for me to suck that water out of those saucers with a siphon pump hose but that's how I do it.

Thank You

Colorado,

Nice sounding plants you have there. Best to you with them, and thank you for the idea's with the saucers. I thought they were built that way with the hump in them. Don't know if this will help, but a couple ideas for help maybe with getting rid of the excess.

1. I know you have them mobile on stands. Maybe have a way that they drain off into one tub when watered? In theory easier to drain from one spot.

2. I know you have the pump, but maybe a good sized wet/dry vac from ebay, or something like that would work for you easier.

just throwing some ideas out to you. Really looking forward to your. I think I may have a chance at a Nordle cross, and am excited to try for the meds. Be well...Ns

Hey buddy went to check, and anything with a good sized res on the vac's/ Are pricey. A 15gal is over $300...Just looked so I thought I'd let you know. Really too expensive...Ns

Last edited by a moderator:
5 week pics

N1
n1-5.1.JPG

N1
n1-5.JPG

N2
n2-5.1.JPG

N2
n2-5.JPG

N3
n3-5.1.JPG

N3
n3-5.JPG

Atleast I got these pics right side up. I am not too happy with the picture quality for obvious reasons but atleast I put something up to look at.

Last edited:
Hi Colorado; nice job, watching with interest.

I have 4 Nordle phenos at about 7 weeks. Everything I see in your set is familiar, except your pheno #2. Keep an eye on that one my friend, might be special.

cheers,
rabbit

hey buddy, let me know if you need a lab to test any of those plants,
I got some pollen for some of those lady's ;)

Pollen?

Hey Coop, what lab are you talking about? And of course I would like some pollen, but it is probably too late for these since they are at 5.5 weeks and might not have enough time left to make mature seeds. I know you had a Z male that I was interested in and I will be growing some of these Nordles again for sure even though I haven't even tasted them yet.

I'll shoot you a pm later, I am going downtown later to actually check out their facilities. ;)

Yea looking for plants to dust the Z with, the nordle should be a good choice. Its tough finding cbd rich clones around here.

wow, them hairs are unmistakable, bro. All but two are like that, nice one. btw, you ever get the colorado cough? very nice idr ( if done right:)) Cheers, CC

Final Results

xx.JPG

As you can see in this pic there are 4 buds. First on the left is my grape stomper which was grown right next to the nordle under the exact same conditions. Then there is N1, N2 and N3, left to right. I am not happy with the nordle as far as the smell and taste and high. I will not grow it again and it was a big loss for me that will not be so quick to recover.

View attachment 27622

As you can see in this pic there are 4 buds. First on the left is my grape stomper which was grown right next to the nordle under the exact same conditions. Then there is N1, N2 and N3, left to right. I am not happy with the nordle as far as the smell and taste and high. I will not grow it again and it was a big loss for me that will not be so quick to recover.

Hi Colorado
Could you please let us know what it is in the taste/smell/high dept that disappointed you ? Cheers KL

Lack of

It was the overall lack of smell and flavor. They each had a different distinct smell but it wasn't very strong as far as smelling up a room when opening a jar. There was one fruity berry pheno that had a pleasant but weak smell and the other 2 were just a faint musky scent that was barely noticeable and the smoking flavor was just harsh and flavorless. There is a buzz but it's not overpowering. The other stains I had right next to these had very strong smells and flavors. Nobody wants this stuff and I can't get rid of it. The buds are dense but not super sticky or super stinky. Sorry but I have to call it how I see it and smell it and feel it. I immediately killed every cutting I had of this because there was no doubt that I wouldn't need them.

Back