After Nevil's pasing, Sam weighs in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Nevil isn't around to speak for himself.
Sam doesn't post here, as he is busy editing and censoring his own forum.
And EB doesn't post anymore, because he managed to get himself permanently banned.

Imagine if Elmer was actually Sam The Skunkman? Really wouldn't be too surprised guy did stick up for Sam (himself) an awful lot. Lol

Stranger things have happened.

It seems an old friend of Nevil's has surfaced on IC.

Some really cool history/stories etc..

Just a heads up..

If he starts selling seeds he's probably a fraud. I could tell you all about when I was 6 years old and my parents brought me to the Cannabis Castle and my dad was gifted a cut of G13. Lol

Really that's basically the story this new guy claims with the supposed legitimate cut of Romulan. I want to believe the guy, I just don't.

As for EB, I do not see how anyone from Perth, Australia knows or can corroborate anything that happened in the 1960s through the 1980s in California, or in Holland after that. He is a buddy of Skunkman's over on IcyRag. They give each other props there all the time.

EB comes from out behind the northern rivers, nsw, as far as I know.
A long way from here.

As far as someone from perth not being able to know much, you do realise this whole gig got started by a guy from perth, don't you.
Where do you think Nevil was actually from?
It's not like we living on the dark side of the moon here.

Last edited:
EB comes from out behind the northern rivers, nsw, as far as I know.
A long way from here.

As far as someone from perth not being able to know much, you do realise this whole gig got started by a guy from perth, don't you.
Where do you think Nevil was actually from?
It's not like we living on the dark side of the moon here.

Yeah, it's kind of like how people from California claim they have the best weed, even though their best weed is indoor and people all over the world have access to the same equipment and genetics. Sure it's hard to obtain a clone only from California in Australia, but the next best clones seem to be from seeds of the former best clone onlys.

Really, some guy in Australia could have found a better clone only from the same seeds. GMO is GSC x Chemdog seeds are available, but I bought the Skunkmasterflex cut, hopefully it's as stinky as they claim, but that's apparently not the only (clone only) from them seeds. I'm thinking of crossing her to Critical Mass, if I can keep that smell and potency, while shortening the flower time and increasing the yield it would be epic. Of course CM is kind of my plan for most clone onlys, just have to find a nice father, got 2 grams of seeds to get through though. Lol

They all from seed, lol.. Nothing special about them, other than somebodies selections passed around... bigsur, geez he makes me laugh .

In the end what I believe is what Nevil posted here long since. That Watson simply took strains available in NorCal in local bag weed and took them to Holland and sold them to Nevil as his own breeds.

There are several people here (and many more on IcyRag) with their heads so far up Watson's arse I think they have become a part of his spleen. In my brief encounters with Watson over on the IceRag before I was banned there, nothing he said made any sense to me. Nor does any of his spins about NorCal in the 1970s jive with what I saw living there. To the extent that the Monterey Bay area that I lived in and he (maybe) lived in were completely different worlds. Over time thinking about it, it seems to me that his world has to be fluid in order to cover up for all the lies he has spun over the years about Sacred Seeds, breeding top strains, the Haze Bros., etc. etc. His dates vary all over the place from story to story and who and when and where is so nebulous as to be pure and utter fantasy. Which I believe pretty much sums up everything about Watson.

To the contrary Nevil has one simple story line, and it never changed. His perspective is consistent. We also know for a fact that he started his seed company, where he started it and when. Nevil put his photo on it. There are lots of photos of him posted from all over the world. We also have lots of press from third sources of events about him, including being busted and jailed. Watson on the other hand? We have zero corroboration of anything that he says. There are no photos, save for a few with scratched out faces that could be of anyone, little press (real press that is), and a lot of fake names and aliases, and a pile of fiction published in High Times. There is zero evidence that Sacred Seeds ever existed in Santa Cruz County. There is no evidence of any bust of Watson or Sacred Seeds in Santa Cruz. The only thing I could dig up about Watson from people I know in the Santa Cruz area was that Watson was a small time dealer there at one time. That's it.

Reading the books, The Bandit of Kabul (1 & 2), Weed, and The King of Nepal books, the three authors Jerry Beisler, Jerry Kamstra and Joe Pietri are all consistent and open about what the scene was back in the day. It also agrees with what I lived through and what I and my friends did back then. At least in Northern California, Oregon, BC and Mexico where I was. I do not know what happened in Holland, and I have never been there. The stories about Watson in Santa Cruz? Especially the so-called report by "Dutch authorities" investigating and reporting about Watson being busted in Santa Cruz and Sacred Seeds being shut down, and all the crap about Watson saving the seeds from a dumpster? Pure bullshit. It never happened. I and others have searched the records and old newspapers in Santa Cruz, Santa Clara and Monterey Co. Nothing about any of that. Never mind that I lived there in the Monterey Bay area at the time that these events were supposed to have happened. I do not recall any news stories or anyone ever saying anything about Sacred Seeds, David Watson, the Haze Bros, or heard of anything called Haze. With the one exception that the LSD batch made for the Monterey Pop Festival was dubbed 'Purple Haze'. The guy that made that batch of LSD later said that he hated the name Purple Haze, for whatever reason.

Anyway, Watson has told me online that Big Sur Holy Weed sucked, and he smoked it with the 'hippies' in Big Sur in 1969. He said that he had Haze then and it was so much better, and that was all he smoked. Odd that he would refer to the Big Sur hippies being some other entity than his own. We are all hippies then. Big Sur was overrun with hippies by 1966 when we moved to the area. There were always 100s of thumbs out along Highway 1. I never went on any hippie trail, it came to me. Also the notion that he only smoked Haze for what, 15 years? Its utter nonsense. No one had an endless stash of weed. The whole region was always dry in late summer before the harvest came in from Mexico every year. And who would only smoke one type of weed when there were so many great strains floating around? And how/why would he breed anything else (as he claims) if that were the case? And the story that Haze weed sold for over $200 an ounce in the early 1970s in that area? Ba ha ha ha! Acapulco Gold was $20 a lid then. Who would pay 10x that for a bag weed?

As for Watson being a big breeder from Santa Cruz, that is pure crap as well. Debunk #1: Jerry Beiser documented that he bred California Orange. Debunk #2: Mel Frank has posted that he bred Durban Poison and sent his Durban "B" strain to Watson in Holland. Debunk #3: There is no fucking way that Watson bred original Skunk. It was all over NorCal by the late 1970s, and there are/were several strains of skunk. Debunk #4: Haze. Watson's Haze stories are all over the place. The Haze Brothers... well, they were not really brothers, and one retired to Mexico, see? Oh, then there were no Haze Bros. after people like me posted that was pure bullshit. So now the story has drifted to there only really being one guy that bred Haze, and not named Haze, and no brothers... yeah. And it was bred in 1974, No, wait, it was around in 1969. No it was later in the 70s. If that weed was that good then, EVERYONE would have known about it. It would have sold out fast. ALL the good weed I had sold out FAST. Like Kerala Ganja, Lebanese Red hash, Thai sticks, Colombian Gold, and the really fucking good Guerrero. No one seems to have heard of any Haze weed back then. Haze came into Santa Cruz from Holland much later. Several have posted about that here on MrN. That was after 1986 when I moved to Sandy Eggo.

In the end what I believe is what Nevil posted here long since. That Watson simply took strains available in NorCal in local bag weed and took them to Holland and sold them to Nevil as his own breeds. End of story. The rest is all cooked up shit to sell the beans and to sell stories to High times magazine. But there are the loyal followers of Watson, and all this crap posted online about him being a super breeder like no other. There is God, Jesus, and then Watson. The Holy Trinity. Funny thing though, all the other "best breeders" have come up with one or maybe a few breeds that stood the test of time. DJ Short, Shanti, Mel Frank, The Indian, Ken Estes, yadda yadda. But not Watson, he bred the best of the best all as a master breeder! All conveniently bred in a remote place for a fictional company somewhere in south Santa Cruz Co. called Corrolitos that no one would have heard of. Except the likes of me. And after his move to Holland? The magic breeding streak ended. Funny that. With more genetics and a DEA license in hand, more room and more greenhouses and more available breeding stock? In Holland he is attributed merely to breeding the skunk out of skunk and breeding the Durban out of Durban with skunk. So he bred two strains with skunk and called himself the Skunkman. Big whoop. You would think he would have put all the other global breeders to shame there with all the superior breeding knowledge and available genetics. And yet... zilch.

Its all tall tales of the wold west. Nevil had it dead right. Watson? Depends on the day of the week as to what that story line will be.
In the end what I believe is what Nevil posted here long since. That Watson simply took strains available in NorCal in local bag weed and took them to Holland and sold them to Nevil as his own breeds. End of story. The rest is all cooked up shit to sell the beans and to sell stories to High times magazine. this is partially true however applys to nevil also...i was in holland from 1986 thru 1989 some of these storys are rediculous

In the end what I believe is what Nevil posted here long since. That Watson simply took strains available in NorCal in local bag weed and took them to Holland and sold them to Nevil as his own breeds. End of story. The rest is all cooked up shit to sell the beans and to sell stories to High times magazine. this is partially true however applys to nevil also...i was in holland from 1986 thru 1989 some of these storys are rediculous

Yeah, so what?

I don't know Sam, but one thing BS wrote was pretty spot on.
If Sam, according to him, developed all of his work pre80's, harassed by cops and all, how was he never able to do anything in the last 30 years, when he had the freedom and resources to develop his worx??

If you want to pump Sam up, you may have come fo the wrong place

Had a look at that thread.. man, it's a conversation/argument that's been going on for ten years between the same blokes. It's very weird.. like a religion but with a very small (but loud) number of folks. Quote their "hero" as they weren't there but person they quote deliberately lies.. he admits allowing fake stuff to be printed, with his permission by either Ed or rc, can't remember. . But apparently it of no consequence, as it was just changing price of seeds upwards.. its bullshit printed after the fact with the day of printing seed prices on it.. most would see that as evidence of a consistent bullshitter, these fools in their religion turn a blind Mormon eye, lol...

Last edited:
Yeah, so what?

If Sam, according to him, developed all of his work pre80's, harassed by cops and all, how was he never able to do anything in the last 30 years, when he had the freedom and resources to develop his worx??

Haha I thought I was the only one that saw this flaw...

I'm sure, not looking but Im sure I've read Sam saying nevil got sold shit seeds, that he made his selections from.. now he says he sold Todd same batch seeds he sold nevil. Why would he sell him crap? why would Todd want supposed shit seeds for? Why weren't they germinated and searched through once it was known what Nevil had found ? These aren't questions, as I have my own answers .

Last edited:
fraud

Is it a coincidence? After reading this VERY EDUCATIONAL THREAD ( thanks to all who contributed).

I see ToddMccormick on IG claiming he is about to do a major Haze drop of genetics from Nev and "watson",

I stumbled across it on theseedsource IG.

Respect to all.
McCormick guy is a opportunist and a fraud and he never
had cancer ever his whole rep is bullshit...he isn't for cultivators yet he is selling seeds that are federally illegal on line i would not by any means snitch on myself for buying seeds online especially to a guy that some how got out of a mandatory sentence of 10 and do only 3

sam

Yeah, so what?

i met sam too why should i pump up SAM? without pumping up nevil
Ed rosenthal clark sam were all peas working together in the same pod. this sam against nevil crapolla is for public consumption.

embellishing all over the place

Wow, a fame war over Dave, Nevil and Todd and I missed out? Maybe just as well or I would be in Band Camp with them.

One point I will make that was raised in this debate: I say that Google is useless as a source of information on the underground weed scene from 1960 to 1999. That is 95% bullshit. As is most of the stuff on Wikipedia. It was all black market and subject to personal experience and is highly subjective. I have read so much trash about what happened in Berkeley, Big Sur, The Haight, Monterey and Santa Cruz it is pathetic. My view and memory living there in those times is quite different. Of course my view is also limited to my own experience. But... what I saw and experience was in line with what a few like Kamstra, Wolfe and Beisler wrote in their books. Even they have a lot of embellishments. Also much of what I experienced people simply do not believe. They were very different times and a lot of crazy and wild things happened. 90% of which was undocumented. Like today, newspapers had their yellow journalism to sell, and like today, things were very divided politically over the War in Vietnam and with Civil Rights. So much of what was printed in the SF Chronicle was rather jaded then, as it is still today. So is what is written in a lot of books about the 60s. Its mostly opinion, and not fact.

In the end regarding the Nevil seed drop by Todd, I was happy to see that MrNice released a Nevil Haze tribute strain at less than 1/3 of what Todd was selling his beans for. And with 10x the integrity. As for who bred original Haze? Or what is in it? Or who sold what to whom and who gifted what to whom and who bread what with what... anyone's guess. Many opinions prevail. It has become a cult following. It has been many generations from 1969 to today and even two more generations of humans. I have gone back to growing and breeding the original strains from my collection that Haze is said to be from. Colombian Gold, Colombian Punto Rojo, Colombian Punta Roja and the like. I have those original bag weed landrace strain seeds that I froze from the 1970s. Believe it or not. It does not really matter to me. I am leaning toward Haze being mainly Colombian Gold landrace circa 1977. That was very common weed in NorCal in that time. My brother moved many pounds of it out of San Miguel Canyon in Prunedale, which just happens to be just south of Corrolitos. It has a good clear high to it. Like soft snow settling on your brain. Its a tough strain to grow though. Very late maturing and highly variable phenotypes.

Anyway, my latent 2 cents worth. May you live in interesting times and live long enough to tell about it. People will argue with you about what you tell though.
ed rosenthal sam magic sam selezni nevil schoenmaers Clark were all peas in the same pod and working for the same people. the nevil our hero against SAM big company is for public consumption

i met sam too why should i pump up SAM? without pumping up nevil
Ed rosenthal clark sam were all peas working together in the same pod. this sam against nevil crapolla is for public consumption.

I don't know why you want to pump up Sam, but it's clear you are shilling for him.

It's true that Sam and Nevil had bad blood. That's not just market hype.

It's also true that a lot of people don't rate your mate Sam.
For a good guy, that's just misunderstood, he sure has bad luck.
Coz the public perception is he was a dog, a piece of shit, and most ppl that meet him, even now, don't rate the character of the man.
Ego bound arsehole seems to be the general consensus.

But that's for you guys to work out over at IC mag.

If you are happy buying his refrigerated seed that he bought of other people, then good for you.

He is yet to breed anything of repute, openly.
Ever.

Who gives a shit about myths n legends.
Your boy, as a breeder, eats a dick.

Last edited:
Aloha brah!

It is evident that you are very good at stirring up things by name calling, dredging up the questionable past and beating dead horses but what really is your point other than wild hysteria over things you have no control over?

Shaka
Mu

ime new to this forum and having been growing for personal use for sometime, over the years i have read the discussions about who did what with what genetics and its all very fascinating, what ide like to know is that back in 2004 here we use to get skunk that use to smell more potent and powerful than anything lurking about nowadays i didnt know where else to post this question so i thought ide post it here, does anyone know where and how we can get the stinky skunk again ? rather than mull over the past we should try to do something for the future thats new and exciting maybe rediscover some of these old cultivars or work together to make some new ones, like i say ime relatively new to this so any input is appreciated.

Todd has been on IG like white on rice hawking his Original Haze seed release in April. Five seeds for $50. Idiots lining up to give him money. Calling Nevil a liar and saying why he believes Sam's story. It's disgusting. Here's a post I made on icmag where this is being discussed. What's the over/under on when my post gets taken down or I'm banned?

Why do you think tod asked for the exact seed nevil got, even tho he had no chance of getting it. Sam has said for years he has no original seed left only his reproductions.

ime new to this forum and having been growing for personal use for sometime, over the years i have read the discussions about who did what with what genetics and its all very fascinating, what ide like to know is that back in 2004 here we use to get skunk that use to smell more potent and powerful than anything lurking about nowadays i didnt know where else to post this question so i thought ide post it here, does anyone know where and how we can get the stinky skunk again ? rather than mull over the past we should try to do something for the future thats new and exciting maybe rediscover some of these old cultivars or work together to make some new ones, like i say ime relatively new to this so any input is appreciated.

Hey man, good to see you posting.

So what are you looking for in skunk that you can't find?
An outrageously loud smell that you can't hide, even in 3 bags, and anyone entering the house your stash is in can instsantly smell it?
Or are you looking for a profile? Something like road killed skunk, perhaps?
Who's got the RKS ??? is a perennial thread, you can read it at most forums.
Who's got the true skunk#1? is another popular theme.

There are a couple of threads at least in the shit section on the #5 strains board.

## I grew a room of nordle that you could smell two houses away, and a couple of bags stunk my kids house out that much, that their mates thought they were drying a crop.
I used peat moss/perlite as media n ceramic metal halide.

Last edited:
Why do you think tod asked for the exact seed nevil got, even tho he had no chance of getting it. Sam has said for years he has no original seed left only his reproductions.

Go check out Icyrag, there is a haze discussion thread and this older thread asking SamS about ohaze https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=82182

SamS has changed the story, he now says he never sold nev any ohaze from the 60s, just his reproduction ohaze from the 80s, which is what he is claiming to be selling Todd now the exact same stuff he sold nev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back