Shanti...how bout some Northern Lights?

curious101

I know this question has probably been asked a lot but do u have any plans in the future of releasing a Mr. Nice Version of Northern Lights...i noticed that you've got some NL in some of your strains but how bout some pure Northern Lights or a Pure Afghani...i'd love to see a pure indica added to the Mr. Nice selection...anything in the works?

Hey Legend,
Yes shanti answers post when the time allows, however Im fairly sure he has alot on his plate lately. If your questions require immediate attention try writing im privately. :)

From what I know I think shanti has only NL#5 in hybrid form i.e. NL#5 x Haze (as the NL#5 clone passed away).I am not sure if he has any other pure NL genetics though.

Hi All

actually just been sorting through a fair amount of old seed stock of Nev and mine, and came across a few interesting things i sent to a new home for germination...including NL#5 x Haze, ortega, G13 x Haze, HP, and alot of interesting others . Seed is still from a long time ago, but it has been stored well...so we will see. Will give a clearer picture as things develop all the best Sb

Hi shanti ,

Its good to see you working with old seed stock , I am sure there is something interesting for you to find. Good luck with the germination.

PS the G13xHaze sounds really interesting.

Last edited:
wicked
lets hope a NL is born
i love a good nl
actually crossing a male to a fem skunk 1 next month
take care
bil

Hi All

actually just been sorting through a fair amount of old seed stock of Nev and mine, and came across a few interesting things i sent to a new home for germination...including NL#5 x Haze, ortega, G13 x Haze, HP, and alot of interesting others . Seed is still from a long time ago, but it has been stored well...so we will see. Will give a clearer picture as things develop all the best Sb

that is awesome...how bout some AfghanxHashplant, AfghanxOrtega or even HashplantxOrtega...now those would be some awesome indica strains

(as the NL#5 clone passed away).

Hi L33t,
Hope you're well.

Im not so sure about this, in fact you're the only cat I know who has posted something of this nature. Do you have a reason for believing this?

This was posted late last year sometime I believe.
shantibaba said:
Hope that helped. Thought you may like to know I have just germinated some stock seed from 1988 where the original Northern lights 5 originated from...and got an excellent germination rate to date about 55 germinated from 80 seeds after 2 days.

Here is hoping we can find something of interest for you all....take care all the best Sb

Thats the Shantibaba I know, not only does he have the NL5 but he has the fucking seeds that NL5 came from LOL!!!

You the man shanti!

Last edited:
Hi Jesse,

Hope all is well man.

I don't know why I posted that , if I am wrong , which I most probably am now I think about it , I am really sorry I just thought that this was the case at the time I posted, I really don't know why I had that impression (perhaps I came to this conclusion , after I had read the above post from shanti , the one that you quoted , but still my fault as I cant really recollect having read something like that) ..or my brain was messed up at the time I posted and perhaps confused it with the g13 clone..I really don't know how I came to this conclusion.

I am most probably wrong on this now I think about again..but still not certain. I 've never read about that for mns NL#5 ,in the past neither from shanti or anyone else as far as I can remember now, but I 'm not completely certain. Actually I ve read over hg420 about other companies that they lost their NL#5 cuts (Sensi) but then again I cant vouch if that is true or not either . Thats most probably why I had that impression..Or pehaps the fact that we haven't seen a new NL5 hybrid from shanti made that belief even stronger. Perhaps Shanti could clear this up .

Thank you for pointing this out , really, I wouldn't want to post inaccurate info if thats the case by any means . I really enjoy seeing Shanti working with old seed, its indeed exciting to work with old proven genetics .

BTW Here is some info on NL#5 mns has that Shanti had posted in the past.
Shantibaba said:
Reeferman bought a bunch of old seed lines from us(Nevil ) some years back, I was in Swiss at the time then he came out with loads of things. So you must understand that the expression and phenotypes are related to his selection work.The origins of the NL we have been using to breed with are Afghan, worked on in American in the 80s and Holland...one of the plants that has lead to a multitude of hybrids. There is no Thai in our version it is pretty much a 100% indica plant finishes 45-55 days and is exceptionally resinous. I am and will be getting round to working it into alot more work in the future but for the time being we are pretty busy just keeping up with things,...hope that helps all the best Sb

Last edited:
Hi All

what more could I want...

put my name at the top of that list Shanti...
NL5Haze,G13Haze ...I remember them well,
if i only knew then what i know now.
..man o man.

Ortega...this one ive only heard the name...dont know if ive ever smoked anything like it.

but Im willing to taste it lol :D

peace

Hi Scorpion , I ve heard so many good things about the NL5xHaze from people that had tasted it in the past, like you and Kashgari . I never had the pleasure but would really love to get and try some as soon as they are ready for public release course. Same for the G13Haze. I had sampled some of that from old Sensi's stock which I believe had the genetics from Nevil. Lovely smoke indeed.

Hi Scorpion , I ve heard so many good things about the NL5xHaze from people that had tasted it in the past, like you and Kashgari . I never had the pleasure but would really love to get and try some as soon as they are ready for public release course. Same for the G13Haze. I had sampled some of that from old Sensi's stock which I believe had the genetics from Nevil. Lovely smoke indeed.
Hi L33t
well le me tell yas a little story about ole Lime Green.
back in the darkages...pre seedbank,we were getting some really sweet mexican red hair from ,mexico of course,and it was very good,then one day my very best friend
Gumby,stopped by with a hightimes and a Seedbank Catalog,tellin me about all these New Hybrids from Holland...I said yeh right,we send them cash and they send us marijuana seeds in the mail?...yeh right I say again...
well DC sent his money and my money too...and we got our seeds...and they were bad MF!!!strongest pot anyone ever smokedaround here...
onward...nowa couple years later ole DC went to Adam to meet the
Real King of Cannabis NEVIL!...DC took the castle tour and was givein some really new and interesting seed from Nevil...
they were labelled
NL5 X Haze ,G13 X Haze, Hindu Kush, Northern Lights#1, California Orange
ya I know...aint that some shit.
well DC then moved off up into the sticks and spent 5 years with his seeds...
one day he came to visit me with a brown bag full of inbred seed from these original F1 Seedbanks
he gave me NL5Haze ,G13Haze and Hindu Kush ,plus some others that I never got too.

well
NL5Haze produced a Plant Female that basically looked like a Haze Hybrid in veg,but when she was flowered she took on a whole new appearence.she got thick,her leaves got real thin dark green almost black ,shiney plastic shit,just like nevils F1pick in the catalog,her flower was so compact dense and heavy that she had to be stacked or she would snap and this was from an indoor 400 watt lamp.the resin production was almost 50% to vegative matter of flower...this is not an exageration..I could grind a bud,sieve it and the piles were almost equal. the effect was nothing less than WAY TOO STRONG and instant head/body buzz.lasting for many hours...

Now on the flip side
G13Haze...I got one female that took 6 months to grow a foot...she was flowered under fluros and yielded about a 1/4 ounce...
evey joint i smoked from that shit knocked me out solid for a few hours...everytime! I did not clone this plant ...since she took way to long to grow,but I damn shure should have.

Hindu Kush.
this was a plant that was Blue green Foliage that was amaizeing just to look at...Beautiful. when she was flowered she produced rock hard golf ball size clusters of some funky catpiss resin encrusted toxic flowers.
nothing NICE about this plant,she was brutal to all who took just one puff,
NO Mercy! was the cry! none given and none taken with her...
I even made a video tape of theis plant,but it too met the same fate.

all my seed and all these plants went up in smoke and were lost to a fire...

DC died later the same year...this is the sole reasone that Ieven considered to come online...so far things are improveing and I have two of the old ones and with patience and Shantis good works we all will see the light that Nevil lit many years ago and that aint a story...Thats a Fact!

peace

Thank you for sharing this story with us Scorpion :)

I can only imagine the quality of the smoke from that old genetics! Thank you for all the descriptions and info on these different strains , I really appreciate the time you took to write this . I am sure shanti will find something interesting to work with from that old seed batches and release again some of those special strains .
BTW I don't doubt what you said about the extreme trichome production that NL5Haze had. I have never grown a plant from Shanti/Nevil that wasn't good. Thats the reason a mns plant will always have a place in my garden.

Its really good to have you online Scorpion. RIP DC , As long as your friends remember you , you are still amongst us and alive.

Man that is some list of strains you had there Scorpion, your description on them especially the NL5 x Haze sound like a dream come true strain, have you had the chance to grow out Sensi's NL5 x Haze recently?, i bought a pack around Christmas time to grow along with the SSH and others, only 3 came up, 1 never started too good but it's improving slightly, the other 2 are stunted with twisted growth and 1 of those it seems/looks like it has no growing tip to grow any further?, never seen anything like it before, very strange, peace, herb

Hi herb,
ya mon ,i bought into sensi's rap long ago,i dunno how many of them i planted,not one was i interested in keeping,it was not the same,not even close. i never saw a plant from sensi seed do what Lime Green did from nevs stock and the high was instant and overwhelming...its what i rate all others against as its the strongest shit i ever burned...and lol I been some places.

na man you gotta follow the seed...to get the plants.
Shantibaba will make the most of his goods,we all just got to give the man his time,magic takes time.

peace herb

Back