Original NL#5 Cutting ?

Vortex

Does MNS posses the original NL#5 Cutting ?

I'd like to see thle likes of NL#5 x Haze, NL#5 x Widow and NL#5 x Hawiaan.

Sensi still posses the original NL#5 Cutting don't they, hense NL#5 x Skunk and NL#5 x Haze.

Please some 50% NL5's:eek:

Below is a link to a Northern Lights thread for anyone who is interested, it contains some relevant information to the subject at hand.

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=2012

Thanks for the link Jesse.

Wow, the thread says MNS still posses the Northern Lights #5a. Is this the original NL #5 cutting Neville used to make the Seed Bank strains, Shanti or anyone else ?

If it is the original NL#5 cutting, I'd love to see it crossed with the Haze C male to create NL#5 x Haze Hybrids.

I'd also Like to see some NL#5 x Widow, now this would be a very interesting mix and dare I say would be killer !

Also NL#5 x Hawian would be something special too.

I can't believe any of these hybrids haven't been introduced into the MNS line up, if MNS have the original cutting !

Shanti ppppplllllleeeeaaaaassssseeeeeeeee !

Last edited:
Hi Vortex,
Ive been harassing shanti for years about Northern Lights, there were a few strains of cannabis that really brought me online in the first place to track down. Chiefly was white widow whom I soon discovered could have been one of any number of company's version of White Widow. Its easy to make the assumption the killer White Widow or killer Northern Lights you smoked is actually the real thing. After all, seeing is believing. But the truth is whatever the widow was I smoked that was so awesome could have been Green House widow or it could have been Dutch Passion or Nirvana. It could have been something totally different, labeled Widow to move faster. Always a possibility! Whose to say? That same thing Ive found is true with Northern Lights. Ive seen a few different versions of cannabis presented to me as Northern Lights. All were damn fine, but without question were not a single, specific line that had a designated name where you could expect the same type of high, taste, appearance etc. Some were more couch lock, others were like smoking rocket fuel. Your heart left racing, with a very paranoia inducing feeling soon to follow. Killer shit!

Ive did quite a bit of research on Northern Lights, and I discovered shortly before Nevil's plight with law enforcement he was geared up to release an 8 generation Northern Lights 5 variety in seed form to the public. What became of this project ultimately, Ive got no idea. But I would love to get ahold of some of those seeds, just for personal stash purposes alone. Shanti has also said Nevil reselected the Northern Lights strain in 2004 which was used in the making of NHS if im not mistaken.

Originally posted by Shantibaba
Anyhow we got this one ready just out of coincidence and it is a great plant.Nev reselected the NL from a very old batch of seed in 2004...I added it to the Haze father then selected and crossed it to an impressive Skunk male. I believe it to be something very special for medical patients who asked me for it by the way, and well hoping it does the same for those of you who decide to do it.

Future plans for the NL5
TSB1990page11.jpg

Considering the reputation Northern Lights has, and the experience I myself have had with marijuana that looked like a braided pony tail from a beautiful girl that packed a wallop of a paranoia inducing stone I think its safe to say this strain is without question a legend in the industry. As shanti has said in the past, Northern Lights is the corner stone of so many strains in the industry today that its foot is permanently wedged in the history of cannabis breeding forever.

The Northern Lights name carries with it a heavy burden, I would expect nothing but the finest genetics from whoever I purchased/received stock from labeled as Northern Lights. Ive not seen a mediocre version of Northern Lights, and its not talked about as just any ordinary/average plant by anybody who has honestly had contact with her. Its a real deal variety, so I would expect its quality to boarder on a Super Silver Haze or Mango Haze level of breeding accomplishments. Both of whom coincidentally are made up of an authentic Northern Lights variety. One thing is for certain, Northern Lights is a legendary strain whose roots can be directly traced to Nevil Schoenmakers, who successfully bred and marketed the strain the world over. He is still an active member of the MNS faculty and therefor this is without question the place to be looking for Northern Lights. Which is why Shanti has had more than one pm from me throughout the years on the subject at hand. This would be one of those varietys, along with Northern Lights x Haze that would fly off the shelves if Shanti and crew released it. Apparently things just arent ready yet, and in this hobby patience is not only a virtue but a requirement!

Last edited:
Back